[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about this 36 hour span?

Chief Dick

1. One year old wakes up last night at 3:30 AM with a seizure. :wacko: Massive chaos ensues, including the ambulance trip to the hospital. Everything is ok (induced by sudden high fever, he's ok)(whew)

2. Getting my nads neutered tomorrow at 2:30. :D

Good times, good times.... :D

so you are saying you are so scared of getting the snip snip done that your fear made your tyke have a siezure

in all seriousness glad the little one is ok and good luck with Edward Scissorhands tomorrow

Yeah, you talk about a heart thumper. Me and the misses are looking at each other like "What the hell do we do? "

Luckily, the fire station is literally 3 blocks from my house, so the crew was here in less than 3 minutes. I ain't ever moving. :wacko:

Apparently this type of seizure comes from a quick increase in body temp. Our 3 year old has been sick all week, and the 1 year old has shown NO signs of it, until 3:30 last night, when his body temp went from normal to around 105 in a matter of minutes.

living so close to fire station must be a little cheaper on the homeowner's insurance..good luck with that procedure--trying to talk the hubby into doing it--non-scapel these days. hope your little boy's ok..mine was also in the ER this wk for stitches

1. One year old wakes up last night at 3:30 AM with a seizure. :D Massive chaos ensues, including the ambulance trip to the hospital. Everything is ok (induced by sudden high fever, he's ok)(whew)

2. Getting my nads neutered tomorrow at 2:30. :D

Good times, good times.... :D

Glad to hear that everything is okay with your son. I'm interested to hear how everything goes with your procedure tomorrow. I have such a fear about somebody doing work down there and screwing up. :wacko:

That is really scary. How did you guys wake up? Was he making loud noises? That is one of my biggest fears is that something were to happen and I wouldn't wake up.

Good question. My 3 year old has been sick all week, so my wife was sleeping on the floor in his room, which is right next to the baby's room. She didn't hear a thing. I was in our room, and we had the baby monitor in there. So I heard a noise that just wasn't right: he was making a consistent gasping type of sound. So I jumped out of bed, much like a cartoon character freezing in mid air, and ran in there.

The part that freaks me out is I don't know how long he was in that state before I heard it. I suspect not too long--maybe a minute.

Yeah, you talk about a heart thumper. Me and the misses are looking at each other like "What the hell do we do? "

Luckily, the fire station is literally 3 blocks from my house, so the crew was here in less than 3 minutes. I ain't ever moving. :wacko:

Apparently this type of seizure comes from a quick increase in body temp. Our 3 year old has been sick all week, and the 1 year old has shown NO signs of it, until 3:30 last night, when his body temp went from normal to around 105 in a matter of minutes.

Febrile seizures, my son had his first one at 16 months old and we were changing him on his changing table and going to check his temp when it happened. As with you we only lived a few blocks from a hospital and the ambulance was getting lunch right next to our apartment so they were there in like 2 minutes. When we got him to the hospital his temp was 105.7, needless to say he had 3 others within 2 weeks of that and he is now 18 and never had another after that. They actually linked it to his DPT shot and he never got the P again and was fine.

Edited by T_bone65

so you are saying you are so scared of getting the snip snip done that your fear made your tyke have a siezure

in all seriousness glad the little one is ok and good luck with Edward Scissorhands tomorrow

<Sarge> But what did your wife have to say?<Sarge>

Febrile seizures, my son had his first one at 16 months old and we were changing him on his changing table and going to check his temp when it happened. As with you we only lived a few blocks from a hospital and the ambulance was getting lunch right next to our apartment so they were there in like 2 minutes. When we got him to the hospital his temp was 105.7, needless to say he had 3 others within 2 weeks of that and he is now 18 and never had another after that. They actually linked it to his DPT shot and he never got the P again and was fine.

Quick question: when the others came did you just wait them out at home or did you take him to the ER?

If it happens again I want to make sure we do the right thing.

Quick question: when the others came did you just wait them out at home or did you take him to the ER?

If it happens again I want to make sure we do the right thing.

During the 1st bout bout they showed us how to make sure he didn't swallow his tongue and when he came out of it to bring him in. That was the hardest part of it, waiting the 3-5 minutes until the seizure stopped and getting everything ready. During this 2nd bout he had 3 in at 12 hour period and they finally admitted him and kept him for 3 days. All of this was related to an ear infection which brought on pneumonia (sp) and was eventually traced back to DPT shot. Not sure if it actually was related to the DPT or not but he never had another after they quit giving him the P :wacko: