[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speeding Tickets

nuke'em ttg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just 1 brack in 1978...1 warning 3 weeks ago 42 mph in a 30 would have been a $100.00 ticket :wacko:

Got my 1st speeding in over 10yrs earlier this spring...something like 74 in a 55...went to court and got it brought down to mechanical failure or something like that...$50 fine plus $61 court costs: $111 price of the ticket for speeding would have been about $40 more...had an attorney that works for the firm my wife works at represent me pro-bono and he ended up being late :D and when they called me they were like we will call you back up we are trying to get in touch with the Senator to see why he is delayed...he finally arrived about 40 mins late...judge was like nice to see you senator....senator says, sorry i was late judge...judge says, dont worry about it...me I am like :D

edit: I didnt ask him to represent me...I just had my wife ask him a question about the ticket since it was written out wrong and he said he would handle it...he is the only lawyer in the firm that does trial work

Edited by keggerz

During last school year, I had a problem in the morning dealing with my kids and left my house for school at 8:32 and needed to be at school signed in for 8:45. The fastest I've ever gotten to school was about 15 min. and that was with no traffic and hitting no lights once I got off the TP, so I was basically going to be late. I get onto the TP and start cruising. I come up on a part in the road where if there is a cop there you can't see him until you get right up on him which is exactly what I did and sure enough there's an unmarked car, window down, radar gun pointed right at my car as I blow by doing 94 mph. Long story short I get pulled over and tell him that I'm a teacher and am running really late and need to pick up my class. I also tell him that I know a state trooper who's a friend of mine (hadn't spoken with the guy in about 10+ years) and give him his name. After he goes back and makes some calls (I see him writing), he tells me that he can't reach the trooper I mentioned and that he's letting me off with a written warning. Before I leave he tells me that for doing 94 in a 65, he could've hit me up with a HUGH speeding ticket and because of the high speed, reckless driving as well and that I could've lost my license. Needless to say, I was very lucky and since that day haven't come close to hitting 94 again. Usually I go about 70-75 anyhow.

In total for the entire time I've had my license, I've never gotten any kind of ticket, speeding or otherwise. But I've surely come close on 3 or 4 occasions.

my 15 yr old son drives to fast and just doesn't get it :D i tell'em your insurance will go up bigtime, you're on a school only liscence and you're drivin all over creation, you can be cool goin slow, brack the f off that car jackass :wacko: somebeach i swear tbimms his real dad :D

my 15 yr old son drives to fast and just doesn't get it :D i tell'em your insurance will go up bigtime, you're on a school only liscence and you're drivin all over creation, you can be cool goin slow, brack the f off that car jackass :wacko: somebeach i swear tbimms his real dad :D

I hear you. as even though my kids aren't old enough yet, I was much older than my younger sisters and brothers and went through similar issues with them. All you can do is hope that they learn through smaller lessons and not by making the big/expensive mistakes or by hurting someone else or themself.

Used to get them once a year when I was a sales rep. I either would late for an appt. or just wanting to get home after a long week. Since I retired in '04 I haven't gotten one. I've probably had about 10 in my life. I know traffic school very well. I actually failed a traffic school test once because the guy hardly asked any traffic law questions. He asked these off the wall q's to see if you were paying attention to him in class. Things like what high school does the 17 y.o kid in the front row go to? I remember this kid stood up in front of the class but that's about it. I was reading a book during the entire classroom time. :wacko:

My insurance rates never went up surprisingly.

6 or so. Lost count. :wacko: Twice suspended for 15 days each time :D

In PA speeding tickets don't effect insurance rates. Just if you change companies they may not be willing to insure you if they are still on your record

My Dad is a retired cop. I have a PBA card and any time I do get pulled over that usually gets me out of it. That being said I am a very cautious driver and rarely speed .

four that I can remember (also got a BS ticket for driving the wrong way down a one-way street when I was 16 because the road was blocked by a parked truck).

I also have gotten let off with warnings for various offenses at least 4 times.

47, no lie. A lot of those I got while I was in the military in Illinois, California, and South Carolina (or driving between them) with a Massachussetts drivers license, and I always paid the ticket. They never showed up on my insurance. I got my last tickets in Texas driving from Austin to Dallas, which was the first one since '02, go figure.

can someone answer me this?

I got a DUI 7 years ago and my insurance never found out.

How's that possible?

sorry for the hijack

probably depends on the company but i don't think most of them go around doing random checks to see if you have. We;re talking back in the late 80s but a buddy of mine got a DUI...it took 2 years for them to find out. The only reason they ran a check is because he moved and informed them of his change in address. A while after that, i got one. Shortly after that i moved. But i didn't inform my insurance company i had moved for another 5 years. My old address was a co-workers house so he would bring me that bill every 6 months. i never told them i had moved, and they never found out about it. Back then a DUI only stayed on your record for 5 years. After that time was up, i let them know i had a new address.

47, no lie. A lot of those I got while I was in the military in Illinois, California, and South Carolina (or driving between them) with a Massachussetts drivers license, and I always paid the ticket. They never showed up on my insurance. I got my last tickets in Texas driving from Austin to Dallas, which was the first one since '02, go figure.

I believe you, lay off that throttle on the AMG :wacko:

I got a DUI 7 years ago and my insurance never found out.

I have 1 more DUI than I have speeding tickets and 1 more testicle than I have DUIs. :wacko:

I would have saved a ton more money driving like a bat out of hell sober for 20 years straight relative to having a few too many beers that one particular night.

Oh, and my insurance found out about my discretion. But, I'll finally be off my "high risk" coverage here in about 6 months.

I have 1 more DUI than I have speeding tickets and 1 more testicle than I have DUIs. :wacko:

I would have saved a ton more money driving like a bat out of hell sober for 20 years straight relative to having a few too many beers that one particular night.

Oh, and my insurance found out about my discretion. But, I'll finally be off my "high risk" coverage here in about 6 months.

It is only by the will of Allah that I never got a DUI back in the day.

I'm much better now.