[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hippy and Mrs. Hippy...

rhippens

i have certainly been limited in my time here lately because work has been hectic, but more importantly, my wife and i have been in the process of buying our first house. we moved in last weekend and we are of course still in the process of settling. (link at the bottom to check the place out.) the pictures are dark and we'll post better ones once we get settled. turns out the house was hand-built from logs from a forest fire right here on the forest i work on in the early 70's. we didn't know this until after we bought the place, but that story is pretty cool for me and adds some more feeling to it. if you are wondering about the mysterious furry ass in a few of them, that's my pup who can't stand not to ruin a picture from time to time. anyway, just want to keep all you fellow huddlers in the loop and wish you a very merry holiday season and a very successful fantasy playoff season. hope you and yours stay safe, warm, and well-fed in the coming weeks.

take care.

hippy

http://photobucket.com/albums/a369/rhippens/

Very nice! Congratulations.

Can you stand a little interior decorating advice? Lose the white hardware on the kitchen cabinets and go with something more natural looking...probably something in pewter.

You're a master of understatement...some of those pictures are black squares. :D  The view from the back is stunning though. Whereabouts are you?

1203170[/snapback]

yeah, my wife took them in the afternoon so they didn't turn out so well, but it's a look. i'd take some now, but we still have stuff all over the place. we'll get some good ones once we get moved in.

we are in prescott, arizona. the view shown off the back is from a 2nd story deck straight out of our bedroom door. pretty nice.

Very nice!  Congratulations.

Can you stand a little interior decorating advice?  Lose the white hardware on the kitchen cabinets and go with something more natural looking...probably something in pewter.

1203174[/snapback]

yeah, we've got a huge list of things of things to do all over. we are going to look the white hardware, some of the wood paneling, etc. big list, going to home depot in the morning to tackle some of it.

it's funny, i think the old wood paneling is kind of fun, but next to the legit logs, it looks a little hokey. we'll probably drywall over it and maybe eventually do real wood walls.

lot's of work, but we are looking forward to making it ours.

Does it have electricity and running water?  :D

1203257[/snapback]

yeah, it's actually about 5 minutes from downtown, just a nice location with some natural buffer. there is a house on both sides, but they are blocked by boulders, pines, etc.

yeah, it's actually about 5 minutes from downtown, just a nice location with some natural buffer.  there is a house on both sides, but they are blocked by boulders, pines, etc.

1203365[/snapback]

Perfect, you've got the best of both worlds.

Beautiful view and a lovely house. 

Is that near Flagstaff?  I've been through that area of Az and it is beautiful.  If you need any help setting up the grow room, just shot me a PM.  I can be there in a few hours.

1203287[/snapback]

about 2 hours southwest of flag, 2 hours north of phoenix.

i have certainly been limited in my time here lately because work has been hectic, but more importantly, my wife and i have been in the process of buying our first house.  we moved in last weekend and we are of course still in the process of settling.  (link at the bottom to check the place out.)  the pictures are dark and we'll post better ones once we get settled.  turns out the house was hand-built from logs from a forest fire right here on the forest i work on in the early 70's.  we didn't know this until after we bought the place, but that story is pretty cool for me and adds some more feeling to it.  if you are wondering about the mysterious furry ass in a few of them, that's my pup who can't stand not to ruin a picture from time to time.  anyway, just want to keep all you fellow huddlers in the loop and wish you a very merry holiday season and a very successful fantasy playoff season.  hope you and yours stay safe, warm, and well-fed in the coming weeks.

take care.

hippy

http://photobucket.com/albums/a369/rhippens/

1203156[/snapback]

Dude, that is a SWEET CRIB!! Where is that at? I'd love to own a home like that some day.

Standin' on a corner in Winslow Arizona

1203418[/snapback]

i actually traveled to winslow a couple of years ago. it's pretty neat on the corner. they have a big mural painted on the side of the buildings that matches the lyrics. flat-bed ford and all.

I lived in Wickenberg for a while back in the late 80's. Used to go to Prescott on the weekends to party.

1203426[/snapback]

i have to be honest that i have never spent time down there. i've driven through a couple of times, but never hung out there. is it a cool place to spend a weekend?

my wife and i are taking off in a couple of minutes for home depot. things are about to get interesting. i've been bugging her that i want to return with some air tools, but i don't see that happening until we get all this other stuff fixed up the way we want it.