[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Question For You Long Time Huddlers

TBone

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started coming here sometime between the fall of 1997 and the summer of 1998.

SanDDi was not Purple Rain ... because Purple Rain was an earlier moniker for KC Crazy ... who was (essentially) having cybersex with SanDDi on the MBs for a week or two until he found out SanDDi was really a dude. But, I don't remember who the dude was. Possibly Bumbo Swamp (aka 'dbrendenburg")?

SanDDi was not Purple Rain ... because Purple Rain was an earlier moniker for KC Crazy ... who was (essentially) having cybersex with SanDDi on the MBs for a week or two until he found out SanDDi was really a dude. But, I don't remember who the dude was. Possibly Bumbo Swamp (aka 'dbrendenburg")?

Whoa there muck. Brainy Smurf was dbrendenburg. Bumbo Swamp was a thing unto himself.

SanDDi wasn't Bumbo. I remember who SanDDi was, and he still posts here, but I won't divulge his identity.

And :D @ Bumbo. There are no words to describe the experience that was Bumbo, but he was funny as all hell.

I actually lurked the forum in Fall of 1999 and never took the time to register as Beaumont until after the 2004 season ...

It seems to me that I posted at some point back in 1999 or 2000 though. It would have been when it was free. I have no idea what my handle would have been ...

"wolfden1" started in 2004, after "wolfden" forgot to pay in time and got purged/lost/something. Found the site in 1999 and been around ever since.

Edited by wolfden1

Is The Huddle going to do weekly rankings during the season this year? I subscribe to both the Huddle and FBG - I have to say that FBG puts out a lot more weekly info especially during the season. I had to think twice about renewing yesterday and I have been a huddler since the beginning.

Is The Huddle going to do weekly rankings during the season this year? I subscribe to both the Huddle and FBG - I have to say that FBG puts out a lot more weekly info especially during the season. I had to think twice about renewing yesterday and I have been a huddler since the beginning.

:D

This will not end well...

If you come here just for the rankings then you might as well be on your way. Not that the home page content is not good, but much of the best content on the Huddle is here on the forums and that doesn't just include rankings & such. Spend a little more time here & you'll know what I mean.

Edited by rajncajn

I think CaGamblers' question is reasonable. I have no idea though why he decided to post it in this thread instead of just e-mailing his comment to DMD and/or WW (or just posting it as a new topic in the site help forum). :D

What is the huddle missing as far as weekly info goes ?..You have the start bench and projections . Injury reports. Priority news is one of my favorite things here..I havent used FBG so I am not sure of the comparison but I cant see needing that much more then what I see here .

Is The Huddle going to do weekly rankings during the season this year? .

Yes.

But we already projected about 220 players every week so we already sort of did that anyway but it will be more formally presented this year.

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET THAT CAN YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE TIA

yeesh

PS granted I'm half senile, but don't recall your name back from the early "blue n gray" days either.

Edited by BeeR

I'M SORRY I DIDN'T GET THAT CAN YOU REPEAT THAT PLEASE TIA

yeesh

PS granted I'm half senile, but don't recall your name back from the early "blue n gray" days either.

Man, that blue and gray was like my favorite too....

I havent used FBG so I am not sure of the comparison but I cant see needing that much more then what I see here .

I went to fbg once when it first started to see what it was all about and it mostly seemed like a bunch of tools gathering under a ku klux klansman logo--and I never felt the need to go back

Yes.

But we already projected about 220 players every week so we already sort of did that anyway but it will be more formally presented this year.

I have used FBG but probably won't renew this year. DMD, one thing that was helpful that I got from that site was D's to pick up for the week on Mon. morn. If I don't have a Chi type D, I do a WW for D's at the begining of the week. As I recall the WTS D's didn't come out here until Weds. or Thurs. I liked their EOS format better, but you've addressed that this year.

I think your rankings and predictions are more accurate and the message board here is the best bar none.