[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The use of tactical nukes...

I Like Soup

I was just wondering what y'all thought...

Lets say we have intel tthat here is a rather big cave complex in the mountains of Afghanistan with large numbers of Taliban/Al Qaeda. So we set up an airstrike with one aircraft and a tactical nuke on board...how would anyone know we used one? Is that a viable option?

I was just wondering what y'all thought...

Lets say we have intel tthat here is a rather big cave complex in the mountains of Afghanistan with large numbers of Taliban/Al Qaeda. So we set up an airstrike with one aircraft and a tactical nuke on board...how would anyone know we used one? Is that a viable option?

You'd use a nuke on a bunch of ragass terrorists in a cave? :D

As others have said, the radiation pulse, heat, flash and blast would all be detected pretty much instantly and the residual radiation later.

nukes wouldn't be necessary.

True. We have some really powerful "stuff" at our disposal. Tactical nuke wouldn't be necessary.

There are also several treaties we would be in violation of and whatever country permitted the take off/overflight of delivery vehicle would be ostracized

Edited by jackshi17

If we know they are in a cave complex in the middle of the mountains, why do we need to nuke them. Just hit them with enough conventional ordinance to close of the means of egress, and let them die of dehydration, starvation or suffocation.

I find it ironic that our "leaders" warn about how crazy people want to kill us with WMDs, yet in the history of the world we are the only country to ever kill people with nuclear weapons in battle.

How could we possibly consider doing it again short of an apocalyptic scenario? How can we accuse others of wanting to use WMDs when we openly discuss the possibility of using them ourselves ...

So no, I am not even a fan of our leaders saying that nuclear options are "on the table" ...