[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not Quite Fast Food....

Duchess Jack

What's your poison  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's your poison

• Ground Round
    • Chilis
    • Applebees
    • Damons
    • Fridays
    • Bennigans
    • Olive Garden
    • Chi Chis
    • Johnny Carinos
    • Macaroni Grill
    • Houlihans

Yeah, if Damon's is on there, Outback belongs on the list too, and would be my choice amongst these.

sidenote: I believe the first Chi Chi's was originally opened in Minneapolis by former Packer drunk Max Mcgee in the mid 70's.

Edited by Sores

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I throw in PF Changs or is that too nice?  I guess I might vote for Olive Garden ONLY because I like their breadsticks and salad, not their bland, mediocre food.

1325853[/snapback]

Completely agree with you. Salad and breadsticks are pretty good for lunch, but I'll pass on the rest of the menu. Their sauce is very bland. You can find better Italian food at any of your local mom & pop joints.

They closed down the local Chi Chi's and have never seen the wimmin so mad. We used to eat there monthly. Seafood chimichungas. Mmmm. Now we have to go to Charlottesville to eat there.

My bro-in-law is owner/operator of the local Flemings. They own Outback and PF Changs too so I'm kinda burned out on them. Used to eat Outback weekly.

Never heard of Johny Carinos and Macaroni Grill.

I would've voted Red Lobster with Olive Garden right up there.

Edited by TimC

Well, I voted for Olive Garden, but would put both Red Lobster & Outback in front of it.

1. Red Lobster - Cheddar Biscuits, Good Steaks, Decent Seafood

2. Outback - Great Steaks, Bloomin' Onion, Bacon/Cheese Fries

3. Olive Garden - Breadsticks & Salad are great

I'm not a fan of chains, but my wife loves Chili's, and it's not too bad.  We have Copeland's here, which is cajun, and it is quite awesome for a chain.  Good seafood, steaks and pasta.

1325966[/snapback]

Mmmm...Copeland's...you aren't from Albuquerque are you Dutch?

Has anyone ever gone to a Mongolian Grill restaraunt. Unforunately, there doesn't seem to be one nearby, but, my buddy took me to one near Chicago, and I went to one in Bethesda, MD. and I love those places.

You basically go through and put as much fresh raw meat (chicken, steak, shrimp, etc.), vegetables, spices, and sauces as you want into a bowl, and take it up to the grill where they cook it for you, while entertaining as well (flipping the knives and such). They have some recipe suggestions, but, you can come up with whatever you want. Anyway, I love that place and wish there was one nearby.

http://www.bdsmongolianbarbeque.com/dining.html

Has anyone ever gone to a Mongolian Grill restaraunt.  Unforunately, there doesn't seem to be one nearby, but, my buddy took me to one near Chicago, and I went to one in Bethesda, MD.  and I love those places.

You basically go through and put as much fresh raw meat (chicken, steak, shrimp, etc.), vegetables, spices, and sauces as you want into a bowl, and take it up to the grill where they cook it for you, while entertaining as well (flipping the knives and such).  They have some recipe suggestions, but, you can come up with whatever you want.  Anyway, I love that place and wish there was one nearby.

1326186[/snapback]

There are a few down in Columbus, never been there although a friend has highly recommended it to me. May take a trip down sometime.

Nope, Northwest Arkansas here.  I know they have different recipes everywhere, but have you tried that open faced steak sandwich with mushrooms and onions?  It's ridiculous.:drool:

1326210[/snapback]

Ooo...that just made me drool...that sounds good. I've had something similar at Gordon Biersch...if memory serves me.

:whipinglipoff:

Has anyone ever gone to a Mongolian Grill restaraunt.  Unforunately, there doesn't seem to be one nearby, but, my buddy took me to one near Chicago, and I went to one in Bethesda, MD.  and I love those places.

You basically go through and put as much fresh raw meat (chicken, steak, shrimp, etc.), vegetables, spices, and sauces as you want into a bowl, and take it up to the grill where they cook it for you, while entertaining as well (flipping the knives and such).  They have some recipe suggestions, but, you can come up with whatever you want.  Anyway, I love that place and wish there was one nearby.

1326186[/snapback]

i lke mongolian bbq but i don't like bd's. in my experience they cook the chit too long so that the meat gets rubbery, and they give you....tortillas? :D what kind of bizarre culture clash is that?

Nope, Northwest Arkansas here.  I know they have different recipes everywhere, but have you tried that open faced steak sandwich with mushrooms and onions?  It's ridiculous.:drool:

1326210[/snapback]

Copelands has good food.

For some reason, I think there's a funny story attached to the last time I was at Copelands. Memory is just a little fuzzy. Maybe Twiley knows.

i lke mongolian bbq but i don't like bd's.  in my experience they cook the chit too long so that the meat gets rubbery, and they give you....tortillas? :D  what kind of bizarre culture clash is that?

1326214[/snapback]

It must be a Michigan thing. I don't usually use the rice. I stick it all in a tortilla.