[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just need a release valve....... Sorry

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

My wife has had some incidents with skin cancer and we are constantly on the lookout now (probably always will be) so I can appreciate what you're going through to some extent. I'll for sure remember your daughter (and you and your family) in my prayers. Soudns like you're handlign things the right way... staying strong for your family but then finding others here to share your concerns with so its not all bottled up.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JoJo, I've gone through this several times with Ms Cid. I've learned that what you don't know is far worse than what you do. I'm glad to hear that you're doing your best to remain calm under fire and it sounds like her doc was on the ball. The most important thing to remember is that until you get bad news, there is no bad news. Everything at this point is preventative. I'll keep a bunch of good thoughts for ya. Best of luck.

Glad the doctor was on the ball and caught it.

I can't add anymore than has already been said. What a great community of support we have in The Huddle.

Positive thoughts to your daughter, you and your family JoJo.

What he said. Think positive.

panic doesn't get the job done. :D

Could be primary (stage 0), remove it and that will be that. Sounds like her doctor was on the ball and caught it way early! It's difficult.....be informed....but stay positive!

The thing about Bunzy....is she says stuff...better than you can yourself....for the most part.

Positive vibes sent your way, man. I can't help but think that if the doc caught it before you knew anything was wrong, it's a GOOD thing.

I am praying for her, I sending extreme good vibes your way!

I'd like to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers...

And Friday was a long day. They had to go back in 4 times before they were convinced that they got it all.

What they do is they cut around the area, take that sample into the lab and examine it (it usually takes about an hour each time). If they find cancer cells they make a bigger cut, and this continues until they get it all or come to the conclusion that they can't.

The last cut came back from their lab as good but to be sure the sample is being sent out to another lab for verification. We will know the results Monday. If they confirm the sample is cancer free then it's just followup, if not, well she goes back in Tuesday to have them continue.

Again, thanks for everything folks, I felt good to get it off my chest, and I appreciate the messages and PMs.

JoJo -

I just saw this thread for the first time... I haven't been around much the past two days. It sounds like we're somewhat similar... my wife always says that nothing seems to bother me and I don't show enough emotion. Anyway, your family is in my prayers. I hope that everything continues to go well. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I currently drive through Richmond (I could be wrong, but I think that's where you said you live) every day for my commute... I would be more than happy to get together for a drink, cup of coffee, or whatever if you ever feel like getting out and chatting with a fellow Huddler person-to-person rather than here. Hang in there. :D

Just a followup. We got the second test results back today they confirmed the original results, the got it all..... She just has to get checked every couple of months for the next year to make sure it doesn't pop back up.

Again, thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers......

Just a followup. We got the second test results back today they confirmed the original results, the got it all..... She just has to get checked every couple of months for the next year to make sure it doesn't pop back up.

Fabulous news! :D

I say some Omaha Steaks to her primary doc....that was a good early catch! :D

Man, great news JoJo. I cannot imagine the relief you are feeling at the moment.

:D