[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stephen Friggin Jackson

spain

Isnt it about time that DMD moved S Jackson up in his ratings? Dorey still has him listed as the 17th ranked rb behind the likes of Ahman Green in the 3rd tier. I usually dont pay a whole lot of attention to the pre-season, but good golly Miss Molly! Jackson has been pretty impressive. Shouldnt he at least be moved to the end of tier 2?

I'd imagine DMD has him ranked as low as he does due to the "Fast & Furious" Mad Mike Martz factor.

I don't care how good of a RB you are, if the game plan only calls an avg of 10 to 15 runs per game, you ain't gonna put up good numbers week in week out. Then throw in the touches Faulk will get and DMD's ranking actually makes perfect sense.

So you're saying my Alexander / Jackson combo might put up some decent numbers?

966350[/snapback]

Alexander a definite yes.

Jackson only if;

#1) Martz pulls his head out of his rear end and actually calls a more balanced game.

#2) Faulk doesn't take too many touches.

Alexander a definite yes.

Jackson only if;

#1) Martz pulls his head out of his rear end and actually calls a more balanced game.

#2) Faulk doesn't take too many touches.

966352[/snapback]

After watching Faulk quite a lot last year, I'd be surprised if he gets any touches other than garbage time. He has gone over that precipitous RB dropoff, IMO.

After watching Faulk quite a lot last year, I'd be surprised if he gets any touches other than garbage time.  He has gone over that precipitous RB dropoff, IMO.

966386[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% Ursa Majoris.

Unfortunately the person who is making the decisions on play calling and ball distribution is not us, but that idiot Martz. Dude has some serious love for Faulk and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Martz give him the ball 25% to 30% of the time on running plays and probably about 80% of the time on RB pass plays.

I hope I'm wrong, as I drafted Jackson last year and kept him as the one keeper allowed in my long time local league, but I fear I'm not. :D

Agreed. SJAX needs to be bumped up a notch or two.

Higher than Dom Davis? That is a stretch.

SJAX has to contend with his pass happy coach and an aging M. Faulk

stealing some(not many) carries and TDs.

Some say Martz will not utilize SJAX like he could.

DD-is that teams offense. Some say Carr is not looking too good.

I see Davis getting plenty of opportuities even in the passing game.

Week one at Bufalo could be very tough for all Texans.

I like SJAX just as much as the next guy but I see Dom in the #6-#8

and SJAX around the #9-#12 range.

Good luck!

I have Jackson in my main league, and I am happy I do.

But I think it is tough to put him in front of guys like Rudy Johnson in the rankings, because Jackson is in a bit of an RBBC, and nobody trusts Mike Martz to stick with the run.

Still, on those occasions when Jackson does get the rock, I expect great things....

If Marshall Faulk was not there and there was reason to believe that Martz will throw less and run more, then I would have had Jackson Top 10 - maybe close to Top 5. He has the BEST rushing schedule of anyone in the NFL and that counts huge. What remains to be seen is how much Faulk will get used because even if it is 80/20 that cuts down Jackson a good bit. Plus Martz loves to throw in the redzone.

I think Jackson is a great pick where I have him, but there is a little risk to him thanks to the offense and Faulk. Whereas some RBs are ranked at what the best they likely will do, Jackson's most likely scenario is the least he will potentially do.

Watching lots of Rams games, I noticed last season that when Jackson was on the field, Martz really fed him the ball. Totally ignored the running game when Faulk was on the field. Jackson is the #2 talent in the league behind LT. He WILL be a top 5 back this year. He is the old Ricky Williams with a little more burst and runs with more violence.

Watching lots of Rams games, I noticed last season that when Jackson was on the field, Martz really fed him the ball.  Totally ignored the running game when Faulk was on the field.

966605[/snapback]

2004 Faulk had 195 carries ~ vs ~ Jackson's 134 carries.

I don't think 195 carries equates to Martz totally ignoring the run game when Faulk was in.

Does it really matter where DMD has him ranked? If you are drafting and you think he is higher (and use The Huddle's rankings) draft him where you want. I use the rankings as a guide but not as gospel.

"2004 Faulk had 195 carries ~ vs ~ Jackson's 134 carries. "

329 carries between the 2 of them. Going by that, if Faulk gets only 80 carries this season, this leaves Jackson with about 250. Not great for a top fantasy back. Given that Faulk will catch some balls too, it will cut down on Jackson's receptions as well.

"2004 Faulk had 195 carries ~ vs ~ Jackson's 134 carries. "

329 carries between the 2 of them.  Going by that, if Faulk gets only 80 carries this season, this leaves Jackson with about 250.  Not great for a top fantasy back.  Given that Faulk will catch some balls too, it will cut down on Jackson's receptions as well.

966726[/snapback]

250 carries for a guy who averaged 5 yards a carry last year isn't bad. Plus Jackson actually did catch about 20 passes last year, even though he was on spot duty.

Plus Jackson is facing a very favorable rushing schedule this year.

So lets say that Jackson gets 250 carries for 1200 yards rushing, and 35 receptions for another 200-250 yards. That's still pretty respectable, if not fantasy top ten numbers.

Does it really matter where DMD has him ranked?  If you are drafting and you think he is higher (and use The Huddle's rankings) draft him where you want.  I use the rankings as a guide but not as gospel.

966702[/snapback]

Ding ding ding!!!! We have a winner. :D No offense DMD.... :D

But championships in FF are made on people doing their homework first....then making their own key decisions. Otherwise....every 12 team league would draft exactly the same way, and I NEVER see that happen.

I use the rankings as a guide but not as gospel.

966702[/snapback]

With all the considerations you should have in your draft as you mix players and positions, even I do not use the rankings verbatim. There is far too many aspects to just "pick the next guy" that should be considered.

Week one at Bufalo could be very tough for all Texans.

966427[/snapback]

Actually, week 1 @ Buff, week 2 Pitt, and then week 3 is Houston's bye. DD owners could find themselves with a beat-to-chit RB that hasnt scored them a lot of points nearly a quarter of the way through the season. Not a cause for panic, certainly, but maybe something to consider. :D

Edited by Delicious_bass

So you're saying my Alexander / Jackson combo might put up some decent numbers?

966350[/snapback]

You must have had the 2nd pick too..I drafted today and got some funny sounds when I took Jackson, but some of the other owners spoke up and gave the thumbs up...I just stayed quiet...I think he will do just fine.