[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think i'm tired of drinking

Jackass

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our place offers a Martini bar as an additional package for the formal parties. It is all trendy types of Martinis. This past week in place of the martini bar this p[arty had a Tequila station. It was the first time I had seen that since I started. Some really awesome tequilas flwoing that day. Patron Silver, Patron Cafe, Herradura, 1800, Cabo Wabo. People were loving it.

Look for Corzo. It's a silver that apparently is made from only the heart of the hornitos. Crazy smooth. Our silver at Jujube was Patron and we put them side by side. Not even close but costs exactly the same. It also comes in a really cool bottle, FWIW.

Look for Corzo. It's a silver that apparently is made from only the heart of the hornitos. Crazy smooth. Our silver at Jujube was Patron and we put them side by side. Not even close but costs exactly the same. It also comes in a really cool bottle, FWIW.

I've always been a fan of the Resposado over the silver, but that's just me. We did a side by side (Ms Cid loves to do this, bless her heart) of Patron, Don Julio, Tres Generationes, Cabo Wabo, Corazon, and a couple of others I can't remember. As could be guessed, Patron and Don Julio were a cut above the rest. I'd drink Cuervo 1800 over Cabo Wabo any day. Marketing BS.

BTW, the Patron Cafe is something really different. Think Kahlua with tequila in it. Most awesome on the rocks.

I've always been a fan of the Resposado over the silver, but that's just me. We did a side by side (Ms Cid loves to do this, bless her heart) of Patron, Don Julio, Tres Generationes, Cabo Wabo, Corazon, and a couple of others I can't remember. As could be guessed, Patron and Don Julio were a cut above the rest. I'd drink Cuervo 1800 over Cabo Wabo any day. Marketing BS.

BTW, the Patron Cafe is something really different. Think Kahlua with tequila in it. Most awesome on the rocks.

I was trying to think of the other bottle I saw and I think this was it. I was thinking tres caballeros for some reason. This was in a cool bottle and was blue right ?

Edited by whomper

About a month ago I officially got bored of beer. I've actually been having a ton of fun mixing cocktails in the kitchen while the Mrs. is cooking dinner. It's old fashioned 1950s fun, more interactive, a little cheaper, and I actually have a semi-useful skill at parties and gatherings. Sitting brainlessly on the couch just downing beers and watching TV just doesn't do it for me anymore. As far as going out to bars, that got a lot more difficult once kids entered the picture. The spirit is willing, but...

Edited by yo mama

I was trying to think of the other bottle I saw and I think this was it. I was thinking tres caballeros for some reason. This was in a cool bottle and was blue right ?

Yeah, the silver is in a blue bottle.

http://www.luxist.com/2009/04/29/tres-gene...s-a-new-bottle/

ya know the end is near when you're hungover and soakin in the tub just relaxin and let a little squeeker go and next thing ya know the tub is filled with Twilight Tacos :wacko:

Nice!

No hangover either - I have stopped drinking any of the mass produced piss like Bud and haven't had a hangover for years.

I have a theory that the macrobrews use all sorts of chemicals and preservatives that imports (at least German imports - GB the Reinheitsgebot!) and crafts do NOT use.

Ergo, the CHEMICALS and impurities give you the hangover, not the beer. :wacko: At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - a night of high-quality brews results in a slight hangover with no headache or gutrot; a night of Miller (or Bud) Lite results in misery the next day.

Sitting brainlessly on the couch just downing beers and watching TV just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I hear ya; since it's summer, I sit brainlessly in the lawn chair just downing beers and watching the campfire. Tremendous improvement.

I have a theory that the macrobrews use all sorts of chemicals and preservatives that imports (at least German imports - GB the Reinheitsgebot!) and crafts do NOT use.

Ergo, the CHEMICALS and impurities give you the hangover, not the beer. :wacko: At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it - a night of high-quality brews results in a slight hangover with no headache or gutrot; a night of Miller (or Bud) Lite results in misery the next day.

:D Or it's just crappier materials being used for the el cheapos, opposed to the cream of the crop for the more expensive brews. Same thing with food; go out on a McDonald's bender and you're pooing lava for a day. Go out for a nice piece of filet mignon and all the fixin's, and sure, you're pooing, but it's of the Lincoln Log variety. :D

ya know the end is near when you're hungover and soakin in the tub just relaxin and let a little squeeker go and next thing ya know the tub is filled with Twilight Tacos :wacko:

Ok, I had to laugh. :D