[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pets

nuke'em ttg

When Sky was a kid, dogs and cats weren't around yet, so cut him some slack.

1480926[/snapback]

:D

Actually that list is for after I got married. The goat and pig were when we lived in Campo, CA... was stationed @ Silver Strand. We had 5 acres so plenty of room. Both the goat and pig were going to be destroyed by the neighbor that owned them. So we took them in but unfortunately neither lasted more than 6 months. :D Kids had a good time taking care of them and playing with them. Goat thought it was a human. Would run and play with the kids just like the other kids in the area. Funny as sin. Pigs are really smart. Smarter than dogs for sure. And no snakes around when they are in the area to be sure. They can be trained just like a dog...... and they don't lick you in the face. Several people had pigs as pets down there. Mostly working ranches though. Once they got too big... off to the freezer.

Had rabbits and chickens too... but those aren't pets.... those are food.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always had golden retrievers, from as long as I can remember until this day. When my girlfriend (now my wife) and I moved in together, I had two cats instanteously. I do not mind cats, but I love dogs. Cats do seem rather useless to me. The only thing that I have read so far states that cats rid your house of small pests. My cats don't do that because I have none in my house. What really sucked was when my wife got pregnant. I had to assume the role of taking care of the kitty litter. What a sucky job! One of the cats wouldn't squat down far enough and ended up peeing on the floor several times. Cat pee is one of the worst smells in the world!

Currently we have a dog (bichon) and a bird.

We used to have 2 rabbits too but they died a few years ago.

Growing up we always had dogs. Also had few cats along the way.

I have 2 Golden Retriever / Standard poodles (Allie and Juliette) and 1 Budgie (Paulie)..Budgie is a bird in the Parrot family. Its twice the size of a parakeet. And they can talk.

Edited by whomper

Cats do seem rather useless to me.  The only thing that I have read so far states that cats rid your house of small pests.  My cats don't do that because I have none in my house. 

1480967[/snapback]

To look at it another way, maybe there are no pests in your house because you have cats. :D

Saige. I swear it was the ex that dressed her up like that  :D

1481001[/snapback]

You are the undisputed God of avatars. :D

jasper and sierra

2 dogs

- jasper (10)

- sierra (9)

both named after national parks

edit: both are american eskimos... aka japanese spitz

2 cats

- cozmo (10) named after kramer on seinfeld

- monte (9) named after mr. burns on simpsons

Edited by Bier Meister

The wife wants a dog as well but she won't let me get a greyhound, my favorite

1481143[/snapback]

If you ever decide to get one, let me know. I know some folks that do the "rescue" things fo abused and slow race dogs. They are near Omaha so not too far from MN.

We have a cat

The wife wants a dog as well but she won't let me get a greyhound, my favorite

1481143[/snapback]

See if she will go for an Italian Greyhound..They are much smaller yet still lightning fast. My Kids pediatrician has one. Its an awesome dog.

check it out

Edited by whomper