[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I was ever going to do it

seminoles

I'm with DMD. . .many permanant scars all over and a back that throws out every 6 months like clockwork, but I've never (to my knowledge) broken a bone.

Broke the little toe on my right foot while trying to make a mad dash from the bed to the bathroom in a complete drunken stupor one night. Who knew hotel room furniture would be laid out differently than my furniture at home? :wacko:

Didn't feel it until about halfway through the next day, about when the booze wore off.

Sorry about the broken collarbone, seminoles. :wacko:

I broke a finger playing football. While trying to catch a pass, the ball, my hand and the defensive back all tried to occupy the same space at the same time. It didn't work out so well for one of my fingers.

Took me until last year at 48 to break my first. Car accident. Doc said my calcaneus bone in my foot was turned to dust. I now have a piece of artificial bone the size of a pingpong ball in there, along with a plated and 10 screws. :wacko:

I broke my hip in a car accident the summer between my seventh and eighth grade years. There is no comfortable position with a broken hip. I also discovered the wonders of Tylenol-3 (codeine).

I feel for you, seminoles. I was mediocre athlete in school, but I always seemed to excel in the gheyest sports in gym class. I was an f'n all-star at gymnastics, badmitten, and soccer (it wasn't cool when I was in school).

No broken bones here. Split my head open when I broke a piece of concrete in two over it, nearly got my face bit off by a boxer when I was a tot, stopped a bad fall on asphalt with my face (took the skin off my nose, chunk out of the bridge, knocked out one tooth and killed the nerve in the other, and split open the inside of my bottom lip), had several shoulder separations resulting in surgery, but no broken bones. Not even a concussion.

I've broke 7 of my fingers, mostly playing sports. And beside that, my best stories are head injuries :wacko: causing mostly stitches. I've flipped over the handle bars of my bike, twice, got hit with two aluminum softball bats, and was in two car accidents. All that damage was done to my forehead. :D They've healed fairly well, but if you look closely, my head looks like a road map. :D

I must not have drank enough milk as a kid.

Starting in 4th grade:

nose - flipped over the handlebars on a bike I rode into a rock

wrist - jumping off my bike to grab onto an overhead tree branch... missed and landed hard.

ulna - playing tackle football, my endzone was a concrete wall. Who saw that coming?

wrist - again, riding a bike, doing something stupid

thumb - skiing

other thumb - two weeks after the first thumb, also skiing

I think I'm missing a few, but it definitely shows a trend. I was in casts from 4th to 10th grade for some stupid reason or another. The hospital pulled me aside and questioned me seriously to ask if my parents were abusing me. Nope, I'm just a dumbass.

Oh, I also stuck a pen-knife in and out through my hand.

Don't worry, collarbones heal. I've shattered mine twice. They'll give you a sling to keep it immobile for a while. First time they operated to put pins in my shoulder and had to wear the sling for 12 weeks. It's fine now, just gets a little stiff when it rains. :wacko:

I broke my collar bone in the fourth grade. It didn't really hurt, but I couldn't move my right arm. I broke my right arm two months ago. Now that hurt!! I snapped both the radius and ulna after falling out of the shower. Nothing like walking into the ER and telling the nurse I broke my arm and have her say a doctor will have to determine that....I showed her my dangling appendage and she shrieked like a little girl... The doctor called it a janitor break. Meaning that even a friggin janitor could make that call....DUH...

I had surgery the next day and I now have 12 screws and two plates with me for the rest of my life...

So I eventually went to the doctor today to get an X-ray and afterwards my doc was looking at the picture and showed me where I completely broke and detatched my collarbone. I responded with "I kicked that collarbone's ass!" and high fived him, with the good arm of course.

I must not have drank enough milk as a kid.

Starting in 4th grade:

nose - flipped over the handlebars on a bike I rode into a rock

wrist - jumping off my bike to grab onto an overhead tree branch... missed and landed hard.

ulna - playing tackle football, my endzone was a concrete wall. Who saw that coming?

wrist - again, riding a bike, doing something stupid

thumb - skiing

other thumb - two weeks after the first thumb, also skiing

I think I'm missing a few, but it definitely shows a trend. I was in casts from 4th to 10th grade for some stupid reason or another. The hospital pulled me aside and questioned me seriously to ask if my parents were abusing me. Nope, I'm just a dumbass.

Oh, I also stuck a pen-knife in and out through my hand.

:wacko: @ the mental image.

So how did you break your first bone? If that isn't a good story then what is the most dramatic way you've broken a bone? I'm hoping it isn't broken since I wanted to keep my streak going!

Broke my right wrist, cracked my left wrist in the fifth grade playing football... Back-peddling on a slight hill during recess... The faculty didn't believe me when I said that I told them that I broke my wrist... One of them went as far to turn my wrist. Not too much fun.

feel better seminoles

broke my arm in two places placing flag football at the age of 31 ...landed real hard on it ...people heard it snap

the pain was ridiculous .. so intense

to this day it never healed perfectly and you feel lump in my left arm

I broke my collarbone and finger playing football. I broke my arm in a motorcross race. I broke my leg by falling off a huge water pipe that was about 80 feet off the ground. :wacko: I played the entire second half with the broken collarbone and didn't realize I had broken it until I went home and tried to roll up a sleeping bag and experienced probably the most excruciating pain I have ever felt.