[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Meadowlands

HowboutthemCowboys

Yeah, I'm sorry I don't feel too excited about this move by the G-men or the NFL for that matter. The Saints don't deserve to play their 'home opener' on the road at their opponents home field. I'm not the NFL schedule genius guru, but I would think maybe I could find somewhere other than the OPPONENTS STADIUM to play this game. Its complete BS and I hope New Orleans kills the Giants in this one.

here is the link ... http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomar...?articleid=1774 and the article is pasted below:

The Saints "home" opener vs. the New York Giants in Giants Stadium this coming Monday (6:30 pm CT; ABC/ESPN) will bring some Big Easy flavor to the Big Apple for the nationally-televised contest.

Giants Stadium will host the Saints "home opener" on Sept. 19

Associated Press

Under the theme "Recover and Rebuild," special guests and entertainers from New Orleans and decor changes at Giants Stadium will reflect the special character of what was scheduled to be the Saints' home opener in New Orleans against the New York Giants. The game was originally scheduled for the Louisiana Superdome on Sunday but moved to Giants Stadium due to the devastation of Hurricane Katrina.

The field with have the Saints helmet and script logo in the end zone nearest the locker rooms (the left end zone as the TV cameras will see it). The other end zone will have the Giants logo. Saints banners will be placed on the sideline walls and the Saintsations will be on hand.

Irvin Mayfield, the famed New Orleans jazz trumpeter, will perform "America The Beautiful". Following him will be New Orleans natives Harry Connick, Jr. and Branford Marsalis, who will perform the National Anthem on piano and saxophone.

The NFL will host New Orleans Police Chief Eddie Compass and other members of the New Orleans Police and Fire Department who will participate in the pregame coin toss along with former Presidents George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton.

The league has arranged through several relief agencies for more than 600 residents of New Orleans who were displaced by Hurricane Katrina to the northeast to attend the game.

At halftime, 3 Doors Down, each member of which are from Mississippi, will perform.

Every NFL game on September 18 and 19 will include elements that will highlight and contribute to the national relief effort. The NFL's network television partners (ABC, ESPN, CBS and FOX) and national radio partner, Westwood One/CBS Radio Sports, will promote the relief effort during their pregame shows and game telecasts.

The Saints continue to accept donations to their relief fund, www.SaintsHurricaneFund.org.

I'm not the NFL schedule genius guru, but I would think maybe I could find somewhere other than the OPPONENTS STADIUM to play this game.  Its complete BS and I hope New Orleans kills the Giants in this one.

990886[/snapback]

you are mad? imagine how mad Dallas Philly and Washington are about it.

i think it should of been played on a nuetral site as well, san antonio being the best imo...allthought it would still be a home game for the G-men, my mother would be there and man let me tell you...she has some pipes on her. all you would hear is her cheering for the Giants.

Giving the Giants 9 home games(no mater how you paint the endzone it is still too far for New Orleans fans) is wrong.

When SD had to play elsewhere last year they played in Tempe. The Saints could have played somewhere(Tenn/Florida/Dallas/Houston)closer to home.

The Packers have a new plan to have all the Vikings, Bears and Lions away games at Lambeau Field. They too wil paint the field anyway the visitors want.

That should go over well. :D

Edited by Randall

Yeah, I'm sorry I don't feel too excited about this move by the G-men or the NFL for that matter.  The Saints don't deserve to play their 'home opener' on the road at their opponents home field.  I'm not the NFL schedule genius guru, but I would think maybe I could find somewhere other than the OPPONENTS STADIUM to play this game.  Its complete BS and I hope New Orleans kills the Giants in this one.

990886[/snapback]

I agree 100%. The ONLY reason this game is in New York is for ratings, which = money. Puts New Orleans at an even MORE disadvantage than they already are. Pretty despicable by the NFL, IMO.

Does anyone know how the 2 monday night games will be aired?  I realize they start at different times, but won't there be an overlap?  And if so, will they be on two different networks?

991215[/snapback]

I just looked at the television schedule. It appears that the Giants-Saints game will start at 7:30 on ABC. At 9:00, ABC will switch over to the regularly scheduled Monday night game and the Giants-Saints game will be shifted to ESPN.

That is most likely how it will work.

And I agree, it should be played at a neutral site.

I just looked at the television schedule.  It appears that the Giants-Saints game will start at 7:30 on ABC.  At 9:00, ABC will switch over to the regularly scheduled Monday night game and the Giants-Saints game will be shifted to ESPN.

That is most likely how it will work.

And I agree, it should be played at a neutral site.

991250[/snapback]

Also the for the NO and NY markets the game will remain on ABC and switch over after the game is over to the originally scheduled game

It is an awful decision to have this game at the Meadowlands. I agree with you all - that giving the Giants the chance to be on their own field when they are suppose to be the away team is ridiculous. How unfair to The Saints to make them play at The Giants home field. Complete nonsense.

It's too bad Dallas and Washington are playing on Monday night. Even Philadelphia was an option, though a lot of Giant fans would take the drive to that game.

Even if they played at the Houston Texans stadium. They could sell the tickets on-line through Ticket Master. What they don't sell, let the evacuees go to the game free (or even do that right from the start). Now THAT would be an emotional game. Some things are more important than money. Of course corporate America doesn't look at it that way.

Thursday, Sept. 15, 2005

Saints head coach Jim Haslett, quoted in The New York Times on the subject of the Giants trying to turn their stadium into a “home field” of sorts for the displaced Saints: "They don't need to paint that field with fleur-de-lises or anything. This is a home game for the Giants, and we'll leave it that way."

PFW "Random Quotes..."

If they would only bus-in about 30,000 Saints fans, that oughta do it.  :D

992389[/snapback]

That is what I was thinking. I believe I heard they were flying 600 Saints fans to the game? Great for the Saints fans that are going... But they will be slightly nullified by the Giants fans that will be in attendance.

I agree with Haslett. I think it is stupid that certain NFL officionados are trying to paint this as a Saints home game. This is a Giants home game no ifs-ands-or buts. Tickets were first offered to Giants season ticket holders (in-advance of the public sale) and if anyone thinks that the Giants faithfull won't be at the same intensity of any other home game, then they are kidding themselves.

here is the link ...  http://www.neworleanssaints.com/newsroomar...?articleid=1774 and the article is pasted below:

The field with have the Saints helmet and script logo in the end zone nearest the locker rooms (the left end zone as the TV cameras will see it). The other end zone will have the Giants logo. ...

990899[/snapback]

I think it's extremely lame that the Giants are planning on putting their own logo in one of the endzones.

It is a disgrace that this game is being held in NY. I am by no means a NFC East fan, but this is an unfair advantage for the Giants. Haslett said it, no matter what, this is a home game for the Giants. Last year, Arizona hosted a neutral site game between SD & MIA (I think).....the same should take place this week.

I am not being insensitive to the bigger picture, I just do not think it would have been this hard to have this game in KC, Indy, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, who cares where, just not in NY.