[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daughter is in er

polksalet

I stayed home with her today and she slept 17 hours until I got her up to watch alien apocalypse http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...eoID=1661739065 with me at @:30. She screamed until about 5:30 when some super bad squirts kicked in which I assume is from the antibiotics. I didn't know what to do so mom came home early at 7ish and took her to the er. The nurse examined her and said she had a mild fever and super bad lung congestion.

As always, I covet your prayers.

Nurse says bad lung probs and doc says no lung probs only the infection has moved into he other ear as well now. They want her to stay on the same meds but if they are causing violent diarrhea why wouldn't they change to something else? I will call baby doc first thing in morning.

Nurse says bad lung probs and doc says no lung probs only the infection has moved into he other ear as well now. They want her to stay on the same meds but if they are causing violent diarrhea why wouldn't they change to something else?

My guess is that once they start on a particular type of antibiotic that they will want to stay on it so as to prevent problems with the bacteria becoming resistant to the particular type of antibiotic being administered.

I will call baby doc first thing in morning.

First of all, my prayers are with you.

Secondly, keep asking those questions. After all you've been through, I likely don't have to give you this encouragement, but I've worked in hospitals for 20 years now and it's what I tell my friends and family as they enter the healthcare arena... If you're not clear on what and why, just ask -- and if you're not certain what they just said or if it seems to conflict with something yoiu previously, point that out and ask for a re-explanation so they can help sort it out. Polite Persistence is a great approach that'll ease your peace of mind a bit (knowing you know as much as you can) and even benefit your baby (maybe making rethink through if all does indeed make sense).

Again, praying for all the best for your family.

Unfortunately, rotten diarrhea is a common side effect of strong antibiotics. :D Make sure she's staying hydrated and try to keep her bottom dry.

very true, Elise has problems with Amoxicllen (sp) and she has to take omincef or something like that.