[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Childhood sitcoms you used to watch

Scooby

Friday night 12 steps to overcome denial  

40 members have voted

1. 1. pick your poison

• The Cosby Show
    • A Diff'rent World
    • The Jefferson's
    • Wonder Years--(comedy-drama)
    • Silver Spoons
    • Family Ties
    • Growing Pains
    • Mr. Belvedere
    • Other-please provide

Brady Bunch :wacko:

Watched the Monkees and bought their albums until my brothers told me I wasn't cool and introduced me to real rock and roll.

Tell ya what.... they were supposed to be a Beatles joke. But, in their time, and that genre, they weren't bad, and I still enjoy much of their music as much as I do old Beatles songs. I still like hearing thier stuff, along with the Dave Clark Five and even the Paul Revere and the Raiders... remember them? They even had their own TV show on Saturdays.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple more:

I Dream of Jeannie

Bewitched

Yup - watched these in the summer as a kid.

the one's I remember from my younger years (mid-70's)

Happy Days

Laverne & Shirley

Gilligan's Island

Hogan's Heroes

and some adult sitcoms I loved watching with my parents;

M*A*S*H

Don't care for most of these now - M*A*S*H is the exception - still love it and watch it on TVLand all the time.

A couple more:

I Dream of Jeannie

Bewitched

So far these are the only ones close to my childhood. :wacko:

How about:

Leave it to Beaver

Here Come the Nelsons

Burns and Allen Show

The Ernie Kovacs Show (Not really a sitcom, but so far ahead of it's time.)

The ORIGINAL Honeymooners

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Amos 'n' Andy :D

Father Knows Best

The People's Choice

Hennessy

Who's the boss?

Best show ever! Alyssa Milano was what I lived for as a kid! I was a bg fan of Charles in Charge because of Nicole Eggert.

Has anyone mentioned Doogie Howser, MD?

As a 7th grade teacher, I will show my students the Growing Pains episode where Mike plans to cheat on a test but doesn't end up cheating because he studied while he was preparing his shoes. They love Growing Pains, after they realize what it is!

I also am ashamed to admit that I found myself watching "California Dreams", the Saved By the Bell spinoff with the band.

I believe that Diff'rent Strokes is On Demand at Tube TIme. Several shows are on there, Silver Spoons, Who's the Boss, Facts of Life, Fantasy Island, and more.

I guess I wouldn't really be afraid to admit that I watched a few of those listed in the poll. From the thread title, I thought we were going more old-school, and was prepared to name these:

Beverly Hillbillies

Brady Bunch

Partridge Family

My Three Sons

Leave it to Beaver

Gilligan's Island

Hogan's Heroes

Lassie

Grizzly Adams

Little House on the Prairie

I watched re-runs of all of the above as a kid... not old enough to see them when they were in "primetime." :D The ones in bold, I think I watched every episode ever made, probably twice at least. :wacko: Amazing how times have changed... those were some classic shows, for sure. I think what amazes me the most about them is that they were all quality entertainment, but yet relatively "clean" in comparison to today. You don't really see that anymore.

Three's Company is probably my all-time favorite as well... lots of good laughs from Ritter and Knotts in particular. What's funny is that when my brothers and I were young, we weren't allowed to watch it. So, I watched all of the re-runs later in life... I now own every season on DVD, I think. :D

Great American Hero

Full House

WONDER YEARS--CLASSIC!!

Fresh Prince

Martin

Small Wonder

Punky Brewster

Just the Ten of Us

A Different World (Denise was sooo hot!!!)

Coach

Valerie

My fave....Married... With Children

Beverly Hillbillies

Brady Bunch

Partridge Family

My Three Sons

Leave it to Beaver

Gilligan's Island

Hogan's Heroes

Lassie

Grizzly Adams

Great list...and I'd add Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie to that as well...I'm pretty sure a lot of us 60's kids went through puberty with Jeannie, MaryAnn, Ginger, Marsha, Ellie May and Susan...might add WKRP in Cincinnati to the puberty call...thank you Loni Anderson...

Great list...and I'd add Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie to that as well...I'm pretty sure a lot of us 60's kids went through puberty with Jeannie, MaryAnn, Ginger, Marsha, Ellie May and Susan...might add WKRP in Cincinnati to the puberty call...thank you Loni Anderson...

Sigh...Jan Smithers was so much hotter than Lonnie Anderson, they're not even in the same league.