[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bier's Trip to NY

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

I met up with a couple huddlers last fall for beers and burgers. Should have seen the looks I got when I told someone I was taking the day off to meet up with two guys I met on the internet, with the names, Bear and Yukon. :D:D

I met up with a couple huddlers last fall for beers and burgers. Should have seen the looks I got when I told someone I was taking the day off to meet up with two guys I met on the internet, with the names, Bear and Yukon. :D  :D

1449448[/snapback]

Yes but dude, THAT is weird! :D

It was a little strange trying to figure out what a "Furd" should look like when ChiefJay and I was trying to find him at a bar outside Comerica park last year. I forgot his number at home so I couldn't call his cell when we got there. Guessed wrong on the first guy. He seemed a little put out.

This entire thread is hilarious. Many times I start to tell people of the trials and tribulations of the Huddlers that I read about here on a daily basis. Suddenly a weird sense of self-consciousness and self-worth overwhelms me. I mean - what would my friends say about said nerdiness of internet chat boards. The mystery huddler seems to have cemented my feelings that I should never mention this place again. Sorry. :D

"So, we're hosting a little get together at the house, there'll be about 15 people coming, none of which I've ever met. :D But don't worry, I feel like I really know them, because they all spend a lot of time at the huddle message boards. :DBiermeister is coming all the way from Colorado, and he's bringing their wife and new baby girl. They have a baby girl, I'm sure they're not serial killers.  :D Then NSab and his brother Mauraders are coming all the way up from Philly on their Harleys (I know mini-NSab doesn't have a Harley, but roll with me on this one, it adds effect :D ) Then Dutchess Jack, the gay pirate and his wife the Captains Wench, who, coincedentally happens to have a nice rack, are coming as well. No, Dutchess isn't really gay, well, maybe he is, but there's nothing wrong with that. And he's bringing a tuna casserole. :DBrewer and his family should be coming as well. Yes, his name is Brewer because of the excess amount of alcohol he consumes, but don't worry, he doesn't drink as much as that lush Twiley I was telling you about. :D

Nogohawk, who really likes birds, might make the trip as well. I know it's weird for a guy to really like birds, but I couldn't not invite him. :D

A few other really nice guys, like BrooklynCrew, EasynDirty (no honey, I have no idea why he calls himself that), and juanruiz might be swinging by as well.

Just remember honey, keep 9-1-1 on speed dial, and hide everything that could get stolen, especially when NSab and Mauraders show up. Everything's going to be fine. Oh, and make sure you plan on sending our first born to a babysitter." :D

1448762[/snapback]

:D:D

It was a little strange trying to figure out what a "Furd" should look like when ChiefJay and I was trying to find him at a bar outside Comerica park last year.  I forgot his number at home so I couldn't call his cell when we got there.  Guessed wrong on the first guy.  He seemed a little put out.

1449675[/snapback]

To piggy back on that, I too had to explain who I was going to the game with. A similar response from me followed similar to those already posted. She actually understood it and was not horribly disturbed by it. Now if Bunz showed up at my door to go have a few drinks at the corner bar then we may have a problem, mainly because she's a Buckeye but also because she's a chick.

"You're / We're going to have a few drinks with who? Bunz? Are you kidding me?" No honey, she's this cool chick on the FF website I go to and she knows a lot about drywall. I don't give a crap what she knows about she ain't gracing our doorway and you / we sure aren't going to have beers with her. :D

That's a bit of an exaggeration but probably not too far off.

:D ..... trying to remember who was the first huddler i met.

i think it was abear about 6 years ago. we each brought the mrs', so it was a little easier for them to accept... but it was funny explain "now, where do you know him from?"

since then i/we have met quite a few and after seeing that they are "normal" mrs just shrugs and asks "when are they coming to town?"

Our daughter and friends give us strange looks when the Wench and I will be sitting at a table saying... Savage Beatings did this or Driveby did that.

Funny how these simply become people's names and lose their original meanings.

It'll be strange to meet folk and address them by their mild mannered alter ego names.

When I ran the baseball pool the people that didnt pay via paypal sent checks. In the memos they put their huddle names. My wife does the books so she read all of them. I remember she called me at work and said you got a check from swamp.. I thought for a minute then I said oh that must be swampnuts :D

My wife stumbled onto my mystery huddler thread. :D

Try explaining that! :doah:

"Yeah honey, I sent in my picture so a bunch of people I've never met and probably never will can call me gay and ugly and stupid"..... "No I didn't lose a bet"....."Well, it was funny to me" :D "No dear, I didn't give them our address"

when i was down in arizona recently...

"no you guys (mom, uncle, sister, cousin) go ahead...my umm....friend is picking me up"

"yeah, i know them through that football website." :D

"actually, i don't know his name, but he likes soup"

1451158[/snapback]

But I do like soup! :D

It is pretty funny trying to relate the Huddle thing to people you know. My ex-girlfriend, who I'm still close friends with, totally loves the Huddle camaraderie. Her favorite is H8 for some reason...:D

To piggy back on that, I too had to explain who I was going to the game with.  A similar response from me followed similar to those already posted.  She actually understood it and was not horribly disturbed by it.  Now if Bunz showed up at my door to go have a few drinks at the corner bar then we may have a problem, mainly because she's a Buckeye but also because she's a chick.

"You're / We're going to have a few drinks with who?  Bunz?  Are you kidding me?"  No honey, she's this cool chick on the FF website I go to and she knows a lot about drywall.    I don't give a crap what she knows about she ain't gracing our doorway and you / we sure aren't going to have beers with her.  :D

That's a bit of an exaggeration but probably not too far off.

1450423[/snapback]

So to be sure we are clear: she doesnt care if you hang out with obviously gay men, but she draws the line at hanging out with chicks... :D

just so we're all clear...the puker? :D

1451220[/snapback]

Yes, the puker! Somehow we avoided the Thews drama even though she is having a hard time getting over things. One day I'll get her to join the huddle and we can all call her a bitter fat lesbian and fun stuff like that!! High five! :D