[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dumbest poll ever

whomper

Old man or not  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Is Chet an old mans name or not ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Puddy

My brother and I commute to NYC everyday by bus. We work at the same company.We take the bus with a lot of regulars but dont really know many of them by name. Over time we have developed many nicknames for a lot of these regulars that we use when we are referring to these people amongst ourselves. These arent their real names but to us , it is how we know them. For example

The Mayor- A heavy set guy that says hello to everyone on the bus and makes a pageant out of walking down the aisle to his seat

Exhausted Ed- A guy who gets on the bus and immediately pretends he falls asleep in the aisle seat to try and discourage people from sitting next to him and allowing him the luxury of an empty seat (more space) next to him

Ducky- This hot blonde (little bit of a butter face) whose feet shoot out like this

Lombardi- A guy who looks like the twin brother of our uncle whose last name is Lombardi

anyway there is an older man on the bus that me and my brother really like. He has the brill cream in his hair and looks like a tough old salt. We have both given him a name that we consider an old mans name. One of us named him Chet and one of us doesnt agree that Chet is an old mans name

Ill tell the other name later because I dont want people to lose focus and start comparing the names to see which is a better old mans name

What says the huddle to this mindless noodling ?

So two guido brothers arguing over names and they both sell lace. And I thought the Jersey Shore guys were pretty.

Oh and I'll vote yes to an old man's name. It's short for Chester and outside of our Chester here, the youngest one I remember is Chet Lemon and he's probably 55.

Oh and I'll vote yes to an old man's name. It's short for Chester and outside of our Chester here, the youngest one I remember is Chet Lemon and he's probably 55.

:wacko: And out Chester's real name is not Chester, it is for Chester Cheetoh.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say "no". I suppose I should have voted "Puddy", cuz I guess it depends. The "old school" names are kind of back in fashion right now, so I have actually heard of some people naming their kid "Chet". Definitely worthy of an old salty dude, but is finding its way back into the naming lexicon these days.

It's an old guy's name for sure. An old, tired, seen-it-all, Air Force sergeant who still keeps his closet at home looking like his locker on base. An old, old guy who knows how to squeeze every moment of pleasure out of taking a good dump. Someone who can use a hammer to fix about any car problem. Yeah, that's Chet.

So two guido brothers arguing over names and they both sell lace. And I thought the Jersey Shore guys were pretty.

aw, man ... I voted Puddy. Chet is the name for the blonde kid in all the 80's movies (like in Back to School) or for the big brother in Weird Science. Those 2 guys ruined the name for me, no offense.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

aw, man ... I voted Puddy. Chet is the name for the blonde kid in all the 80's movies (like in Back to School) or for the big brother in Weird Science. Those 2 guys ruined the name for me, no offense.

The only Chet I know was actually a nickname we gave him because he was the older brother to a friend of ours and had less than endearing habits that reminded us of Chet from Weird Science.

I think of Chet as a younger nickname. Go with Walt.

While my brother is grinning from ear to ear that you guys are voting in his favor, this post made it worthwhile for me. Unsolicited you sort of picked my choice for the old mans name that I want to give to this guy. I chose Walter. I think Walter is a better old mans name than Chet.

I grew up with a Chet, state wrestling champ, bodybuilder... guy is stud. I don't associate it with old men. Walter, as in Matthau, is definitely an old guys name. Walt Disney...

I accociate it with the late Walter Payton.