[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need good vibes please...

SuperBalla

My brother and his wife had their first baby October 30th. He was full-term and of average weight 6 lbs 13oz. However the baby became real weak and unintrested in eating. The day he would have been discharged he became very weak, troubled breathing, and "out of it". The hospital ran tests and diagnosed baby Zachary with necrotizing enterocolitis which is the deterioration of the intestines due to a bacteria/infection. The diagnosis was given after x-rays showed gas in his intestines.

The positive things are a) it appears to have been caught early :D he is a full-term average size baby. However, the baby is in NICU in Colorado Springs, CO. It has broken my heart that they can't enjoy their gift right away so please take a moment to say a little prayer for our little friend for me. I promise he'll be a huddler just like his Uncle one day.

Thanks again,

Balla

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SuperBalla -

My thoughts are with you and your family. I was actually born with a very similar condition, necrotizing endocronitis which is a gangrene of the intestines (of course, my spelling may be off and it could be the same thing), though I was a premie. Just know that once through this, the baby will grow up to be a fine upstanding gentleman much like myself.

SuperBalla -

My thoughts are with you and your family. I was actually born with a very similar condition, necrotizing endocronitis which is a gangrene of the intestines (of course, my spelling may be off and it could be the same thing), though I was a premie. Just know that once through this, the baby will grow up to be a fine upstanding gentleman much like myself.

:D

Sending the SuperVibes over, Balla. :D

Thank you all. I will share with my brother all of your prayers.

They are doing another x-ray at 8pm central so hopefully I'll know more soon. They started antibiotics yesterday and I believe that it might take some time for those to kick in. Thanks again everyone.