[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any of you spend a lot on a vaccuum?

peepinmofo

My wife swears by the Sears cannister models. Every couple of years, we buy a new one (min$300), and we rotate one of the old ones out.

We have one for each floor of the house so she doesn't have to carry it up or down the steps.

We bought a Dyson Animal. Best money we ever spent. It it truly amazing how much stuff wasn't being picked up by our old vacuum. Also, our sinuses thank us.

How is it on bare floors? My downstairs will be bare (pun intended :D ). Itll be tile downstairs and carpet upstairs. Im intrigued by the Dyson Animal.

How is it on bare floors? My downstairs will be bare (pun intended :D ). Itll be tile downstairs and carpet upstairs. Im intrigued by the Dyson Animal.

Works great on bare floors. We have harwood floors upstairs and it gets all the stuff out of the nooks and crannies. The only complaint I have is the same complaint I have with every vacuum I've ever owned. My wife has REALLY long hair and it gets wrapped around the beater brush and builds up there. Every couple of months I have to take the knife and scissors to it to clean it off.

• 1 year later...
My wife had to have a Kirby. Spent over a grand on a vaccuum. :D

Yep, I'm in the same boat. My wife had to have the Kirby. It's nice and all, but to me it seemed a bit ridiculous to spend that kind of money on a vacuum. Of course I wanted her to keep sucking so I bought if for her. We also have a central vac, and that is nice at times as well, but it doesn't have near the suction of the Kirby.

I can't imagine spending more than 150 on a vacuum, but I guess if my wife was passionate about the job, I would go big. But wow. I've had a $75 Hoover or some such going on 10 years now. Seems to work OK for me.

We don't have enough carpet to warrant a big vaccuum investment, but we to oare going ot be in the market for a new vaccuum soon. And wit hthe way our dog sheds, this Dyson Animal intrigues me. I need something that will work on carpet and hardwood floors.... heck, maybe I can just run it right on my dog to get the hair before he actually sheds it....

I can't imagine spending more than 150 on a vacuum, but I guess if my wife was passionate about the job, I would go big. But wow. I've had a $75 Hoover or some such going on 10 years now. Seems to work OK for me.

We have a Hoover as well & it works fine. It would be very nice to have one of these because I know they are worth the price, but there's still no way I would pay it.

My wife absolutely loves to vacuum..Seriously she vacuums the house about 6 times a day. Between my little ones and my 2 dogs that thing is always running. I bought her a 900 dollar electrolux The " legacy" model. I know it sounds nuts but she absolutely loved it..It has these lemon flavored bags that freshen the room. It makes the carpet look nice and high everytime she uses it. Our dogs dont shed but they wrestle a lot and bite each other so there is a lot of hair being ripped out. It all comes up great and there is no hint of Dog smell. Under normal circumstances id never spend that on a vacuum but to her it was a big deal so I went the extra mile..It has a million gadgets and a mini cvacuum for stairs.

I narrowed it down to the Electrolux and Miele and bought the Miele-I am not impressed with the Miele. Paid $1100 for it and already needed a repair although under warranty but doesn't have much horsepower. I do miss my central vac!

As mentioned earlier, Mrs. RR wanted an Oreck due to it's lightness. Yup, a five level house makes that a big deal. We bought the Oreck 21XL... She wanted it.....she got it. We got a $100 trade in disc.. She is very pleased w/ it. She is usually very frugal, but when she wants something, I don't look at price, I just say "FINE!". After 35 years of marriage, one tends to do that. I have no regrets, as we had bad luck w/ several other brands. And YES the warranty made me feel better considering we got corn holed by the last repair guy....long story. Keeping the wife happy is a priority in my life! :D