[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

At what point in your Huddle lifetime

whomper

Ellen123s spam thread got me thinking. I posted in the main football forum for probably a few years until I even looked at the tailgate. When I originally came here it was strictly for football content. Probably 18 months-2 years after coming here I was just bouncing around and checked out the tailgate and havent had a productive days work since. When did you find this place ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellen123s spam thread got me thinking. I posted in the main football forum for probably a few years until I even looked at the tailgate. When I originally came here it was strictly for football content. Probably 18 months-2 years after coming here I was just bouncing around and checked out the tailgate and havent had a productive days work since. When did you find this place ?

And you want to be my latex salesman.

Pretty much the same story for me. I had like 400 posts total in the first 3 years or so and I'd be willing to bet 399 of them were in the main forum. I then ventured off into the other sports forum to argue with Captain Hook for 4 hours about the brawl at the Palace. Then I showed up everywhere :wacko:

When I first got here, there was more non-sports banter in the Pro Football forum. I remember someone had a link in their sig trying to drive more traffic to the Tailgate, and with an increase in volume of posts... all of the conversational topics started moving here.

I've always been chatty.

A few months in my first year.

The boards weren't working properly on a Sunday morning during Football season with the Pro Football and Advice forums being down, but The Tailgate was working.That is where I found a lot of doozies and someone asking a football question there because the advice forum was down was getting schallacked.

Edited by Big John

About a year in for me. I agree, its more addicting than the others, although I haunt the College board quite a bit too. I notice I'm the only non 'All Pro' commenting so far. Some day, I hope to be as kewl as you guys.....

Edited by Coffeeman

Well, when I started there wasn't a Tailgate. There was DMD talking to 12 of his aliases to make the board look busy, and then a handful of posters. But, once they set up the many different forums, I perused just about all of them. Used to post a lot in the main forum when I was in college and could actually be first to contribute a newsworthy item or get involved in a thread before it had been hashed to no end, so now spend most of my time in the TG, my league forums and in the advice forum between the NFL draft and the start of the season primarily.

About a year in for me. I agree, its more addicting than the others, although I haunt the College board quite a bit too. I notice I'm the only non 'All Pro' commenting so far. Some day, I hope to be as kewl as you guys.....

I think it is more addicting because it is the forum where everyone's individual identities come out more. Football is the common theme that got us all here and is the focus of the other forums, but here is where people talk about the other stuff and can relate with others with similar interests, etc.

And, a few years ago when the political debates and other debates of "controversial" subjects remained a bit more civil and did not always devolve into flame wars, there was a much greater opportunity for people to develop bonds. That and the pr0n pics helped.

I think it is more addicting because it is the forum where everyone's individual identities come out more. Football is the common theme that got us all here and is the focus of the other forums, but here is where people talk about the other stuff and can relate with others with similar interests, etc.

And, a few years ago when the political debates and other debates of "controversial" subjects remained a bit more civil and did not always devolve into flame wars, there was a much greater opportunity for people to develop bonds. That and the pr0n pics helped.

dink

Took me a couple of years... I started in the Advice Forum, then the following year branched out to include the Main Football Forum... only after that did I start snooping around to discover the dark pit of soulless wit that is the Tailgate. :wacko: