[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whomper

jaxfactor

Those of you who read my thread a few weeks ago about what was going on in my life will understand where this is coming from. Sorry this is late by the way as I haven't had time to breathe lately.

So I get a PM from Whomper. He asks for my address because he has something he thinks I'll like. So I return the PM with my address and politely tell him that I'm ok and that he need not send me anything. The thought much appreciated though. So about a week goes by. I pull into my driveway and see this hugh box leaning up against the house by the front door. I say to myself, "what the f"ck? I didn't order anything." Then it dawns on me. Whomper's PM. He went ahead and sent something anyway. Something that's in this hugh box. I can't imagine what it could be. So I take it in the house and after several minutes(the package was wrapped very securely) I get to the pot of gold. There's a guitar case inside. But it's heavy so there must be a guitar inside. :D I open it up and there she is. This absolutely gorgeous flash from the past. A note is inside the case. I won't quote the whole note, just a part of it.

".....when I read your thread about giving up your guitar, I wanted to do this for you. Enjoy this guitar. It's all yours- don't think anything of it. ...........I'm pretty sure it's at least 50 years old. Have at it bro. Good luck."

I can't "not think anything of it". I mean, this guy has a heart of gold and I'm absolutely flabbergasted! I don't care if the guitar is worth a bunch or not. In my mind, it's priceless. This site has so many awesome people on it but this absolutely is hands down the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

I just wanted to let you all know if you didn't know already what kind of guy Whomp is. I will never forget this as long as I live and it definately made an impact on me. Whomper is the definition of "selfless". So thanks again Whomp! You made my day. You made my week. You made my year. And hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you in person. And in the future if there's anything I can do for you, I'll be there in a flash. :D Thank you bro, from the bottom of my heart.

Jax

P.S.- I hope, Whomp, that you're not upset with me for posting this. I simply couldn't let this deed go unnoticed.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A note is inside the case. I won't quote the whole note, just a part of it.

".....when I read your thread about giving up your guitar, I wanted to do this for you. Enjoy this guitar. It's all yours- don't think anything of it. ...........I'm pretty sure it's at least 50 years old. Have at it bro. Good luck."

the rest of the note said: "All I ask is that you post this story on the Huddle and mention numerous times how great I am. Also, don't quote this part of the note." :D

just kidding, whomp. :D

i think that's just great.

hey whomp, this reminds me of my recent tragic misfortune of losing my flat screen, hi-def tv. it still hurts deep in my heart to this day. i'm not saying there's anything you should do about it, i just wanted to let you know that the pain still permeates my soul. thanks for listening buddy.

wow, that is awesome. can't say it surprises me too much, though.

I agree also. I hope this isn't too embarrassing for you friend. But sometimes the good needs to be trumpeted too. Class act all the way. Thank God Jax doesn't play the tuba. :D

i think that's just great.

hey whomp, this reminds me of my recent tragic misfortune of losing my flat screen, hi-def tv. it still hurts deep in my heart to this day. i'm not saying there's anything you should do about it, i just wanted to let you know that the pain still permeates my soul. thanks for listening buddy.

:D

There are two constants in this world.

1. Your survival rate in this world is zero.

2. No matter what , someone on these boards will have an answer to your problem.

good stuff whomp.

Now did I ever tell you how i had to give up my 52 inch LCD flat screen TV......I really miss it.