[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emotional affairs

devilwoman

I'm not sure whether a statement like this will have everyone booking flights to Columbus......

FYI: an economic history organization of which I am member just chose to host its 2011 conference in Columbus.

(I won't say what role I had to play in this decision other than that I was the president of the society and was presiding over the meeting when Columbus was officially chosen.)

:wacko:

:D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very good topic, and lol!! I don't think it's an emotional affair when we all just chat about fantasy football or our crazy kids, etc. etc. It's all good!

Well, now we see that the person for whom this thread was created has finally responded.

:oldjohnelwaygrin:

Well, now we see that the person for whom this thread was created has finally responded.

:oldjohnelwaygrin:

lol! Now I'm not that popular around here, hell my message box is bare for example! Maybe Ms. Devil was just thinking about the Howard Stern people, can't remember their names, but the husband calls in about the wife having an emotional affair, she and her guy send texts which include xoxo & 1-4-3.

shoulda said empty!! I was thinking old mother hubbard, cuppard is bare and the like!!! :wacko:

yeah, but had you gone that route, you'd have these dirty bassturds in their robes and wizard hats offering to fill it for you and the such.

Edited by Big Country

What? Wait now...what's the deal? DW, Bunz and Scooby are making a video?

:D

:divingboard!:

SWEET!!! Hell, I've gotten enough ghey mags over the years, so I better get a copy or at least a pic of this event. :wacko:

SWEET!!! Hell, I've gotten enough ghey mags over the years, so I better get a copy or at least a pic of this event. :D

Maybe I'll just have to invite Scoob and DW here when Wiegie's conference is in town. :wacko:

I'm looking forward to seeing you Wiegie! Care for a little emotional fling? :D:D

:wacko: I'm feeling old... what does this mean?

I had to look this up.

Texting for "I Love You", with the numbers meaning the number of letters in each word.

There are a lot of other phrases with the same number combination :D

Edited by Big John

Nope T_boner, it was me and in the "My Wife Just Bowled a Perfect Game" thread by Billay. :wacko:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...boner&st=25

Anyway, my .02 on the original topic. I've always been leery of this kind of thing. Maybe it's just me, but a chick who is cool is usually bumped a couple points on the hot scale (at least when mixed with alcohol). So, if I'm hanging out with a girl who is cute and has a good sense of humor, I worry more about being responsible than just having a hot woman around. So far the worst I've done is google an x's name and think about contacting them after a rough time with the wife. I've never cheated on any girl i've dated so I figured being married would be easy. But kids and stress, etc. have brought their own tough times and learning curves. So far I believe it's just about staying out of bad situations. I like to think I'm tough but I've come to the conclusion that I'm really not. I'm just (barely) smart enough to stay away. Don't carry cigs if you don't want to smoke. Don't hang out at a bar if you are staying away from a drink. I enjoy joking (I'm actually pretty funny in RL, but my natural sarcasm doesn't translate that well to the Internet) and conversation with women but I make sure that I don't put myself in bad situations because sooner or later I'd either emotionally or physically make the wrong decision. So I agree with the fellas that say this kind of thing is basically a pre-cursor to a physical relationship. That's why I make sure I keep my distance. You may not intend it to go that far, but a bad situation of booze or tough times could push something over the edge. So don't play with the sharks if you don't want to get bit.

I was a sounding board for a guy dealing with a marriage separation once and then he hit on me-knows my husband very well and knows we are happily married. Hubby knew I was helping him through it. Never told hubby he hit on me though.

I was so p*ssed at this guy but we remained friends.

I was a sounding board for a guy dealing with a marriage separation once and then he hit on me-knows my husband very well and knows we are happily married. Hubby knew I was helping him through it. Never told hubby he hit on me though.

I was so p*ssed at this guy but we remained friends.

Yeah, that's gotta be rough on everyone involved. That guy was probably all screwed up in the brains trying to deal with the separation and having you around to support him through it, so he probably developed some feelings for you through it all and could've just slipped up not thinking clearly (not sticking up for him or anything). That's great that you remained friends through it all and shows what a good person you are to work it all out with him. Did you ever confront him about him hitting on you?

Yeah, that's gotta be rough on everyone involved. That guy was probably all screwed up in the brains trying to deal with the separation and having you around to support him through it, so he probably developed some feelings for you through it all and could've just slipped up not thinking clearly (not sticking up for him or anything). That's great that you remained friends through it all and shows what a good person you are to work it all out with him. Did you ever confront him about him hitting on you?

No, I just told him when it happened that's not the relationship I want or he needed right now. He accepted it and I continued to help him through the seperation and divorce and he never hit on me again. What made it awkward is his wife was using me as a sounding board as well and I had to keep to myself a lot of confidential information. Since there are always two sides to the story, I probably knew more than anyone what the issues were and who was and wasn't telling the truth.

What made it even weirder was he lived out of town, and I always stayed at his and his wife's house when in their town on business. I continued to stay there when his wife left and he never hit on me, but it was one night when he got all emotional and then it happened. It was never brought up again and I continued to stay there, even after he hit on me, and trusted him that it wouldn't happen again. BTW, I didn't realize it until after they seperated but they were both cheating on each other.

I had a key to their house and found out they were seperated when I walked through their bedroom to use the hot tub on the deck when he wasn't home from work yet. I passed by the closet that was opened and only his clothes were in it. He was planning to tell me when he got home. The hitting on me happened months after that.

Still friends today. He remarried, has two kids with the current marriage, and I am the godmother to one of their kids.

My administrative assistant is 10yrs older than me, not particularly interesting on any personal level, and is 100lbs heavier than my wife for a reason.

I don't trust myself.