[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

favorite sporting event attended?

dmarc117

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to say, the ones that stand out to me are college football games. several u. of colo. when i was going to school there in their heyday in the mid 90s...but i have to say the number one experience was utah at air force in 1994, when utah was actually ranked pretty high, but air force was able to beat them in a high scoring affair. a game at the AFA is always a great experience, but this game was absolutely phenomenal.

i have to say, the ones that stand out to me are college football games. several u. of colo. when i was going to school there in their heyday in the mid 90s...but i have to say the number one experience was utah at air force in 1994, when utah was actually ranked pretty high, but air force was able to beat them in a high scoring affair. a game at the AFA is always a great experience, but this game was absolutely phenomenal.

Similar to this, my experiences at UCSB basketball games will never be forgotten. We had a very average team, but The Thunderdome was dubbed "Cameron West" (after Duke's Cameron Indoor Stadium) as the student section was EXTRA rowdy.

An early February matchup (1993) against the then #6-ranked UNLV Runnin' Rebels is by far the most memorable of these games. UCSB had a good core of seniors and some athletic kids that caught the Rebels off-guard and we upset them (on ESPN's Big Monday no less). Couches were burned, alcohol was consumed, chaos ensued. :D

Bears 44

Cowboys 0

-from the 1985 season.

I was at this game, which had some serious firepower on display and might've been Flutie's best game as an NFL pro.

Notre Dame 19

Michigan 17

- 1st game of NDs last title year.

Been to a a few good Cubs games: the 6-5 10 inning win against the White Sox at Wrigley. Saw Carlos Zambrano come thorw a 1 hitter and that hit was one of those "seeing eye bloopers" that found it's way into that CF/2nd/SS gap in LA.

Coolest sport moment was against my Cubbies: I was 2nd level behind home plate when Alez Cora fouled off 18 straight pitches against Matt Clement before going yard. One of the few times I ever gave an opposing player a standing O. Had to.

I have been to a lot of great events but the two that stick in my mind the most was watching the University of Washington dominate :D the Miami Hurricanes 38-20 in 1994 ending Miami's 58 game home winning streak. This weekend was part of a cruise that my Dad and I took with the Husky faithful to the Bahamas. Doesn't get any better!

My next favorite would have to be when my Huskies dismantled :D Michigan in the 1991 Rose Bowl to win the National Championship. Nothing like being at the Rose Bowl!

following that up....if only CU/michigan 1993 was in boulder so i coulda been there live. what a friggin game THAT was.

I attended the Redskins 75th anniversary gala. Black tie affair with one of the ESPN guys presenting. They had the 75 best redskins there: Riggins, Theisman, Clark, Monk et. al. Each table got one of the 75 sitting at them durring the auction/awards poresentation. My table had some linebacker from the 70's that I cant remember his name. Dude was funny as hell. He sits down and instant is like "Wheres the wine chick? Whats up with all these empty glases" I guess he wasnt very familiar with that kind of table set up. Later they had a meet and greet in the smoking room. I got there early and bought a $50 ciggar and sat next to the fireplace. Who sits next to me? Friggin Sonny Jurgenson :D ! We chat a while. Hes a VERY cool dude. I'm mingling with my girlfriend who got the tix cause shes in the ad dept at Delta. Smokin a ciggar and chattin with Dan Snyder :D . In strolls Riggo with like 5 hawt ass chicks and I chatted with him :tup: . Next day we had field and club level passes for the Skins vs Indy. Needless to say that was one of the times of my life. And it was all free. And I broke up with that chick that got all those tix... :doh:

Going to game 6 of the Giants-Angels World Series, and, when the Giants looked like they were going to win the Series in Anaheim, plotting my escape from the unruly crowd that surely would lynch me as I was proudly wearing the Orange and Black.... :D of course, they blew the game and then the series, but it still was a blast.

Edited by Big Country

Watching my son win a National Championship in 10 year old baseball.

Nothing tops watching your kids excel. Got to see my oldest son win the American Legion World Series (he played with Pete Rose Jr.) and seeing my other son win the Ohio state American Legion championship. Great times.

Nothing tops watching your kids excel. Got to see my oldest son win the American Legion World Series (he played with Pete Rose Jr.) and seeing my other son win the Ohio state American Legion championship. Great times.

How much did Pete Sr. win on that one?

I can't name any playoff games, since the Caps have yet to do well in the playoffs since I've been a fan, and the one Ravens playoff game I've been to sucked. So, it would have to be Ravens vs Steelers in Baltimore this past season. It was a regular season game, but it felt like a playoff game. Great atmosphere and we won. :D

Does Girls KY Wrestling count as a sporting event?

If not, I'd say Game 6 of the '06 Stanley Cup finals. Edmonton went berserk. The party after was prime also.

Edited by Tford