[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt was saved! My personal favorite along with Gokey and Allison. I think Lil should have gone home, she's been living off 1 song that happened a good 4-5 weeks ago.

Adam will be good on disco week next week

Despite Adam's obvious vocal talent, I think you all overestimate his interest in being a recording star. I firmly believe that his true love is acting and that he will simply use Idol to catapult himself into an acting career. On the other hand, I think Allison is a "singer."

Adam reminds me of a cross between Freddie Mercury and Axel Rose. And maybe a little bit of....someone else...

Anyhoo, I think he will feed his ego just fine being a stage character. :wacko:

gawd, miley ray cyrus f'n SUCKS :wacko:

I don't really see the point of using the save on matt g. he will be consistently in the bottom 3 from here on out, even if he manages to stay alive a couple more weeks.

That was the first time I saw Miley Cyrus sing and my comment was that she sounded like a country backup singer.

Next week has now been made into a huge week with two going home. They'll be pushing for some huge vote total.

gawd, miley ray cyrus f'n SUCKS :wacko:

I don't really see the point of using the save on matt g. he will be consistently in the bottom 3 from here on out, even if he manages to stay alive a couple more weeks.

They only have 2 weeks left to use the save. They pretty much know he's gone next week with Lil or Anoop. The second week is the 3rd of this group.

Disco week = Adam dressing up like John Travolta (or Freddie Mercury LOL)

Edited by Riffraff

IMO, the bottom three last night are the next three to be voted off anyway, so the whole PR thing about "the save" is rather moot.

There is no denying the clear popularity at this point of Adam, Danny, Kris and Allison....and rightfully so. They will make a compelling final four, while the other three are clearly a notch below.

And FWIW, DialIdol has been dead wrong the last two weeks...both times, they predicted Kris Allen as leaving. Both times, he wasn't even in the bottom three. So much for accuracy.

IMO, the bottom three last night are the next three to be voted off anyway, so the whole PR thing about "the save" is rather moot.

There is no denying the clear popularity at this point of Adam, Danny, Kris and Allison....and rightfully so. They will make a compelling final four, while the other three are clearly a notch below.

And FWIW, DialIdol has been dead wrong the last two weeks...both times, they predicted Kris Allen as leaving. Both times, he wasn't even in the bottom three. So much for accuracy.

Does DialIdol account for text voting? I imagine a lot of votes get transmitted that way.

I was hoping Anoop wouldn't be in the bottom 3 this week. He just can't catch a break.

That's been the deal the whole time though. He was the 13th taken for the 1st time ever...always at the bottom 3 and still manages to get back on the couch. I think this may be the last week this happens. Next time he is in the bottom 3, he's probably gone. But I wouldn't be surprised if he goes all the way. I, along with a few of his other friends, are surprised he made it this far. Talking to him, I get that he is too. We are just hoping he mans up and gets some a$$ sometime before he hits 30.

That's been the deal the whole time though. He was the 13th taken for the 1st time ever...always at the bottom 3 and still manages to get back on the couch. I think this may be the last week this happens. Next time he is in the bottom 3, he's probably gone. But I wouldn't be surprised if he goes all the way. I, along with a few of his other friends, are surprised he made it this far. Talking to him, I get that he is too. We are just hoping he mans up and gets some a$$ sometime before he hits 30.

If you know him, has Bollywood come calling? I can't imagine that juggernaut wouldn't LOVE to get hooks into him. Our Indian friends think he is going to be huge in India if nowhere else...:wacko:

Y'all realize this is called AMERICAN Idol right?

And you've all seen Anoop right?

Whether you like the insinuation or not, it's a real piece of the puzzle in a contest that relies on votes from the general public.

And as far as Adam goes - dude is by far, IMO, the best that Idol has offered in all the seasons.

I think he, more than anyone else has been hurt by his early performances. Also, the judges always strike me as being very reserved in their praise for him. The last 2 weeks he has done very well, and has gotten positive comments from the judges, but nothing bombastic. I get the sense that over-the-top raise from the judges significantly affects voting trends. I think it works the same way for criticism.

Conversely, I think Lil Rounds has been riding early praise long past it's worth. I have not enjoyed any of her performances, but I get the sense that she got such high praise early on that people just assume that she should automatcally get a pass each week. Simon finally commented this week that she might not be the performer they thought she was. Only then was she in the bottom 3. Just looking at the past 2 weeks, I think Anoop is clearly in the top 3/4.

Whether you like the insinuation or not, it's a real piece of the puzzle in a contest that relies on votes from the general public.

And as far as Adam goes - dude is by far, IMO, the best that Idol has offered in all the seasons.

This is exactly where I didn't want to go, but it seems accurate. On both counts.

Wow, you made a joke of it earlier in this thread, but you really are a racist.

I'll take Anoop over Taylor Hicks any day.

If you know him, has Bollywood come calling? I can't imagine that juggernaut wouldn't LOVE to get hooks into him. Our Indian friends think he is going to be huge in India if nowhere else...:wacko:

I'll ask him...he hasn't mentioned it. He can't be in contact with anyone, nor is anyone allowed to contact him until after the tour. We all think he will get some kind of contract with a record company. He said he does wanna finish grad school though

Wow, you made a joke of it earlier in this thread, but you really are a racist.

I'll take Anoop over Taylor Hicks any day.

It's simply a realistic observation.

I'd take Anoop over Hicks 100 times out of 100 as well.

But ya - I guess I'm a little racist. I'd like to say I'm perfect, but I'm not. So sue me.

I'll ask him...he hasn't mentioned it. He can't be in contact with anyone, nor is anyone allowed to contact him until after the tour. We all think he will get some kind of contract with a record company. He said he does wanna finish grad school though

Tell him if he trims his eyebrows I'll vote for him.