[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts Pep Rally

CaptainHook

I went to the Colts Pep Rally tonight at the RCA Dome. I tried for a couple weeks to get my wife a seat for the game, but the few tickets remaining for Sunday's game were snapped up in less than five minutes on Jan. 2. My dad and I have season tix, but we just have the two. He was 8th in line at a Ticket Master the day they went on sale (thanks to the lottery system, I was visiting in-laws out of town). First guy bought 4, second guy bought two, then they were down to singles. By the time he got up there they were all gone. I've been working on a couple ways to get her to the game. I didn't want to drag two under-four kids to the pep rally, but then I saw it was on the field and figured the kid would have a ball. She wanted to go because they were having a drawing for 8 pair of tickets.

Thousands of people are there. All over the field and lower section. We hang out for a while. Lines were a mile long to get autographs from the cheerleaders :D . We entered our names twice each and then started to walk away. I told her I'd watch the kids and to go back and enter her name again. She wrote it using a blue Sharpie. She came back over, and then I went over and entered my name about 7 times before they took the bucket away for the drawing. 5 minutes later they start calling out names. The first guy wins a pair and has to show his ID. My wife says, "Oh great, I left my purse in the car." I'm thinking, "Don't worry, they aren't going to call your name anyway." As I'm thinking that, they call HER name. It was the one she wrote with the Sharpie. She goes on stage. I show the guy my ID to prove she had the same last name. He says ok. She walks off with two club seats, lower level, 40 yard line, face value $250 each. Needless to say, we're thrilled.

Go Colts!

Edited by CaptainHook

Very cool.  Now tell her that if she is willing to break Irsay's wishes, she could sell me the extra ticket and I will go with her to the game.

1263158[/snapback]

Hey babe, how would you like to go to the game with a Steeler fan I met on the internet? :D

Congrats :D

It is funny how things aren't what they seem. The joy you guys have for getting these tickets will turn to sadness when you are there on Sunday and the Steelers are breaking all of your hearts. :D

I went to the Colts Pep Rally tonight at the RCA Dome.  I tried for a couple weeks to  get my wife a seat for the game, but the few tickets remaining for Sunday's game were snapped up in less than five minutes on Jan. 2.  My dad and I have season tix, but we just have the two.  He was 8th in line at a Ticket Master the day they went on sale (thanks to the lottery system, I was visiting in-laws out of town).  First guy bought 4, second guy bought two, then they were down to singles.  By the time he got up there they were all gone.  I've been working on a couple ways to get her to the game.  I didn't want to drag two under-four kids to the pep rally, but then I saw it was on the field and figured the kid would have a ball.  She wanted to go because they were having a drawing for 8 pair of tickets.

Thousands of people are there.  All over the field and lower section.  We hang out for a while.  Lines were a mile long to get autographs from the cheerleaders :D .  We entered our names twice each and then started to walk away.  I told her I'd watch the kids and to go back and enter her name again.  She wrote it using a blue Sharpie.  She came back over, and then I went over and entered my name about 7 times before they took the bucket away for the drawing.  5 minutes later they start calling out names.  The first guy wins a pair and has to show his ID.  My wife says, "Oh great, I left my purse in the car."  I'm thinking, "Don't worry, they aren't going to call your name anyway."  As I'm thinking that, they call HER name.  It was the one she wrote with the Sharpie.  She goes on stage.  I show the guy my ID to prove she had the same last name.  He says ok.  She walks off with two club seats, lower level, 40 yard line, face value $250 each.  Needless to say, we're thrilled.

Go Colts!

1263124[/snapback]

Great story, Hook. Glad the Mrs. will be able to see the game. Is she going to hold up the big BOSE speaker through which they pump the extra crowd noise? :D