[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Married People

Menudo

Welcome to the wonderful world of multiples my friend. there are a few of us on the board. Please feel free to think you are a better parent then these singleton parents out there.

Any questions you may have please feel free to PM me. believe me I have some good advice. I have twins (one boy and one girl). Good luck.

Tried to send PM but your inbox is full.

Our situation - Married 17+ years, 4 kids (ages 4, 9, 14, 16), wife pregnant with #5, I work, she is a stay at home mom.

She does - what she can.

I do - whatever she asks me to.

Why, you may ask. Because I wouldn't want to trade places. :D

:tup:

Congrats on #5 :D

I believe it's called retirement.

As soon as I hit "add post" i thought of that actually...

Man, why do I have to go through this whole "work" phase to get to retirement (I remember when my stepdad retired after 20 years of teaching, which had followed 20 years in the army, all the year before he turned 62 - heard how he was getting three checks (army pension, teacher pension, soc sec) that would add up to what he was making his last year of teaching - my 19 yr old reaction was : "sh8t, I just want to move to that phase...screw the 40 yrs of work")

Of course, my 37 yr old reaction ain't a whole lot diff.

1. Cooking - 50/50

2. Laundry - She does 80% I do 20%

3. Paying Bills - She is in control of the household finances. I do the business.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 80/20 Her

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 80/20 Her

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 60/40 her

7. Dishes - 60/40 her

8. Living Room / Dining Room : 90/0 her

9. Basement Cleaning - We don't have a basement..

10. Grocery Shopping -70/30 her.

11. Mowing The Lawn - She writes the check to Jose.

12. Taking the dog out - 50/50

13. Dog feeding / bathing - feeding-50/50, washing-100% her.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - we each take care of our own vehicle.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - She stayed home for the first year with each. When I was home, I did them, but she did them when I wasn't home.

she's home a lot more than i am...

1. cooking -- 75% her

2. laundry -- 90% her

3. paying bills -- 50/50

4-9. bedroom, bathroom, dishes, kitchen, etc. -- all 90% her

10. grocery shopping -- 60% her

11. mowing the lawn -- 60% me

12. taking the dog out -- 70% me

13. dog feeding/bathing -- 70% me

14. car stuff -- 80% me

15. baby's diapers -- this is in the future, but i'm guessing about 80% her

1. Cooking - Probably 75% her. I do the weekend cooking. She (sometimes) has dinner ready when I get home.

2. Laundry - 75% her. Though she dosent put any of my clothes away or iron anything.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by her. I suck with money so bad she gets my DD and gives me an allowance.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - We never make the bed but when the room needs cleaning I usually do it.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% her. Except when I use a little TP to wipe up some errant pee.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 75% her. Like the cleaning, its my chore on the weekends.

7. Dishes - See above.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - See above.

9. Basement Cleaning - N/A

10. Grocery Shopping - 95% hers. I buy the beer and cigs.

11. Mowing The Lawn - N/A

12. Taking the dog out - N/A

13. Dog feeding / bathing - N/A

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - N/A - We pay people to do these things.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 75% her. Shes a stay at home mom, thats why I pay the bills.

As soon as I hit "add post" i thought of that actually...

Man, why do I have to go through this whole "work" phase to get to retirement (I remember when my stepdad retired after 20 years of teaching, which had followed 20 years in the army, all the year before he turned 62 - heard how he was getting three checks (army pension, teacher pension, soc sec) that would add up to what he was making his last year of teaching - my 19 yr old reaction was : "sh8t, I just want to move to that phase...screw the 40 yrs of work")

Of course, my 37 yr old reaction ain't a whole lot diff.

Ya, but that age requires that you be old and feeble. I think work is a nice trade off for being young.

We both bust our humps, at home and at the office. For the most part whoever's got free hands just attacks the job at the top of the priority list. There are only a handful of tasks that one or the other is primarily responsible for.

My wife has been a stay at home mother for almost 6 years now. She's doing a few hours of swim lessons on the side, but still does most of the house work.

1. Cooking - 70% her, 25% takeout, 5% me.

2. Laundry - 100% by her.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 100% her.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% her

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 70% her, 30% me. I always clean up dinner.

7. Dishes - 50% her, 50% me.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 90% her, 10% me.

9. Basement Cleaning - 90% me, 10% her. This is a playroom/storage at the moment.

10. Grocery Shopping - 90% her, 10% me.

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% Me.

12. Taking the dog out - 100% her.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - 40% her, 40% kids, 20% me.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 85% me, 15% her. She'll wash the mini van now and then.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - N/A - kids too old

I drive 35 miles one way to work. I get up about 5:30 and get home about 5:30. Add in 8 hours sleep and I have about 4 hours for stuff during the week.

we have a maid

That's really the only way to fly. Provided you make more per hour than it costs you for a maid, it just doesn't make sense to clean the place yourself. Your leisure time is worth what you can make working, so why not farm out anything you can get done for cheaper and just enjoy yourself.

While reading through the pet peeves thread, I was absolutely amazed at the chores some of you guys take on. I thought are house was the normal situation, but, I guess I'm a bit lucky. :doh:

Here is how things go at our house:

1. Cooking - 99% by her. I only cook if I want to surprise her, or if I'm in charge of feeding myself, in

which case I usually order out, but, sometimes make a grilled cheese or two.

2. Laundry - 100% by her. I think I have done laundry once or twice in my entire life.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by her. She is a control freak, and I love that she wants to do this chore.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50% each - I think we both share this one.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 80% by her. I put things away, but, I never scrub anything.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 80% by her. Same as bathroom.

7. Dishes - 80 % by her. I always rinse my dishes off, and I usually put them in the dishwasher. She runs,

unloads, and puts away most of the time.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 80 % her. Again, I clean up after myself, but,

she does the real cleaning (dusting, scrubbing, vacumming, etc.)

9. Basement Cleaning - 95 % Mine - This is my room, and I am responsible for it. I love my basement.

10. Grocery Shopping - 95% Hers - I barely ever go.

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% Mine - She has never mowed.

12. Taking the dog out - 75 % Mine - She only takes him out when I'm not around to do it.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - 50% Even - We both share in this

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 50% Even - We both maintain our own cars.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 70 % Her - I don't mind doing it, but, she does it most of the time

:D Did I forget anything......

So, am I a lazy mother F'er ???? :D

Congrats! Sounds like the mail order thing worked out very nicely :tup:

Did you go with Russian, Bosnian or South American??

Ya, but that age requires that you be old and feeble. I think work is a nice trade off for being young.

I retired at age 46-although many on this board would consider that old and feeble like Broncos 05-though I don't believe he is only 16. Way too articulate, mature, well rounded and informed. If he truly is, I am truly impressed.

That's really the only way to fly. Provided you make more per hour than it costs you for a maid, it just doesn't make sense to clean the place yourself. Your leisure time is worth what you can make working, so why not farm out anything you can get done for cheaper and just enjoy yourself.

bingo

Well, we JUST got back from our honeymoon, so we'll see how much this changes... :D We have lived together for less than a year, too. No kids. I work from home, and she's yet to get a job in our new hometown (wanted to wait until wedding/honeymoon was over).

1. Cooking -

2. Laundry - 80% her. I usually fold/put away my stuff though.

3. Paying Bills - We have traditionally paid our own bills, and I paid the cable/phone/etc., but we are going to change this.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - She does this. I don't know where all the pillows go :D ... I'll help with the sheets/comforter. She "cleans".

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 60/40 her.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - I like cleaning the kitchen, so probably 60/40 me.

7. Dishes - :tup: I'm on dish duty.

8. Living Room / Dining Room : Mostly her. Say 70/30.

9. Basement Cleaning - No basement, but I clean "my" den.

10. Grocery Shopping - We usually go together.

11. Mowing The Lawn - In an apartment now, and she said that she wants to mow! :D OK!

12. Taking the dog out - No dog, but we will have one. We'll probably split this duty.

13. Cat feeding - I feed mine, she feeds hers.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - :D They have people that do that for you.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - No baby yet. I have a feeling that I'll be doing quite a few diaper changes. :doh:

Cooking- 80 % her 20 % Take out

Cleaning -she does all the household cleaning. I maintain the yard and scoop the dog business everyday

Finances -She does all the books

Laundry- 100 % her

Bathing Kids/ homework kids- Not really considered chores but I do these about 80% of the time

Grocery shopping -60/40 her

My wife has been a stay at home Mom for 6 years. I do what I can to pitch in but she keeps a great house. Even with 2 kids and 2 70lb dogs its always immaculate. I give her credit. Im very hands on with the kids and support us financially 100 % but day to day chores she does more. Shes a rock and we both appreciate each others contributions..

Edited by whomper

1. Cooking - 50/50 But we eat out/bring home ALOT

2. Laundry - I wash, dry, and bring to the bedroom; she folds and puts away

3. Paying Bills - Most of ours are set up on auto payment. The rest we split.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50/50. We have a maid that comes twice per month too

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 50/50,Maid

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 50/50; maid

7. Dishes - 50/50

8. Living Room / Dining Room : 50/50 maid

9. Basement Cleaning -100% her

10. Grocery Shopping - 70/30 me

11. Mowing The Lawn - I mow and weedeat. She edges and does alot of other stuff

12. Taking the dog out - No dog,

13. Cat feeding - She feeds her cat who lives OUTSIDE

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - They have people that do that for you.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 50/50

We both work full-time, but I work more hours than she does. She works as an OT in the school system, so she gets about 8 weeks vacation per year (she usually works the first half of summer school.

untateve:

pay bills

take boys to school/pick them up

homework (mostly me)

get boys ready for school in morning

coach two soccer teams during season

cub scout den leader

some cooking (mostly on weekends)

run the dog 4-6 miles daily

feed/clean dog

yard (although I pay to have it mowed)

volunteer hours at school

coffee responsibilities

making lunch for boys

dishes about 60% of time

pool cleaning

wife:

cooks during week

most of laundry

most of house cleaning

food shopping

dishes about 40% of time

As I make this list, my wife is a very lucky woman.