[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ike looking nasty

CaP'N GRuNGe

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaumont, you get a mandatory evac warning at all? Sounds like the storm surge is gonna be HUGH. I hope you are on high ground... wind damage sucks, but it's all about the water....

Jefferson county is under mandatory evacuation, my brother took my dad out of there yesterday...and the highest ground in Beaumont is probably the pitcher's mounds in a few of the athletic fields around town...mostly swamp, bogs and rice fields.

The problem with this storm is the height of the waves...they are predicting they will breach the 10-14 ft. sea walls in both Galveston and Port Arthur...massive flooding if that happens.

Earlier this evening CNN was saying that in some areas they are saying "get out or die."

That's pretty serious stuff and I hope everyone is taking it seriously. They mentioned Houston could get 90 mile an hour winds which could be very hard on high rise building windows.

Put it this way, we are having roads flooding at home on the Mississippi coast. My wife said the road leading into our subdivision has been closed due to flooding. Any of our Huddlers in Houston or within close range of the coastline there please get out now. It may be "only" a cat 3 storm, but it's bringing a huge storm surge with it. :wacko:

Wrong time to be stuck in sunny California. :wacko:

Austin is nowhere near the coast, but the wife is battening down the hatches, and is expecting houseguests from Louisiana and/or Galveston any time now.

They're predicting power loss and plenty of rain. I think we're in a good spot in terms of flooding (as in we won't flood), and the roof is 2-3 years old.

I fly back (supposedly) on Sunday, but I'm anticipating many delays (into both Dallas and Austin). I wish I could get an earlier flight (like tonight), but that's just not happening. :D

Wrong time to be stuck in sunny California. :wacko:

Austin is nowhere near the coast, but the wife is battening down the hatches, and is expecting houseguests from Louisiana and/or Galveston any time now.

They're predicting power loss and plenty of rain. I think we're in a good spot in terms of flooding (as in we won't flood), and the roof is 2-3 years old.

I fly back (supposedly) on Sunday, but I'm anticipating many delays (into both Dallas and Austin). I wish I could get an earlier flight (like tonight), but that's just not happening. :D

That's too bad Darin, it seems like they would be a bit more accommodating given the circumstances. Glad to hear you're in a good spot. I know Sarge is up near Dallas, right? And Zia is up further north. Do we actually have any Huddlers near the coast there?

That's too bad Darin, it seems like they would be a bit more accommodating given the circumstances. Glad to hear you're in a good spot. I know Sarge is up near Dallas, right? And Zia is up further north. Do we actually have any Huddlers near the coast there?

Well it wasn't a matter of the airline accommodating me. I'm here for one of my best friend's wedding (tomorrow afternoon), and I could probably try flying home afterwards, but I suspect the delays have already started. I'm pretty confident the wife and family/friends will be just fine.

Sarge is in Dallas and they'll see quite a bit of rain. Zia is actually north of Houston and will get zonked pretty hard. driveby and jetsfan are both in Houston proper if I recall correctly. Not sure how close to the coast they each are, but regardless, they're gonna get hit. They may have evacuated already in fact.

Sarge is in Dallas and they'll see quite a bit of rain. Zia is actually north of Houston and will get zonked pretty hard. driveby and jetsfan are both in Houston proper if I recall correctly. Not sure how close to the coast they each are, but regardless, they're gonna get hit. They may have evacuated already in fact.

That is correct.

Get out of there if you hadn't done so already.

Wow, just searched it and that thing looks immense. get out if youre told, stay off the roads if youre not. Dont want to add to the traffic for those that need to get away. If you know any elderly in your neighborhood, check up on them regularly. You may be saving someones life. Good luck Texans, I have plenty of friends and co-workers in the area and will be thinking bout you guys.

my dad recently put down a contract on a house in a new development in bacliff :wacko: . I guess we should just be thankful the house isn't built yet and he's 300 miles inland in dallas. his wife's son and his wife and 2 kids live in the houston area though....guess they aren't supposed to evacuate because she's "medical personnel". hope they're ok. this thing looks like it could really be a mess.

Edited by Azazello1313