[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

So you guys think people should have voted based on that one performance and not the season's worth of performances.

Gokey is much more main-stream and mch more appealing to those that vote. While Allison can sing, that's all she can do. I don't think the red hair and her overall look play well to people voting.

That said - Gokey did indeed suck this week, but voters choosing between him and Allison had an easy choice. IMO it was Chris that should have got the boot.

At this point in the competition...yes, I do.

Gokey was my pick at the beginning, and I think he's probably second best of the bunch overall at this point. I like his performances a lot. However, all four left are very good, and if one of the four throws up a performance like that I think they probably should go home.

Had Gokey sung like that in his interview he probably would not have made the show at all.

My early prediction was Gokey-Lambert final....and that has a good chance of happening now. But, Allison should still be there considering Tuesday's performances.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Danny scraped by on the sum total of his work that is for sure. Fair or not, that's the way the votes went.

IMO, in a perfect world, Danny should have been gone after such a horrible performance this late in the competition. That screech was almost as bad as forgetting the words.

Well, Danny scraped by on the sum total of his work that is for sure. Fair or not, that's the way the votes went.

IMO, in a perfect world, Danny should have been gone after such a horrible performance this late in the competition. That screech was almost as bad as forgetting the words.

What was especially bad about it IMO was not so much the actual singing, but the failure on his part to realize that it wasn't going to work for him as traditionally sung and the subsequent failure to change it appropriately.

Can you imagine paying for concert tickets to see someone and hearing that come out of them?

Can you imagine paying for concert tickets to see someone and hearing that come out of them?

Not unless it was a comedy show. I swear the mrs. and I rewound that a dozen times.

But yeah, he should have known better. Slash knew what was coming.

Pretty much spot-on of my feelings, too, except for Gokey. I thought he was brutal last night, and brought nothing to a great song. Kris did a decent job in a genre that is really not for him. Allison and Adam killed it in a week they should have done just that.

who's going home? I think its Allison. Just a hunch, the teeny bopper voters likely just don't connect with her....she seems a tad out there.

:wacko:

There's a lot of pop singers who don't write their own stuff. I doubt this is a deal breaker for him.

I'm not at all bothered by Adam's schtick as to his appearance. I think that if you have a teenager living in your house who doesn't listen to country type music, then chances are your kids listen to musicians who look and dress at least somewhat like Adam.

Having "grown up" during the punk years, I kind of enjoy it. :D "Yep, I remember when I had blue streaks in my hair too. The good ole days." :sentimentaloldladyvoice:

I agree 100%...I was just debating BringbackPat's statement that "Adam will be writing and performing his own songs and be a hugh success".

JMO, but I doubt he has ever written a song in his life.

And I also think the final 3 are there deservedly...I am really looking forward to next week, where they each get to sing twice....one judge request, one of their own.

I agree gokey probably should have gotten through (and I didn't have much doubt he would) based on the strength of his body of work so far and the fact that he's accumulated a pretty good fan base. but kris is the one that should have gone home last night. guy just sticks out like a sore thumb as being the one singer who is out of his depth at this point in the competition. allison is/was a vastly superior singer, as are adam and gokey. I can only imagine it's the sanjaya vote keeping him in it at this point.

I can only imagine it's the sanjaya vote keeping him in it at this point.

I wouldn't go that far...the Sanjaya vote was a joke backed by Howard Stern-like voters who wanted to make a mockery of the competition.

I really enjoy his vocals, and my wife swoons over him (as do millions of females, I imagine). He's getting votes from a variety of fans.

He's the concensus favortie in our house, even though vocally Lambert is in a different class. If indeed he makes it to the final, I'd get more satisfaction over him being declared the winner than Lambert. Gokey, yeah, he is a great singer, but as Tuesday showed, he can truly flop if out of his element/range. Kris, while not nailing it, still did a decent job with come together.....and his rendition of Ain't No Sunshine is still my favorite performance of the season

guy just sticks out like a sore thumb as being the one singer who is out of his depth at this point in the competition. allison is/was a vastly superior singer, as are adam and gokey. I can only imagine it's the sanjaya vote keeping him in it at this point.

you couldn't be more wrong. guy has serious talent and will be a commercial success.

I wouldn't go that far...the Sanjaya vote was a joke backed by Howard Stern-like voters who wanted to make a mockery of the competition.

I really enjoy his vocals, and my wife swoons over him (as do millions of females, I imagine). He's getting votes from a variety of fans.

for the record, I'm not saying he's ONLY getting the sanjaya vote (i.e., teenyboppers voting for who they want to see on the cover of seventeen). that would not be enough to keep him in it this late. but I think he IS getting the sanjaya vote, and that is probably keeping him in it over a much better singer, like allison.

the most predictable way this unfolds from here on out...

kris gets booted from the final three, after very suggestive comments from the judges that he is a clear notch below the other two. then the bulk of kris' support goes to gokey, giving him the win in the finals. could still very well to to adam though depending on the remaining performances.

Sticking with my order, Adam & Kris to finish it out. Kris's version of Heartless was outstanding. Gokey seemed his typical self which, while good, may not connect with voters. I hated both of Adam's songs. I though One started out great, but he went back to screaming the song. He'll make it through, but I don't know why.

Wow, tonight went like this for me:

Allen

Gokey

Lambert

I'm finally really over the Adam scream. I thought his arrangement of One sucked. I even voted tonight for the first time ever. Go figure.

I didn't care for the arrangement of "One" either, although I wouldn't say I thought it sucked.

I disagreed with the judges on Kris' first song. I liked it. I liked his second song as well, but I thought there were a few tough notes in there.

gokey - I thought the terence trent d'arby song was pretty good. "you are so beautiful" was a homerun in every way....a popular song that will resonate with voters, a pretty unique arrangement, and a really great performance that shows him in a great light as a singer.

kris - first song was so-so, kind of a dud and he had trouble with the high notes. the kanye west song he chose was awesome though. one of his two or three best performances on the show, easily. very nicely done.

adam - he f'n ruined the U2 song for me. I mean, the notes were in tune and everything but I hated it. he may as well just start fellating himself on the stage. yuck. the aerosmith song was a good karaoke, soundalike performance and nothing more. the other two hit homeruns on the songs they chose for themselves, he bunted.

I really hope adam goes home this week. he absolutely deserves it. the judges shameless pimping for him is getting embarrassing for the show.

gokey - I thought the terence trent d'arby song was pretty good. "you are so beautiful" was a homerun in every way....a popular song that will resonate with voters, a pretty unique arrangement, and a really great performance that shows him in a great light as a singer.

kris - first song was so-so, kind of a dud and he had trouble with the high notes. the kanye west song he chose was awesome though. one of his two or three best performances on the show, easily. very nicely done.

adam - he f'n ruined the U2 song for me. I mean, the notes were in tune and everything but I hated it. he may as well just start fellating himself on the stage. yuck. the aerosmith song was a good karaoke, soundalike performance and nothing more. the other two hit homeruns on the songs they chose for themselves, he bunted.

I really hope adam goes home this week. he absolutely deserves it. the judges shameless pimping for him is getting embarrassing for the show.

+ az

+ az

yep

Lambert is becoming more and more one dimensional, even with his unique arrangements. I thought "Crying" was bland, and "One" (a favorite of mine) was plain brutal in every way for me.

Kris Allen may very well win this....he was, far and away, the best of the bunch for me tonight.

My question is who in the hell keeps voting for Adam?!? Cause everyone I talk to, and many here on the huddle, feel the same as the statements above. He screams EVERY song and seems destined for wince he came...Broadway! Have Americans gone that pussily? Can someone of his makeup (and he does cake it on) really be what is now considered an American Idol? Honestly, what channel on your radio dial can you expect to hear a song of his being played? Answer: none. He is a qualified singer that doesn't really fit anything... and yes, I'll say it again, the judges called him a "rock god" last week, but to say that is...well, it's just an embarrassment to every true rock god that has come before him...

Oh, and tonight's performances of Adam.... SUCKED!!! ... yet, oddly enough, I was able to predict the judges answers before he even hit his first note... not that many of you didn't know what they would say as well.

My question is who in the hell keeps voting for Adam?!? Cause everyone I talk to, and many here on the huddle, feel the same as the statements above. He screams EVERY song and seems destined for wince he came...Broadway! Have Americans gone that pussily? Can someone of his makeup (and he does cake it on) really be what is now considered an American Idol? Honestly, what channel on your radio dial can you expect to hear a song of his being played? Answer: none. He is a qualified singer that doesn't really fit anything... and yes, I'll say it again, the judges called him a "rock god" last week, but to say that is...well, it's just an embarrassment to every true rock god that has come before him...

Oh, and tonight's performances of Adam.... SUCKED!!! ... yet, oddly enough, I was able to predict the judges answers before he even hit his first note... not that many of you didn't know what they would say as well.

+1

The judges really need to stop sucking Adams junk. Its embarrassing. And to answer your vote question, ghey America is standing up for one of its own. Weather he deserves to win or not......it would be fitting if he wins, he finds out he's on the new episode of JUICED and its all been a cruel hoax.

Although I had never voted before tonight, I did used to like Adam, although I thought he was beyond awful last night. I wonder if it was on purpose. Hmmmm....

If Adam goes out now, he doesn't have to sign with 19 entertainment...

If Adam goes out now, he doesn't have to sign with 19 entertainment...

He's #1 on iTunes this season, so no chance they let him go without getting him under contract. Why do you think the judges hype him up so much even when he bombs? They spin the competition in whichever way they think will help sell the most albums.

I've never seen the judges begging the audience to vote for someone. That was completely unfair to Kris and Gokey. I'd be plenty pissed if I were them or at least I would have some smart ass comment live during the results show tonight about how "I'm worried about being sent home tonight since the judges are only campaigning for one person". I thougth that was unprofessional.