[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gang green....

Rovers

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time. You should have taken up FW's offer but at least you went. Please keep us updated as to how this all turns out.

From what little experience I have as an army chaplain who served in a hospital..... GO !!!!!

If you need a ride, they can provide one for you...no need to bother EMS, unles it is an emergency....

While you are there check out the resources available to you... The VA, while my Dad, a Korean vet would say, is a soldiers 2nd chance to give his life for his country, is still a place that is there to assit veterans....

The chaplains that are there are NOT there to convert anyone, so visit with them and see what services the VA offers and let them assist....

Do not let money stand in the way... The finances will take care of themself.... At the end of the day, what matters is your health, both feet and all ten toes...

If you need a hand navigating through the VA, etc...give me a hollar....I will do my best to serve you from here....

As stated earlier, all hospitals are obligated to provide medical care....this is the very nation that you served to protect and defend....while I am not a fan of entitlement, the nation owes veterans.....

Again, let me know how I can assist...

Wow......John, don't think for one moment that your customers won't understand. They'd say the same thing everyone here has said.....JUST GET some help and GET BETTER! ya numbskull. :wacko: Money...is just money. This is another animal entirely and not to be taken lightly.

So my thoughts are with you. (can't resist here) I'm keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed! :D

I've always used this phrase.....never has it meant so much. Sending out some healing vibes, Rovers!

Howard.....what can I say? :heart: :D

Krypt....get John's number from Keg.....follow up on that. There is much wisdom here, John.....listen to it!

Gawd.....I love this place! :D

Rover i sure as hell hope you got your head out of your ass, and went anyway to the hospital.

ok, got an update!!!

I called hospital and they had 20 John Whites on their system. I needed last four of SSN (yeah right) or his date of birth. I found part and Big John hooked me up as well (thanks).

Called back. Rovers is still in ER. He was napping. Doctor had stepped out. Person I spoke with didn't know anything except there was nothing wacko going on with the case. I'll try to call John back later.

I'm feeling better just knowing where he is and that he's getting medical care.

FW

ok, got an update!!!

I called hospital and they had 20 John Whites on their system. I needed last four of SSN (yeah right) or his date of birth. I found part and Big John hooked me up as well (thanks).

Called back. Rovers is still in ER. He was napping. Doctor had stepped out. Person I spoke with didn't know anything except there was nothing wacko going on with the case. I'll try to call John back later.

I'm feeling better just knowing where he is and that he's getting medical care.

FW

Great news and thanx for staying on top of this. :wacko:

called john a couple of times today. 1st no answer. 2nd left message on machine.

no call back as of yet.

keep the positive thoughts acomin'

I called him back last nite around 11:30(no answer) and that was after I called the hospital and they said they didnt have anyone named John White admitted and then they transferred me to the ER and the nurse there said she couldn't tell me anything but that what I described didn't sound familiar...i was really worried he got into an accident...called him again today and left a message asking for an update....glad you had better luck with the hospital then I did...hopefully everything goes well from this point forward

Edited by keggerz

OK.... not gang green. They approved me for full medical, just $8 a month per script.

My blackened big toes... turns out they are just HUGH blood blister/callouses. The affected part of my left foot near the toes is a bone splinter that is poking it's way through the skin, slightly infected, no biggie. That was causing most of the pain, and why my foot swelled. bled and had some discharge. I think they will remove that bone splinter next week. They cut off some infected tissue and all the blood blisters. They aren't worried about the blackened toe nails... I usually have one or two that have turned black for some bizarre reason. The combination of all these things led me to think it was gang green.

It NOT a ciculatory problem, not diabetes, not tobacco that has caused about 80% loss of feeling in my feet and 40% in my hands. Seems that is strictly nerve damage. Could be from my spinal fusion operation, could be just too many beers. Alchohol apparently can do this. I felt nothing when they went to work on my feet with a scalpel. The podiatrist was fairly amazed I didn't flinch....I felt almost nothing with no local or pain killers administered.

So... the Big Guy (and my friend's prayers) come thru for me again. Now I can also get my skin cancer surgery done. I have full medical!

Thanks to everyone... keg, RR, and Howard especially. :wacko:

OK.... not gang green. They approved me for full medical, just $8 a month per script.

My blackened big toes... turns out they are just HUGH blood blister/callouses. The affected part of my left foot near the toes is a bone splinter that is poking it's way through the skin, slightly infected, no biggie. That was causing most of the pain, and why my foot swelled. bled and had some discharge. I think they will remove that bone splinter next week. They cut off some infected tissue and all the blood blisters. They aren't worried about the blackened toe nails... I usually have one or two that have turned black for some bizarre reason. The combination of all these things led me to think it was gang green.

It NOT a ciculatory problem, not diabetes, not tobacco that has caused about 80% loss of feeling in my feet and 40% in my hands. Seems that is strictly nerve damage. Could be from my spinal fusion operation, could be just too many beers. Alchohol apparently can do this. I felt nothing when they went to work on my feet with a scalpel. The podiatrist was fairly amazed I didn't flinch....I felt almost nothing with no local or pain killers administered.

So... the Big Guy (and my friend's prayers) come thru for me again. Now I can also get my skin cancer surgery done. I have full medical!

Thanks to everyone... keg, RR, and Howard especially. :wacko:

good to hear it all worked out well for you and that you are also now fully covered....funny how things work at times

I have always just bulled my way through things, like a snow plow in a blizzard. Then, I put my trust in God.... I'm no bible beatin fanatic. I just do go to church and pray, and have faith (most of the time) and when things seem bleakest... somehow or another...it always seems works out.

The folks here at the Huddle.... what can I say? You are collectively another blessing in my life. I needed a kick in the azzz.... came here and got what I needed. I have a tendency to ignore things, be in denial, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other instead of facing up and doing what I can to improve my situation. I tried to get VA benefits via the mail before.... got nowhere. I was approved at the hospital in like 20 minutes. Should have done that 2 years ago.

When I was in the service, I got spit on in airports. Had drinks thrown in my face in pubs, just because of my haircut... anyone with short hair in those days was military. Little did I know it would all be worth it so many years later.

Thanks again to all of you... and very happy to be able to finish this thread with good news, when it could have been so bad. :wacko: