[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Movies Get You Everytime

Menudo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dirty dozen:

Sam Baldwin: Jim Brown was throwing these hand grenades down these airshafts. And Richard Jaeckel and Lee Marvin

[begins to cry]

Sam Baldwin: were sitting on top of this armored personnel carrier, dressed up like Nazis...

Greg: [Crying too] Stop, stop!

Sam Baldwin: And Trini Lopez...

Greg: Yes, Trini Lopez!

Sam Baldwin: He busted his neck while they were parachuting down behind the Nazi lines...

Greg: Stop.

Sam Baldwin: And Richard Jaeckel - at the beginning he had on this shiny helmet...

Greg: [Crying harder] Please no more. Oh God! I loved that movie.

No man should ever quote 'Sleepless in Seattle.' Of course, what does it say about me that I immediately knew which movie this quote comes from.

the scene in 'the patriot' always gets me when the youngest daughter who wouldn't speak to her dad finally breaks down on the beach and calls for her papa ...

:wacko:

Yeah, that one gets me too.

Stalag 17 - Sefton(William Holden) finally busts the stoolie(Peter Graves)

Outlaw Josie Wales - The meeting between Josie and Ten Bears

Unforgiven - William Munny shows up at the bar to kill Little Bill

Second Hand Lions - The scene where the punk teenager tries to taste Hub's (Robert Duvall) ribs , Hub brushes him off, punk gets attitude and asks Hub who he thinks he is. Hub lets him know!.

K-PAX - The part at the planeterium.

Birdie - The ending is great.

Nice call on Good Will Hunting, lots of great dialogue in that movie. Really liked Robin Williams performance

Edited by slambo

I havent seen it in ages but there was a movie called The Champ with a young Ricky Schroder and Jon Voight. The final scene makes me blubber like a school girl

Edited by whomper

I havent seen it in ages but there was a movie called Champ with a young Ricky Schroder and Jon Voight. The final scene makes me blubber like a school girl

Here it is. Be warned. It is

Saving Private Ryan. Man, too many moments to list.

This...

the scene in 'the patriot' always gets me when the youngest daughter who wouldn't speak to her dad finally breaks down on the beach and calls for her papa ...

:wacko:

and this.

Robert DeNiro in Bang The Drum Slowly is one of those characters you can never forget. There's one scene in particular that gets me.

A movie that totally surprised me because it got to me unexpectedly was Up. I just thought it was going to be some clever animated movie.

Terms of Endearment :tup:

I won't watch that with my wife anymore. It's really disturbing when the doctor tells the daughter she's dying and she says, "But I don't even feel sick." Hit way too close to home with my cousin dying of cancer at a young age (19).

You want a movie that will tear your heart out, try "The Graveyard of Fireflies". It is one brutal anime. :wacko:

Edited by cre8tiff

I'm gonna go all foreign on your asses just because they're the first ones I thought of, but "ikiru" and, especially, "pather panchali"

the end of saving private ryan got me pretty good, too.

+1. When I first saw him hit it I knew the Mariners had a winner on their hands. His swing is a thing of beauty

Edited by whomper