[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marcus Vick entering the Draft

thinkaboutit27

Alright,

Not too much on Marcus Vick entering the Draft as Vince Young is getting all the headlines.

So what do you guys think of Marcus Vick going into the Draft?

With all his legal baggage (the NFL 'hates' that) and character issues, I think he will be draft somewhere after round 3, maybe in round 4, but definitely later than round 3.

He's barely started 25 games overall and I don't think proved as much as other top QBs.

He's living off his brother's rep (and I am not sold on Michael Vick) and I think both Vicks are overrated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree. 7th if at all. More likely he'll be brought in as a FA. I will say this though. He has better skills as a passer than Eric Crouch and even he got a brief chance to show what he could do. I think someone will give him a shot, but he's not anywhere near NFL ready. He's a long term project with character issues. I dont' think he makes a roster unless he shows he can switch to WR (and is willing), which is no gaurantee.

I see him being drafted in the 9th round. :D

Seriously though, I am sure some team out there is looking for another addition to their thug squad. Sill don't see him being drafted before the 7th, but he will be picked up by someone.

I hope for once the NFL gets it right & provides this thug with nothing more than fast food applications.

1255891[/snapback]

I could not agree more, he hasn't shown that much in the college game. The only reason we are even talking about him is becuase his last name is Mexico.

He'll be drafted before the end of the 5th round.  Despite his obvious character flaws, solid NFL QBs are in demand and his talent is too great to overlook.  He won't be able to command a high signing bonus, either.

1256032[/snapback]

He won't be drafted as a qb.