[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need advice and prayers ASAP.

Swampnuts

Thanks for all the advice, you guys confirmed what I was feeling. I spoke to a friend who works for my new company and he hooked me up with a supervisor that I've already met with. He told me to go and have no worries.

I just spoke with my dad and he has to have a 5 way bypass surgery tomorrow. I can't get there in time for the surgery, but I'll be there by tomorrow night. So I'm going to report to my new job in the morning and leave after lunch to make the flight. Thanks again to all for the prayers and advice.

Best wishes to your dad. My dad had triple bypass last year so I can appreciate the stress/concern. The upside here is from what I heard/was told, these operations have a very high success rate.

Thanks for all the advice, you guys confirmed what I was feeling. I spoke to a friend who works for my new company and he hooked me up with a supervisor that I've already met with. He told me to go and have no worries.

I just spoke with my dad and he has to have a 5 way bypass surgery tomorrow. I can't get there in time for the surgery, but I'll be there by tomorrow night. So I'm going to report to my new job in the morning and leave after lunch to make the flight. Thanks again to all for the prayers and advice.

Good news. I'm praying for you and your dad.

That was going to be my advice.... go in tomorrow, tell them what's happened, and get on a plane. The fact that you would go in tells them you are reliable no matter what, but also shows that you have priorities. You have already done that.... when chit hits the fan, an even keel is what you want... both on the job and with family. Show both the right respect and importance.

As far as yer dad goes... all the best wishes, hopes and prayers headed your way. You are spread very thin right now, but you have done a great job balancing the two. Not to minmize it, but even 5 way surgery is almost routine now.... that doesn't mean I'm saying not to worry, but these things often work out well these days, so I'm saying remain optomistic. Try and be strong, as that is what your family needs most right now. Best of God's graces, swamp....

That was going to be my advice.... go in tomorrow, tell them what's happened, and get on a plane. The fact that you would go in tells them you are reliable no matter what, but also shows that you have priorities. You have already done that.... when chit hits the fan, an even keel is what you want... both on the job and with family. Show both the right respect and importance.

As far as yer dad goes... all the best wishes, hopes and prayers headed your way. You are spread very thin right now, but you have done a great job balancing the two. Not to minmize it, but even 5 way surgery is almost routine now.... that doesn't mean I'm saying not to worry, but these things often work out well these days, so I'm saying remain optomistic. Try and be strong, as that is what your family needs most right now. Best of God's graces, swamp....

Well said Rovers

Good decision ... travel safe.

Note ... your dad probably can't do much for at least a few days (i.e., bored to tears) ... so, you may want to go get a couple of books in a genre he likes, or go rent/buy some movies that he may like.

Just wanted to give you all an update, I got home late last night and dad was doing well when I left. He got to go home today and he's going to be staying with my relatives until he's up and around. He came through the surgery like a champ and took the whole thing head on. I couldn't have prouder of how he faced the whole situation.

Thanks again to you all, this place is truly one big crazy family.

Just wanted to give you all an update, I got home late last night and dad was doing well when I left. He got to go home today and he's going to be staying with my relatives until he's up and around. He came through the surgery like a champ and took the whole thing head on. I couldn't have prouder of how he faced the whole situation.

:D

Great news. I am very glad he is doing well.

I believe it was RR in a previous prayers request thread that stated this and it is oh so true, "This chit works"!

:D awesome news..Prayers still coming for a continued succesful recovery

I'm pretty sure he's flying, Jax.

I was talking about driving to and from the new job, not all the way out to see his dad. The commute can be very intense knowing a loved one is in bad shape.

:D Glad to hear the good news. The Huddle comes through once again.