[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welcome Baby Nun

SeductiveNun

What a crazy couple of days it's been. Wife's water broke Saturday at about 3:30 AM, we got to the hospital at about 5:15 AM, and they set her up in a private room. After about 12 hours of very little in terms of labor (very little dialation) they decided to induce. She made it until about 5:30 AM Sunday and then went for the epidural. While on that she was able to get some rest, but she wasn't really progressing all that much. By about 1:30 pm she was only dialated 8 inches, and the baby's heart rate was starting to fluctuate quite a bit so they decided to do a C-section. The C-section went great, and at 2:41 on March 21, Baby Nun came into the world in all his glory. The tale of the tape is 8 pounds 10.8 ounces and 21 inches long, and he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his head like a headband, thus causing the distress.

Now the slightly scary part. My wife had gestational diabetes, so they were concerened with Baby Nun's blood sugar. It was at the low end of normal intially, but he wasn't feeding right away and it dropped to the point where they had to take him and put him in a special care unit. The most heartwrenching thing I have ever dealt with was watching my wife when the nurse told her they would have to take Baby Nun away and keep him in that unit for at least 24 hours. We can visit him whenever we want, but she was still laid up recovering from the C-section so getting around for her isn't easy yet. They have him on an IV and are working to get his blood sugar up to the normal range. It sounds like it could take 24-48 hours to get him up there, so we'll probably be making several trips down the hall to see him and try to get him nursing.

Still, it was the greatest thing in the world to see my son and when I got to hold him for the first time.

Just came back from a quick visit of Baby Nun. He is doing very well, his blood sugar is at normal levels now and they are weaning him off the IV. WIth luck we'll have him back in our room tomorrow afternoon. Wife was able to get up and we wheeled her down there as well, so everyone is doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Bier, must have been the Vail air. :wacko:

Just came back from a quick visit of Baby Nun. He is doing very well, his blood sugar is at normal levels now and they are weaning him off the IV. WIth luck we'll have him back in our room tomorrow afternoon. Wife was able to get up and we wheeled her down there as well, so everyone is doing well. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Great news! Congratulations!!!

Bier, must have been the Vail air. :D

So Bier is the father? :wacko:

Congrats Bier!!! :D