[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Sox

...when you can watch the original for free?

The Day The Earth Stood Still

It was on AMC last night during the game. I watched the movie. I always watch the movie. LOL

From what I have seen of the trailers the new one really isn't a remake... it's just crap. I am absolutely positive that I will not be seeing the new one. Ever.

I can't watch Keanu. He bugs the crap out of me.

I used to say that, but then I saw The Matrix and he was involved with one of the best movies in the last 20 years. He still sucks, but I'll go see a movie with him in it if I like how it looks.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Yeah seriously... I'm apparently in the minority but I'm kinda looking forward to seeing this. I like the mindless, stuff blowing up movies. :wacko:

+1

My 12 year old nephew called me on Wed. to take him to see it this weekend. Great thing about having a nephew is a great excuse to see all the cool movies like this one, Transformers etc...

Edited by 'canes2004

I can't seem to sit through any "classic" movie as I find the acting cheesy, etc. Which is too bad really. Anyway, I saw The Day the Earth Stood Still and thought it wasn't bad. The ending was a little sucky as I would have rubbed the consequences of no change in the human's noses and then watched them squirm a little bit and then left. Keanu Reeves was perfectly unemotional throughout the movie.

"You'll be doing yourself a huge favor if you go into this movie with lowered expectations."

Above is one of the comments I read at one of the review sites. Other than the misspelling of "hugh" it sounds as if the reviewer got it right since it was 9-1 comments in favor of it being a terrible remake.

I have cancelled my tentative plans on not going to see this and have placed those plans in granite. Won't be seeing this one. Can't wait for the remake of such classics as African Queen and The Third Man.

:wacko:

I'm gonna try tomorrow to see a movie that my wife won't want to see. It's a shame that it looks like The Punisher is the best available.

I just can't justify spending $10 and another $10 on a popcorn and a soda when I have Netflix and a 60" plasma at home. And most of the time the film is crap. I've been to the theater about 3 times in the last 4 years (Ironman, X-Men3. . .holy crap maybe Star Wars Episode III before that?) In fact, tomorrow the family and I are doing Dark Knight at home. That's $70 in our pockets. I may hit the theater for Watchmen. Maybe not.