[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

new addition to the bier family

Bier Meister

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is 8 weeks old (originally from a breeder in texas). he has a mellow disposition vs the last two dogs we've had. not as food motivated as well. we started crate-training the first night we got him and he is starting to get the idea of going to the back door to go out. is doing ok with sit. he is just learing his name. we have been loose with "come" but will be more consistant with it. he is wonderful with dani. getting allong with the 12 year old female, sierra. but she is a little annoyed with him. so far he is doing as expected... a wee bit of a handfull, but great to have around :wacko:

That dog is basass! The good thing is, if you're out snowshoeing and someone gets hurt, he can lay on them to keep them warm until help comes :D

And yes, my man-love for Bier continues, so bite my shiny metal ass.

:wacko:

basass? New breed? :D

Congrats Bier, enjoy the new addition while you hold your past companion in your heart.

Edited by irish

That little guy, even though he has devilish eyes :D , looks like a keeper, and should fill the void. Good luck w/ him. Did I ever discuss the "bell trick" for them going out to do their duty? Worked great for Hersh, still does for Nilly, Very easy to execute/train.

Enjoy! :wacko:

I'd love to have a dog like that, unfortunately it's too hot around here, for one to be comfortable.

congrats--I'm sure he's glad to be outta TX--with this heat coming up soon, hell, it's be 74 degrees lately in Feb!

actually, Huskies are one of the only breeds to have hollow hair follicles which allow them to handle warm weather extremely well! My Bro-in-law use to own a couple (consecutively) in Northern Florida with no problems.

ETA: beautiful dog BTW...

Edited by millerx

actually, Huskies are one of the only breeds to have hollow hair follicles which allow them to handle warm weather extremely well! My Bro-in-law use to own a couple (consecutively) in Northern Florida with no problems.

ETA: beautiful dog BTW...

did not know this, I learn something new everyday!! what a versatile breed

Coincidence, my parents have 2 Siberian Huskies and they live in Jacksonville. Man I love those dogs to death.