[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your guiltiest musical pleasure

SheikYerbuti

Mine's "Glamour Boys" by Living Colour :wacko:

"I'm fierce!"

:D

I had that on a mix in college.

I've heard there are some bootlegs out there of Vernon Reid jamming with Medeski, Martin and Wood. If anyone has those, I would like to know where I could legally purchase and not copy them from you. :D:D

Edited by AtomicCEO

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All-time rank:

1. Oates

2. Christopher Cross

3. Hall

And don't you dispute it. I'm like the BCS.

Oates before Hall? Surely you jest...

One of the funniest things I remember reading in Mad Magazine as a kid was "Albums we'd like to see" Garfunkel and Oates "Partners without partners" :D

What's wrong with that? John is da bomb.

If it was John's version I had on my iPod, I too would be the bomb. . .but it's not. :D

Mine's "Glamour Boys" by Living Colour :wacko:

Vernon Reid's a HELL of a guitarist. I've always liked their version of the Talking Heads' "Memories Can't Wait".

I've got the Moulin Rouge version of "Lady Marmalade" on my iTunes. :D

There's a song on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack called "Hindi Sad Diamonds". Kinda a techno raga thing. It's on my workout playlist, and it rocks.

The first thing I ever won on the radio was the Christopher Cross album. I've loved it more than anything else in life since.

My wedding song was "Swept Away" by Christopher Cross. First heard in on "Growing Pains" when Mike falls for the chick with the kid in Hawaii. Great song, even greater show!

I'd have to say most 'dudes' probably would chuckle that I have 'Sara Smile' (Hall & Oates) on my Ipod. But I love that song!!!

Speaking of Bee Gees, I love 'How Can You Mend a Broken Heart' - another great softie!

No - that's one of their 3 Contributions to Western Society, along with Rich Girl and She's Gone.

Chris Isaak

I met him way back when I used to do backstage catering in high school and college. Honestly one of the nicest and down to earth artists I have ever met.

Plus at the time he was dating Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles, and she was there. So I got to stare at her great ass all day.

And he's dreamy.

I listen to just about anything & am embarrassed by none of it. Sting is one of my favorite artists, I used to jam to Hall & Oats/Men at Work Greatest Hits(wish I still had the MaW one) :D . I've been known to snag my Wife's Madonna CD's from time-to-time. I have Nelly Furtato Michael Buble', Seal and Dido in my regular rotation at work. I also listen to a lot of New Age stuff...Andreas Vollenweider, George Winston & such. It all just depends on my mood.

Edited by rajncajn

Chris Isaak

I met him way back when I used to do backstage catering in high school and college. Honestly one of the nicest and down to earth artists I have ever met.

Plus at the time he was dating Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles, and she was there. So I got to stare at her great ass all day.

And he's dreamy.

OK, I've got some Isaak as well. Add that to my list...

Christian is one I just never could get into. It all seems just so hokey to me, even all the so-called modern stuff.

U2 is the only halfway decent Christian music out there.

I've developed a liking for the Smooth Jazz and New Age music featured on the Weather Channel and Weatherscan. I actually purchased the Weather Channel CD not long ago. Man, I'm getting old fast. :D

:D I swear, before I opened this thread, I read the title and the first thing that popped into my head was the Bee Gees!

On my iPod right now:

When I Need You - Leo Sayer

The Story - Brandi Carlile

Come Away With Me - Norah Jones

Lips of an Angel - Hinder

:D