[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Every-So-Often...

darin3

:wacko: 101 degrees here in Austin. Had a 90-minute massage this morning (and the answer is "no", for those that will ask) and went to buy some new soccer cleats. Came straight to the restaurant where I work for some :D Lonestars and food before my 9pm kickball game.

So, what are y'all doin' this fine Thursday? How hot is it out by you?

95 in cincy. wrapping up some work and will head to the ball fields for my oldest's 2nd round tourney game. youngest has a game as well on a different set of fields that i will miss. am helping to coach both teams. it's all baseball, all the time. the boys love it and i do love being out there with them. the oldest was picked for our city all start team and will compete in the little league playoffs, so that's pretty exciting.

Same as everyday lately, juggling like crazy.

My chef at Jujube is on vacation, so I've got to worry about orders and stuff plus we have a few events and catering deals that popped up. Today is my floor manager's day off, so I'm doing that as well.

Meanwhile, I spent the first part of the morning negotiating a higher TI allowance with my landlord at the new joint as well as trying to get the city to fix the effed up sidewalk right in front of it.

Got to Jujube to find that my opening waiter ran out of gas and had to pick him up and then spent the last few hours (sort a quiet lunch today so they didn't need me on the floor) dealing with the carpet at the new place and responding to a deluge of e-mails and phone calls in response to an e-newsletter we sent out hyping some upcomming events.

Got some wine reps on the way with some tasty juice to try, so that won't suck. So, now the fun part. I actually enjoy my one night of the week hosting. We get a lot of regulars that come in. If it's on the slow side, I can chat with them, if it's busy, I make more money. Either way it's cool.

Oh, and it's hot as balls here yet again. However, this spring I finally found this old school HVAC guru who figured out what was up and, basically for the first summer ever, we're nice and comfy.

We're in the middle of inventory right now, and the bait fridge is on the brink so all our chicken livers and worms are in ice chest, such a pain. Plus we ran a circular in the sunday paper for a free koozie with any ammunition purchase, can't keep up with demand, we run out and have to get some from another store and every time just so happens some older lady is there screaming for her free kmart koozie. This job is very demanding mentally, I need a vacation.

Very hot but not as bad as the last few days. If any of you have been watching the college world series, the last few days have been brutal (something like 110 heat index). I'd say it's low 90s and very humid so it's not what I'd call nice. Not much planned for today, but I'm eyeballing some golf on Sunday (supposed high of only 85).

Broke an all time record for the hottest day ever in New Orleans yesterday. For those of you who have been here in the summer you know that is saying something! We finally got our first rain shower in 3 weeks last evening and have another right now. Thank God!

Same as everyday lately, juggling like crazy.

My chef at Jujube is on vacation, so I've got to worry about orders and stuff plus we have a few events and catering deals that popped up. Today is my floor manager's day off, so I'm doing that as well.

Meanwhile, I spent the first part of the morning negotiating a higher TI allowance with my landlord at the new joint as well as trying to get the city to fix the effed up sidewalk right in front of it.

Got to Jujube to find that my opening waiter ran out of gas and had to pick him up and then spent the last few hours (sort a quiet lunch today so they didn't need me on the floor) dealing with the carpet at the new place and responding to a deluge of e-mails and phone calls in response to an e-newsletter we sent out hyping some upcomming events.

Got some wine reps on the way with some tasty juice to try, so that won't suck. So, now the fun part. I actually enjoy my one night of the week hosting. We get a lot of regulars that come in. If it's on the slow side, I can chat with them, if it's busy, I make more money. Either way it's cool.

Oh, and it's hot as balls here yet again. However, this spring I finally found this old school HVAC guru who figured out what was up and, basically for the first summer ever, we're nice and comfy.

Hot enough for ya?

If I were closer, I could help with both of those issues. I was actually supposed to head out your way for a project a few weeks ago but the deal got canceled. :D

Hot enough for ya?

:D

E2A: :wacko: x 3

Edited by darin3

Bus leaves in 2 minutes. Mid 90's here and humid. Going home early to catch up on no sleep from last night. No real reason, just one of those nights that I kept thinking about things.

Check, make that one minute!!!! Hopefully will come back next week to get offered the new job I interviewed for. Man that would help a ton!

Sunday, the first day of summer it snowed 20 miles from here. Monday morning when I got up and it was 31 degrees, we had a frost delay on my golf course, and got up to 70 degrees that day. Weds. morning when I got up it was 37 degrees and reached 90 degrees--a 53 degree swing! What its like living in a desert in the northern part of the US.

Been golfing and working mostly. Been lazy and not exercising much so feeling a little fat. Tends to happen to me in the summer when I play golf in my spare time instead of exercise. I do walk and carry my bag but it doesn't provide much aerobically. I don't work at all tomorrow so plan on running 5 miles before hitting the links. I would like to get in some hiking but everything is still snowed in above 5,000 ft and the snow is too crappy to ski on. The skeeters are going to be brutal up there when the snow does melt. There's going to be a lot of standing water around.

We're in the middle of inventory right now, and the bait fridge is on the brink so all our chicken livers and worms are in ice chest, such a pain. Plus we ran a circular in the sunday paper for a free koozie with any ammunition purchase, can't keep up with demand, we run out and have to get some from another store and every time just so happens some older lady is there screaming for her free kmart koozie. This job is very demanding mentally, I need a vacation.

What is it about free stuff? I swear, if you were giving out free turds, someone would get pissed if you ran out.

Upper 80's here. Heading to the golf course soon where I'll be spending quite a bit of time the next few days. More then normal. :D Tonite is the last week of the first half season, payouts for top 5 places after tonite, we're tied for first place. :D

Tomorrow will be a long day there, as we're putting on a benefit tournament/fundraiser in memory of one of our regular crew who passed away from cancer this winter. Lots of golf, side games, beer and food going on all day tomorrow and a band playing on the patio afterwards. :wacko:

If I were closer, I could help with both of those issues. I was actually supposed to head out your way for a project a few weeks ago but the deal got canceled. :D

E2A: :wacko: x 3

Well, got the TI issue handled very much to my satisfaction. The city is about to get their ass handed to them because it is their claim that the sidewalk was damaged by trucks belonging to our construction crews and my landlord just forwarded me some shots taken when they first bought the building 3 years ago showing the sidewalk very much destroyed.

At any rate, too bad your project died. I'm sure it's happening everywhere but hammers are still swinging in these parts.

89 degrees with some rain earlier. I went on an early morning five mile trail run. Went out for breakfast with my better parts, then I went to the chiro and got an hour massage. The neighbor is getting home soon to set up the enormous inflatable water slide, and that will be my night.

In Tucson it's around 80 and raining......

:wacko:

79 degrees, some scattered clouds in the sky, 47% humidity

Supposed to meet up with bushwacked for dinner and biers a little later on. haven;t had a chance to touch base and firm up plans.

Say hello for me. Goin' to the ole standby? :D

65 deg, cloudy, getting ready to rain. Watching the Mariners/Padres game on the TV. Doesn't get much more exciting than that I can tell you. :wacko:

I think we're over 70 in Portland. No rain, but we've had an interesting past few weeks. Haven't seen afternoon storms like we've had since I left the south.

Put an offer on a house. Waiting on pins and needles to hear. Then will be stressing to figure out how to pay for it. Kid #1 on the way in September. The house will be brand new so in need of new appliances, window blinds, etc. I plan on being a little busy for the next few months.