[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday night poker

whomper

Everyone signed up at Full Contact Poker yet?  Same GUI as Pokerroom.  I'm not sure if they are curtailing play-money play or not.

1302957[/snapback]

They definitely do allow play money private tables... at least I have that option as a "Charter Member", but I assume it is available to everyone.

As mentioned when I brought them up originally, they allow private tourneys, but not for play money.

They definitely do allow play money private tables... at least I have that option as a "Charter Member", but I assume it is available to everyone.

As mentioned when I brought them up originally, they allow private tourneys, but not for play money.

1303026[/snapback]

I think that option is open to everyone. The issue is that Pokerroom is now limiting the number of play-money players online at any one time supposedly due to the increase in real-money play (read...they want you to deposit $). I'm not sure if FullContact is doing that or not.

Same time same stakes ?  Do we have a back up plan if pokerroom shuts out us non real money account people ?

1302936[/snapback]

Since when are we locked out of Pokerroom :D

First I've heard of this.

1303220[/snapback]

Last weekend people were having issues logging in. The whompinator was finally able to, but he got some error message stating they were overloaded with "play money" players and tried to get him to deposit real money.

However, I just tried forming a private table and it worked fine. Hopefully tonight will work, too... cuz... :D I can most likely play tonight!!! :D

I've noticed that Pokerroom.com is difficult to get on in the evening as well. What time will everyone be playing???

1303394[/snapback]

12:00 EST.

Someone will set-up a table around 11:30 and post the table name here for all to see.

My odds for a 2nd consecutive win just diminished greatly.......  :D

1304383[/snapback]

Pardon me while I toot my own horn a bit... but this should diminish your odds a bit too:

Bump.  I'm in fo' shizzle.

1303871[/snapback]

:D

I busted a fish wide open on PokerStars about an hour ago. The guy was overbetting big time, but was getting people to fold. Guess it was a good move on his part, as he probably had a hand or two mixed in there. We were both chasing flushes (I had a straight draw on top of it though) and he threw out a junk bet on the river. I called, just so the table was able to see his hand, which was, of course, junk. I made a pretty a-hole-ish announcement, something like "that was for the table... now you all know he's playing with junk". He retorted with something lame like "oh, I bet everyone is transferring a dollar to your account now". I just threw a "lol" out there and played on. Few hands later, I am in the small blind and find a pair of tens in the hole. Limpers and folders all around, so I double the BB, nothing major. Something you'd do with AK or maybe AQ. BB folds, dumbasz calls, of course. One more caller. Flop comes Q T x. I check. He bets a joker bet. Guy ahead of me folds. I call. Turn was another blank. I bet a small amount. He called. River.... another Q. Lovely. Hmm... no way this guy would have slowplayed pocket ho's. So I throw a substantial bet out there. Long pause. He says "hmmm, how much do I want to take from you". He doubles the bet, leaving him with like 5 bucks (pot was like 30 or 35). I throw him all in (probably too fast, in retrospect) and he calls. I say "you're not smart". He mucks. Probably had a Q. I say "whoops". He says "nice". I leave. :D