[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Call For T&P

jaxfactor

Just got a call from one of my sisters(I have 3) that one of my sisters in Chicago is in the hospital with pneumonia. She's an alcoholic and has had a couple close calls with her pancreas shutting down, etc. My family thought she was on the road to recovery but I knew better. I could tell when having conversations with her that she was still drinking. Now she has pneumonia and her belly is filling with fluid, pressing on her lungs. They have her sedated and a mask forcing oxygen into her. They are giving her antibiotics to fight off the pneumonia but they're not yet sure if it is a bacterial form of pneumonia or not. Her liver is about shot. Sound familiar? My other sister that lives in Batavia has been at Northwestern Hospital and talking with the doctors. She asked if someone needs to stay there with her and the doctors said no. That's a good sign. I know she brought the liver problems on herself, but if I could just ask y'all to keep her in your thoughts and prayers, I'd appreciate it. What's with me and alcoholics anyway? :D

We all have our problems. I mean I never understood the alcohlic problem but it is for sure a real thing that effects, (affects), tons of people of every walk of life. Good, bad and everywhere inbetween. I try not to be very judgemental toward them as I don't walk in thier shoes any more then they walk in mine.

Anyway, yes indeed my thoughts and prayers are headed your sisters way.

Prayers and good vibes for you and your sister. Alcoholics won't change until they hit Their bottom, maybe this will be hers. When she recovers from this hopefully she'll see the light and change her life.

Thanks all. I thought all the bad chit was behind me in 2007. Looks like 2008 didn't start out too well afterall. Just got an update and it's not good. Her oxygen level is back to 100%, but her heart is not pumping the way it should. They're thinking the fluid buildup in her abdomen is pressing against her heart. Also believe the fluid buildup is caused by her liver being unable to process it. Yet when asked if family should start coming to see her, the Drs. replied, "no". :D I'm still going to at least tell the PO to keep me on standby for emergency leave. I hope and pray that I don't have to use it. Besides, it's too damn cold in Chi-Town this time of year for this Florida boy. I'm praying that she gets one more chance and that this will finally wake her up to go get professional help. She's still in ICU at this point and I really wish I could talk to her. She calls me every other Sunday during football season and I knew something was up when she didn't. I tried calling her but always seem to get her voice mail. Keep the T&P coming heavy at this point all. I need to keep the positive vibes going myself but it's really difficult.

The other alcoholic in my life(the ex SO) finally committed herself to a local rehab facility. She's already been through detox and is now about a week into a 30 day rehab program. Here's hoping she finally wakes up also.

Well, I guess I didn't realize the seriousness of the situation. I got a call less than an hour ago from my brother in law. He explained that my sister is being kept alive but that even if they got her heart started again she'd be a vegetable. As he cried(Never heard him cry) he held the phone to my sister's ear and let me say my goodbyes. Man, this is tough. My oldest sister will be giving the order shorty not to resesitate. At least I know my mom and dad are there waiting for her. Just wanted to let y'all know because I won't be around for about a week with no PC access. I will be leaving for Chicago probably some time tomorrow. Man, this is hard. She's only 49 years old. Was so hard to accept and say my goodbyes but I asked her to give mom and dad a big hug for me and that I'll see her again. I'll read any well wishes when I get back and don't fret it if you didn't see my post as the first I heard of this was last night. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers and ask for good vibes for mine and my other sister's safe trip to Chicago. I have one sis that lives here in Jax. I can't help myself as I'm crying like a baby. Was very close to her and other sis here in Jax as we were the youngest 3 of 7. Peace and I'll talk to y'all next week.

Jax