[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Official WCOFF/Las Vegas Thread!

rocknrobn26

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Swiss Miss were all ready to go join the party last night...until we found out all the boys were pussin' out and "taking it easy" at the Hilton. So, we stayed back at the crib and decided to get a good night's sleep. Probably better in the long run -- I'm rested and ready to go later.

In fact, I'll soon be heading over to darin's and twiley's room to start the day with a couple of bloodies. :D

People took it easy last night? :wacko:

Goodness, rooming with H8 every year means there is no freakin' downtime. :burp:

At least he slept on the floor while his wife and hawt friend came in to jump in bed with me... :D

hoffbrau 7p tonight

Plans have changed (and bier and I have spoken). We're now heading over to the Social House @ TI for dinner instead of the Hofbrauhaus. Apparently, it's better. :D

P.S. As I visit the Huddle this weekend, it seems strange that there are other active threads out there. I thought the rest of the world stopped functioning while the Huddlers are here in Vegas. :wacko:

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead

We've been running around since we got here doing all the tourist junk. I'm up $300 though on the blackjack. We're gonna try to watch the Boys game in the Hilton sports bar. Trying to hook up is danged tough. We were up til 3 AM and Bier is eating breakfast at 9. I'm still puking, I think. :wacko:

Just checked my voice mails since I left my cell in the room all day and got cursed out by drunk Twiley :D. He sounds cuter on the phone. :heart:

I still keep looking down looking for Soup.

Saw John Salley and Tom Calico (Food Network guy) today.

Ok, here we go.

The fraking monorail shuts down at 3 AM on weekends. I'm getting tired of taxis.

I had a great time at the draft but I don't like my team. This is a good sign.

Brooklyn Rob has a cute accent.

Many more cool and groovy people.

Happy Birthday Big John!

I hate the fact that kickoff is at 10 AM on Sundays. How do you left coasters deal with this crap?

Do not order the caviar. Even if it does come with a fancy mother-of-pearl spoon, just don't do it.

The oysters, tuna tartare, and grilled salmon over minestrone were fantastic though.

Shows are expensive, but worth it. O is part fairy tale, part water, part air and completely amazing.

I love people watching in Vegas. Especially this dude dressed like a pirate getting pissed at his girl for making out with another chick in the Hawaiian Tropic. Hot girl on girl action is always best when free, but watching the guy get dissed was an added bonus.

Sobe and vodka is much better than Red Bull and vodka.

Speaking of which it's about that time. I'm fraking thirsty.

I'll probably have more to report later, but I'm going to copy KC's "random observations" format...

-- H8 and I did a double-shot of 1800 silver at Ra after dinner, and he just wasn't the same afterward.

-- Twiley and darin, on the other hand, had a couple of Sake Bombs there, and they both were going strong late into the night. They were both rip-roarin' drunk, but they were still hangin'. Twiley, when extremely drunk, doesn't really say much...he just giggles in a really creepy way, kinda like a the weird guy on the train in a European horror movie. :D Swiss Miss kept referring to him as "the squirrely guy." :D

-- Big John is as big as I thought, and his encyclopedic Huddle memory is even more amazing in person, when you KNOW he's not looking up answers. :D Gotta love that guy.

-- Kid Cid never showed up to hang out with the "main group" on Saturday. He's got some 'splainin to do, as far as I'm concerned.

-- It would be a mistake to say ATaM has poor taste in women...only because it's more accurate to say he has zero taste in women. I.e., taste doesn't enter into his thought process. When we walked by and saw the two "women" he was talking to at Treasure Island.... :vomit: He's a good guy, though.

-- In our drunken conversation about the military and government, I did nothing to temper ATaM's intense beliefs about massive conspiracies. :smash:

-- I hope BC won plenty of money playing poker Saturday night, because he was in that room for about 12 hours (I think). He didn't hang with us, and he didn't sleep either.

-- Soup is really cool, and so is his "wife" (actually a girl he just started dating, but I accidentally referred to her as his wife about 5 minutes after meeting them :D). Turns out she lives here in Tucson, and she was on our flight. She and Swiss Miss made quick friends and are probably going to hang out sometime.

-- Jax is a really good dude. Friendly, truly genuine people are hard to come by. I hope he comes to Vegas again next year.

-- Wish I could have spent more time with rocknrobn and alchico.

-- Wish bushwacked would have brought his wife. Her "fun" reputation precedes her, and all I heard was how she and my wife would get along. They might be trouble together next year. :wacko:

-- Darin is still awesome. I'll party with that dude anytime. :heart: My kind of guy. :D

-- H8 was well behaved at the draft, and we were very happy with the results. We only drafted three Jaguars! :D

Notables on the Huddle's Heroes team: D. Garrard, B. Westbrook, R. Grant, M. Forte, S. Holmes, R. White, A. Randle El, K. Winslow, T. Heap, R. Rice, R. Mendenhall, P. Thomas, Bears D, M. Crosby. We won this week. :pokey:

Finally crashed at midnight last night. I just had to have an early evening.

I am stoked that I finally got to meet the lot of you guys. Both Ms Cid and I really enjoyed ourselves. All I can say is that this is an exceptionally cool group of people that I'm proud to be a part of.

H8, I hope dinner was good this morning.

I've already told Ms Cid we're coming back here next year.

Good luck everyone!

Like Cid, I had to crash out early(ish) last night. I was sitting at this Pai-Gow Poker table with TimC :heart:, twiley :D, BC :D and Bier :D and just had this odd feeling come over me. Wasn't hammered. Wasn't getting ill. Just didn't feel right. Almost like I had been drinking for 4 days straight or something... :wacko:

Great updates by Cid and Swiss. Don't really have much more to add. Hope you guys enjoy your Huddle hats (thanks to 2V for getting those to me). Maybe next year the big boss men will hook me up with some more schwag.

Quick little rundown of the "weekend"....

Thursday afternoon: met up with twiley, Bier, Billy Balata at the airport. Proceeded to whet the liver's ravenous appetite with some very large beers and shots o' Jack. Took a limo to the Hilton (and Hilton vacation club) and got the party started.

Thursday evening: Blondie's at Planet Hollywood was a great spot to watch the game. Jagr and tequila are not friendly. With each other or my stomach. I think "someone" may have tossed one of their tequila shots on the ground. :D Again....

... OK I'm gonna have to come back later to get more updates... my brain is really not functioning too well. I guess I shouldn't complain, though... I could be twiley. :D

Edited by darin3

Fellas, fellas...!

I plan on writing something longer and more personal later on, however let me at least post this: You are all a terrific group and I was so very happy to have met you and spent time with you (not enough with some, I am afraid).

This was an awesome weekend and I am damn proud to be a part of this community...cannot change the silence of my first nine years but I will be very active in the next nine.

OK... so functioning at work is a big problem right now :wacko:

so I'm going to keep this short. It was nice to get absolutely poopy-faced and meeting everyone. I had a blast and look forward to doing this again. I'm damn proud to be a newbie and i would like to just give one piece of advice to always follow ... "Always have a rubber in the wallet"...

On that note I'm going to place my head on my desk and take a nap.... :D

Thursday - land about 7pm< meet up with bushwacked and eventually meet group at the Ocean's One bar. jax threatens to leave to the airport and fly back because he lost a hundred bucks he had in his pocket-- (he later finds it in his pocket). H8 affectionate. Soup towers over us all.

Friday - Up about 8:30 and have a long breakfast with Bier, Wolf and Brooklyn Rob at the Hilton buffet. Eventually register for WCOFF and hang out with everyone. Have a very nice and long dinner at Aureole with Kid Cid, his wife, Bier and twiley. 7 courses with matching wine. I'm not a wine drinker or seafood plan and 3 courses were seafood, but overall I really enjoyed the meal and the way the wine really did compliment the food, and some times vice versa. The company made it well worth it to me. Early night as I wanted to be fresh for the draft.

Saturday?Sunday - breakfast consists of diet coke and almonds. Draft goes well, we met msaint who is in our league (I believe first time two board regulars teams are in the same league) as is Nick Bakay. Wolf and Brooklyn Rob are our moderators. They hand out a drink ticket to each perrson. About round 12 we turn them in for jack and cokes. I nurse that until we are set on our plan forthe last couple rounds, and one of the hired models joins our group as a moderator (she wanted Brooklyn Rob bad, though she was friendly in giving me plenty of drink coupons). She also goes to the bar and gets the drinks for us.. god bless her. So, now we have had 3 jack and cokes and the drat is over. As Brooklyn Rob is walking out I see the packet of drink coupons remaiing in his hand and very slyly swipe them as he is chatting up the young lady. These are quickly redeemed for beverages that make Darin and I quite happy. It's amazing just how much liquor gets poured if you tip nicely while handing over the drink cooupons, before they have been poured. Thank you Tommy the bartender. That night dinner plans ended up being a bit of a cluster, but had dinner at Kahunaville at TI but as it is a bit if a blur due to the proliferation of free drinks and the follow up drinks at the Hilton bar I will not list names for fear of leaving someone out. I know msaint was there with his friends and they were great fun. Hope he is able to make it out to SoCal in the near future as we briefly discussed.

That night I played cards as others met up. I thought some others were going to join me a little later but no one ever did. As alluded to in previus posts, I played about 12 hours, from 8"30pm to about 8am Sunday. I got back to the room at the Hitlon about 8:45, took a shower, a 5 minute power nap while Bier confirmed plans and then we were off. Quick caffeine hit and I was ready to go. Morning games were fine as I loaded up on caffeine, had a quick bite and I felt it hitting me as the afternoon games were winding down. Plan was to take a powernap and then TimC and I would go play in a tourney. I took the 45-50 minute nap and met everyone for the 2nd half, but both Tim and I were not feeling in the best shape for a tourney, so we opted to pass on it. Just hung out last night, some gambling and wentto bed about midnight or 1.

Monday - Up this morning and feel great. Flight was scheduled for noon but as I meet up with Darin and twiley to leave for the airport I get a call from the airlines saying my flight was cancelled. FU America West. I am on a flight that leaves 2 hours later (2 hours from now), but at least I got the exit row window that has no seat in front of it so I can stretch out a bit on the flight.

Hope to see more of you next year.

OK... so functioning at work is a big problem right now :wacko:

so I'm going to keep this short. It was nice to get absolutely poopy-faced and meeting everyone. I had a blast and look forward to doing this again. I'm damn proud to be a newbie and i would like to just give one piece of advice to always follow ... "Always have a rubber in the wallet"...

On that note I'm going to place my head on my desk and take a nap.... :D

As a follow up to this, I must admit many of us married Huddlers lived vicariously through this man this weekend. That is all. :D

:brew;

what a great time!!!!

started off by being on the same flight as balata. we were drafting for our wcoff team, so it gave a nice opportunity to chat without distraction. we've also been in a league for about 8 years or so, so it was very fun to talk up our past. absolutely great guy. glad we got to spend so much time together.

we get off the plane and meet darin and twiley...... start with big biers and shots.......... down em quickly and we all check in and try to find a place to do more drinkin and watch the thurs game....... blondies worked out very well and most people began to trickle in.... good amount more biers and shots. then we all migrated over to ocean one (i think)... things got a little blurry for me there. very fun night.. i left a little early and got some sleep.

friday: breakfast with bc, wolf, brooklyn rob.... then decide to play a little blackjack...... 8 hours later went from $800 up to settling for $400. very happy about having vegas pay for my foo foo dinner (i'll go into details about the meal in the f&:D. 3 hour dinner with twiley, bc, kid cid and mrs kid- 7 courses paired with 7 glasses of wine..... fantastic food and company!!!! might have played a little cards and another early night.

sat: woo-hoo... 1st wcoff draft! balata and i were on the same page 90% of the time and were loving the players falling to us (unfortunately, now we are seeing why :D ) more cards then a little swimming and then got ready for our bigger group meet. a bit of a clusterphok, but another great time.

sunday: x-mas in vegas!!! bush knew of a spot that had seats for all of us... we all finally got to meet timc and his so. a lot of ooing and ahhing throughout teh day. was pretty cool until the bottled bier started to cost $8-9. migrated to the hilton for the chi/indy game and some dinner and more cards.

amazing time! great seeing everyone.

swiss and swiss miss: very nice to meet you guys. wish my hearing was a little better...... mist was LOUD

wolf and brooklyn rob: good peeps..... for yous guys it's not "make me a sammich." it's "go toss me a pizza"

jax: you will always be my sf. good to meet you

msaint: major congrats on everything you've done and been through. glad we had a chance to talk. :wacko:

timc: just as funny in person. really fun couple! now... rout for a real team get a real car :D

kid and mrs kid: a true pleasure. great spending time with you both. very happy you were able to do the dinner and allow me to get to know you better.

great group of people. never enough time to get around to everyone as much as i'd like, but it is always a joy being around my huddle family

:D

never enough time to spend

Like Cid, I had to crash out early(ish) last night. I was sitting at this Pai-Gow Poker table with TimC :heart:, twiley :rofl:, BC :slap: and Bier :guns: and just had this odd feeling come over me. Wasn't hammered. Wasn't getting ill. Just didn't feel right. Almost like I had been drinking for 4 days straight or something... :wacko:

Great updates by Cid and Swiss. Don't really have much more to add. Hope you guys enjoy your Huddle hats (thanks to 2V for getting those to me). Maybe next year the big boss men will hook me up with some more schwag.

Quick little rundown of the "weekend"....

Thursday afternoon: met up with twiley, Bier, Billy Balata at the airport. Proceeded to whet the liver's ravenous appetite with some very large beers and shots o' Jack. Took a limo to the Hilton (and Hilton vacation club) and got the party started.

Thursday evening: Blondie's at Planet Hollywood was a great spot to watch the game. Jagr and tequila are not friendly. With each other or my stomach. I think "someone" may have tossed one of their tequila shots on the ground. :D Again....

... OK I'm gonna have to come back later to get more updates... my brain is really not functioning too well. I guess I shouldn't complain, though... I could be twiley. :D

Alright now that I'm home and a bit more cleared in the head :smash: I can type a bit more about the goings-on at WCOFF08.

Had a blast at the sports bar with the fellas, and then headed over to the bar of an Italian joint (I think) for some more cocktails. Continued the drinking pretty much all night long as Huddlers tapered off to hit the hay, gamble, etc. It ended up being a rather expensive night. :D

Woke up Friday feeling like this: :rofl: and fortunately not :rofl: .... moseyed over to the Hilton and had a quick lunch, bet on the Ball St. game (which I hit on... glad I did, since I parlayed my winnings there into my Sunday 5-game parlay - more on that later), and played cards most of the day. Love 3-card poker and the other dealer/table/vs. the house poker games.... although they weren't very profitable. :rofl:

Friday night was pretty tame :D just hanging out at the Hilton, playing cards and hangin' out.

Saturday morning couldn't come fast enough. Started with the cocktails nice and early, as I wanted the draft to be as fun as possible :rofl: ... got to the draft right on time, and had plenty of time to chat up msaint (glad to finally meet him!) and Nick Bakay. The draft went REAL well. Feeling awesome about "my most important team". As BC detailed, we got inundated with free cocktails right after the draft, and that was awesome. Watched some college football and played more cards for a bit.

Shat, showered and shaved and put on the pimp gear for the Saturday night dinner and ensuing partying. Decided to stay on-strip and go to a place recommended by H8 and confirmed good by BC :pokey: .... well, that turned out to be a bit of a CF, as the place turned us down (too large of a group) and our group ended up getting a bit segmented. Twiley went on a little adventure, some of us had sushi, and others stayed at Treasure Island. Fortunately, we were able to get together as a group and hang out at Mist, a loungey area at TI (same place one of the first WCOFF Huddler events was held at a few years ago). Ended up getting free passes to TI's major "club", but after a quick scan of the place, quickly returned to Mist to hang out with The Twiley, the Swisses and my boy ATaM. Ended up getting friendly :rofl: with a bachelorette party, and twiley and I closed Mist down .... 4am. :D

Finally got to bed (er, couch :D) at about 5am, which meant all of 4 or 5 hours sleep that night, as we were up well before kickoff for the games. As others have stated, we again hung out at the "secret" NFL watching area at the Flamingo. Fortunately we had plenty of room for all the Huddlers, and alchico was kind enough to be our pizza provider! Had put in a 5-game parlay... the Steelers kicked azz, the Bills kicked azz, the Eagles kicked azz, the Lions and Falcons scored enough for the over, and the last game... was the Saints/Bucs. I needed the Saints to cover the three for my big, big win.... $400 bucks! Came down to literally the last play, with the Bucs unable to put the ball in the endzone and the Saints win by 4. :rofl:

Sunday night was very mellow, watched most of the Bears/Colts game and had a hugh dinner. Ended up calling it a pretty early night, as my old-azz body said enough was enough.

Another incredible time at WCOFF. Only 360 days till WCOFF09... so start saving your pennies now!!!

:rofl:

Was glad to see old Huddler friends once again and new ones as well... the event will only grow larger as the years go by...

Edited by darin3

Agree w/ all the posts here. Will write more later cause....I'm still here! :D And will be til Wed.. :D So is Al, but til Tues.. Meeting up for some dinner in a few. Met up w/ Doc and his lovely/bubbly wife. What a sweetie! Doc's wife that is. Doc, you are a lucky man!

Got in at 430am last nite and got up around 930am so my butt is draggin'. Met w/ Al ~ 1:30pm played some Video poker. ~3pm Al went back to the room, and I said I'd prolly do the same. Degenerate gambler that I am, I never got my nappy time and am just killin' time now til I meet up w/ Al. Maybe I'll call it an early nite and get in before 3am! :D It must be that Oxygen that they pump into the casinos. :wacko:

All the Huddlers I met were a kick! Great guys one and all. Never met Soup, so can't comment on his vertical dimension, but I heard he is shorter than BC. BC is about 7 feet tall. I swear there was snow on his head! Whilst we were talking his belly button was at my eye level. Gross...enuff said.

Agree w/ all the posts here. Will write more later cause....I'm still here! :D And will be til Wed.. :D So is Al, but til Tues.. Meeting up for some dinner in a few. Met up w/ Doc and his lovely/bubbly wife. What a sweetie! Doc's wife that is. Doc, you are a lucky man!

Got in at 430am last nite and got up around 930am so my butt is draggin'. Met w/ Al ~ 1:30pm played some Video poker. ~3pm Al went back to the room, and I said I'd prolly do the same. Degenerate gambler that I am, I never got my nappy time and am just killin' time now til I meet up w/ Al. Maybe I'll call it an early nite and get in before 3am! :D It must be that Oxygen that they pump into the casinos. :wacko:

All the Huddlers I met were a kick! Great guys one and all. Never met Soup, so can't comment on his vertical dimension, but I heard he is shorter than BC. BC is about 7 feet tall. I swear there was snow on his head! Whilst we were talking his belly button was at my eye level. Gross...enuff said.

I'm pretty sure I met you last year or the year before...:D