[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Text / Calling on the cell

whomper

I am the first to admit I am certainly not a gadget guy. I just recently hooked up my GPS that I bought a year ago and I still do map quest even with the GPS in the car. I have a cell but I dont have text messeging. Its just something I didnt sign up for. I noticed many of my friends never answer their cells anymore. I have lunch with my one friend that I call alot and he gets texts every 5 minutes. He gets them from my other friend that I call who never answers either.

:space:

So they are both in my fantasy league and we all got together for our live draft. They were sitting at the same table so I went over and said. Did I accidently sleep with your sisters or is there another reason you guys never answer when I call your cells ? So they tell me its because I dont text. I am being shunned by the texting community. So whats the deal. For those who predominantly text, do you shun the caller ?

Edited by whomper

:wacko:

Oh and texting has it's place, but I don't understand the back and forth texting for 15 minutes. Dial the f'n phone at that point.

a very very small place, imo....otherwise +1

I have a friend like this. And he will not answer his phone at all unless you text.

I refuse. I can tell you what I want a hell of a lot faster then I can type it out. Pisses me off.

+100000000000000000000000

signed

another dinosaur

So whats the deal.

The "deal" is you're not as dorked out if not outright f***ed in the head as they are. God forbid someone should bother to answer a call on their phone ie actually talk to someone. Not dehumanizaing enough. Or is it that it's not "cool"

Yeah, and what's up with kids today and their loud music? Whatever happened to melody? And the hair on these kids! How can they get a job like that?

You people are all seriously old. Text messages are a form of communication. If you remove yourself from the medium, you will communicate less. Don't get mad at the people who move with the times because you are a curmudgeon.

Texting is all I do now, even with my old man. It spares you from getting sucked into long-winded conversations and it's less of a nuisance for people around you.

Not really. One thing that REALLY pisses me off is all these idiots texting while in a movie theater. They think they are being courteous by not talking on it, but I find it extremely distracting & if they are sitting near you it's like somebody shining a flashlight in your eyes every time they open the phone. I also get sick of people in the gorcery store who stop in the middle of the aisles to text, not to mention driving down the road thinking the idiot in front of you is drunk only to find out they're texting while driving.

I never used to text, but I usually weigh the cost. I don't have any kind of package for texts so I get charged .10 for each. Now if it's during the day when my long distance is .40 per min. , I might lean to the text. Unless, of course my provider is charging .40 a minute and then the .10 per text on top of it. :wacko: Man, I hate technology sometimes. Probably the only time I text though is during a slow draft when I'm at work with no PC access.

I do not think I ever sent a text. I had my son send one for me but thats been it.

The biggest irratation I have is when someone comes over to visit you and they are sending text messages or start talking on their cell phone. I had thought about a no cell phone policy but instead I just stoppped inviting those offenders over.

Oh and texting has it's place, but I don't understand the back and forth texting for 15 minutes. Dial the f'n phone at that point.

Werd. I get text messages from time to time but don't have one of those fancy phones with a keyboard. So it takes me like 5 minutes to type. "Cool, I'll see you then" or something like that.

Gotta say, mostly with Whomp on this one.

I HATE talking on the phone. If I can get my thought through in one sentance that takes me a minute to text (and I type slowly) it saves me the inevitable small talk that leads to the one sentance that I'm trying to convey.