[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be interesting next year. With Paula on the last year of her contract and Kara only having a 1 year contract.

Simon said that he expects both of them to be back next year. In fact he said he thought all 4 judges would be back.

Simon said that he expects both of them to be back next year. In fact he said he thought all 4 judges would be back.

I'm sure glad I don't work that show anymore. I couldn't stand fetching Kara her daily dose of "SHUT THE sprinkle UP!!"

Definitely the most talented final four the show has ever had. Adam annoys me, but, I've got to admit that he is ridiculously talented. Gokey sounded great until the end of the song. I thought Allison was good. Kris sang a Beatles song, so, he gets points for that, but, it was just an average performance. I think it's time for Kris to go, but, I'm worried that it could be Allison.

I do not understand why the judges have an absolute slobberfest every time that Cher Adam the Screamer sings. He can take his sequins and mascara and head to Vegas where I guess he will fit in. I just do not see why people think Adam is all that. He is annoying, over dramatic, screeching and tonight he sang the song just like the original - though the other three were all knocked for doing the same.

Sad that any of them have to go home - except for Adam who has at least another week or two of being canonized by the judges.

I do not understand why the judges have an absolute slobberfest every time that Cher Adam the Screamer sings. He can take his sequins and mascara and head to Vegas where I guess he will fit in. I just do not see why people think Adam is all that. He is annoying, over dramatic, screeching and tonight he sang the song just like the original - though the other three were all knocked for doing the same.

Sad that any of them have to go home - except for Adam who has at least another week or two of being canonized by the judges.

Couldn't agree more... (nose ---> :D )

Honestly, I was :D and :D over the lovefest bestowed upon Adam (not that he was bad), but actually calling him a "rock god"!!??!! Seriously?!?! that just takes it to a whole new level. Let's see....ummm... Freddie Mercury, Steven Tyler, Robert Plant, David Lee Roth ...ummm...oh, yeah...Adam Lambert?!?!? It's raining men! Hallelulah! It's raining men!!!!!!

:wacko: Conspiracy theory # 50603224- The judges want him in the final for ratings because they know bland old talent just doesn't cut it anymore... they are like everything else nowadays and need the "drama" to sell to their audience... i.e. the mainstream news media... (screw legitimacy...pppffff!!)

adam killed it this week, awesome song choice, right in his wheelhouse.

allison was ok, kris was pretty lame, gokey I thought was a train wreck but I don't think he goes home, nor should he. even throwing out the past weeks when he's been very strong, I'll take his risky train wreck over kris' safe dreck. to me, it's clearly kris' time to go bye-bye.

for me, it's not that adam sang it just like the original, it's that he did so and sounded nearly every bit as good as robert plant (again, my opinion). when a contestant gets knocked for doing a "karaoke version," it's because he/she tried to copy the original and failed. screaming or not, the dude can flat-out sing.

for me, it's not that adam sang it just like the original, it's that he did so and sounded nearly every bit as good as robert plant (again, my opinion).

Dude... your opinion is WAY, WAY off base. That gets a BFD NO F@#$ING WAY. from me. :wacko:

Allison is the worst of the 4 vocally (absolutely no range). But the judges were dogging Kris hard, so the public will follow suit.

Are you kidding?

Unfortunately, I think it's Kris' week to go. That means we're almost set up for my early prediction of a Lambert Ireheta final. :wacko:

Edited by Czarina

I have gotten very put off by the praise the judges now lavish on Adam every week. IMO, I thought Zepplin was a poor choice, because it's hard to compete with Plant's original vocals. That the judges would compare Adam Lambert and Slash to Led Zepplin is just absurd to me. I thought Chris was good. Allison was ok, and Gokey was good, but his last note was brutal and he had no business attempting it. He was trying to keep up with Adam and failed miserably.

I have gotten very put off by the praise the judges now lavish on Adam every week. IMO, I thought Zepplin was a poor choice, because it's hard to compete with Plant's original vocals. That the judges would compare Adam Lambert and Slash to Led Zepplin is just absurd to me. I thought Chris was good. Allison was ok, and Gokey was good, but his last note was brutal and he had no business attempting it. He was trying to keep up with Adam and failed miserably.

Pretty much spot-on of my feelings, too, except for Gokey. I thought he was brutal last night, and brought nothing to a great song. Kris did a decent job in a genre that is really not for him. Allison and Adam killed it in a week they should have done just that.

who's going home? I think its Allison. Just a hunch, the teeny bopper voters likely just don't connect with her....she seems a tad out there.

Kara hit the nail on the head. Adam is doing something no one else is doing, but who's time I hope has come.He is bringing in that 70's hard stuff mixed with glam rock from the early 80s, and IMHO it is a fairly lethal mix, in a good way. I am absolutely sold that this direction will mean great things for pop music. Sure the guy is over the top, but as a headbanger from way back, I'm pumped thinking this means good things for rock.

Without a doubt I would love to see pop move harder in exactly that way.

EDIT: I was stoked when I saw SLash was there thinking we would see Lambert do a GNR song. (Should have remembered Axl has those locked up.) But was not disappointed how he handled Led Zep. Perhaps had I been a great fan of them, rather than the later, 80s hair and glam bands, I would feel differently. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

you guys that are knocking adam can surely knock him if you dont like his "style" but make no mistake about it, his vocals are SPOT ON every week...never any pitch problems always on key and he has stayed completely true to the artist that he wants to be...that is why the judges are "drooling" all over him.

Vocally, I thought Adam's performance was good overall. However, I didn't care for the visual part. His wardrobe/appearance always come off as contrived to me. And what was he going for anyway? It looked like Elvis meets George Michael (Faith not Wham). The judges rabid praise was not deserved IMO. Bleh. I have to admit the duet with Allison was pretty freaking good though.

I loved Allison last night. personally, I liked her performance the best and I thought the judges were unfair.

Kris was not in his element of course, but I enjoyed the Beatles tune well enough. The duet with Danny was lame. He's just not a rocker.

Danny was plain awful. The judges should have hammered him for that performance. The last note was so wrong, the mrs. and I rewound the DVR a few times just laughing our asses off. When referencing that note before the performance, anyone notice the little laugh Slash was holding back - "could go either way"? I knew it was going to be bad right then. Train wreck.

I suspect Kris is going home, but it should be Danny if based on just one night.

you guys that are knocking adam can surely knock him if you dont like his "style" but make no mistake about it, his vocals are SPOT ON every week...never any pitch problems always on key and he has stayed completely true to the artist that he wants to be...that is why the judges are "drooling" all over him.

Pitch and vocals are only a part of the equation. A singer is an entertainer and A number of people (myself included) do not find him entertaining. I find him plenty annoying and overdramatic which is then compounded when the judges say he is "a rock god". Melinda Doolittle was pitch perfect as well and she was just not entertaining. The bottom line should be if you would buy a CD from the singer and enjoy hearing them on the radio. WIth Lambert, I would change the station when the screeching started.

Kara hit the nail on the head. Adam is doing something no one else is doing, but who's time I hope has come.He is bringing in that 70's hard stuff mixed with glam rock from the early 80s, and IMHO it is a fairly lethal mix, in a good way. I am absolutely sold that this direction will mean great things for pop music. Sure the guy is over the top, but as a headbanger from way back, I'm pumped thinking this means good things for rock.

Without a doubt I would love to see pop move harder in exactly that way.

:wacko: it's just a talent show, dude. I think you may be investing a little too much importance here. in any case, I don't really see how it's a "great thing" for music to regurgitate sounds from decades gone by. that is what recordings are for. and it's pop music we're talking about here. whichever direction in moves in is going to be shallow and commercially calculated, first and foremost.

:D it's just a talent show, dude. I think you may be investing a little too much importance here. in any case, I don't really see how it's a "great thing" for music to regurgitate sounds from decades gone by. that is what recordings are for. and it's pop music we're talking about here. whichever direction in moves in is going to be shallow and commercially calculated, first and foremost.

I think it is a great thing to bring rock back into the top 40, and I think Adam has hit the right combination to do it. :wacko:

You are exactly right about the direction being shallow and commercially calculated, but that is the same with any record label, I'd guess. :D

The difference between Adam and all the rest is overall talent. Adam has taken a song from different genres every week and tweaked it awesomely into a rock song of some sort. This week he got a chance to do a rock song so he didn't need to change the arraingement, so he didn't. He took a classic rock song and performed it perfectly.

He's in another league from the others as he'll be writing and performing his own songs and becoming a hugh star real soon, while all the rest will become coporate shells singing songs other people wrote the way that the label execs want them to sing them.

Pitch and vocals are only a part of the equation. A singer is an entertainer and A number of people (myself included) do not find him entertaining. I find him plenty annoying and overdramatic which is then compounded when the judges say he is "a rock god". Melinda Doolittle was pitch perfect as well and she was just not entertaining. The bottom line should be if you would buy a CD from the singer and enjoy hearing them on the radio. WIth Lambert, I would change the station when the screeching started.

I think that was just KARA and imo she is pretty much an idiot with her comments...she may have the ear etc but her comments are :wacko: