[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Despite the huddle forums (and the tailgate in particular)

wiegie

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of the congrats--I must say, it's just now starting to sink in and it feels pretty good. :doh:

(And I did tell my wife before I told you guys... but it was close. :tup: )

(And I do have a doctorate. :D )

(And if you don't want me to fish for minnows, tell DMD to restock the pond. :oldrazz: )

(And finally, about four years ago when I still didn't have any publications I seriously wondered if I was going to not get tenure because I wasted so much time here instead of doing research. :D )

(And I do have a doctorate. nerd.gif )

Are you saying that wiegie doesn't have a doctorate? I think he's going to disagree with you.

Okay, he has his Doctorate! :D And I'm only 6 years behind that info! :tup:

But Unta, did you KNOW that he had his Doctorate? :D

I, frankly didn't!

F' all that! Great Job.....

DR. Wiegie!!!!

...serioulsy, now that you're immune from "the man", what sort of bizarro research are you gonna start drumming / dreaming up?

"The relative economic benefit of being able to use the pole vs. giving good lap dances"

"Alcohol content and calories as a pricing indicator in imported beer"

"Sexual favors afforded to the perpetually gainfully employed by their grateful spouses"

...just curious...

:D

Edited by muck

(And finally, about four years ago when I still didn't have any publications I seriously wondered if I was going to not get tenure because I wasted so much time here instead of doing research. :D )

Congrats! :D

Don't Huddle posts count as publications?

CONGRATS, DOC! Well deserved. If anyone here didn't know it before, you can always go to W for all econ related Qs, just like using Chargerz for any va-jay-jay related Qs.....

Has anyone answered Puddy's Q re: whether it can transfer between states? Good question...

Oh and is it transferrable (or is wiegie going to be living in Michigan forever).

Tenure is institutution-specific and therefore not generally transferable (although in some cases other universities will grant a person tenure when they hire them or will allow them to go up for tenure within a year or two of arriving).

As for me living in Michigan forever, when I was talking on the phone last night to my dad he stated: "So, I guess this means you'll be staying in Grand Rapids permanently" and I replied "Well, it means I have the option of staying here permanently if I want." (But all in all, I like it here reasonably well, and I have no real plans to leave.)