[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starbucks - What's your drink?

Atlanta Cracker

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been there more than twice since Howard "The Rat" Schultz cried poverty and sold the Sonics to Clay "is dirt" Bennett, and then pocketed millions on his investment. Especially with bikini espresso around every corner!! :wacko:

Really, I go to a little place called "Jitters" and typically get a: grande, nonfat, no-whip, sugar-free toasted marshmallow mocha. If iced, I usually go with a: grande, iced, nonfat, no-whip, sugar-free raspberry mocha.

Starbucks is wayyy over roasted to me. Which makes it taste burnt. Only time I drink Starbucks is when I get some as a present, and then only when I've ran out of Millstone or Tullys. Their best tasting offering as far as coffe goes is their instant. Go figure.

If stopping at a stand to get robbed with friends I will get a triple rasberry latte at 180 degrees. Which is about 2 maybe 3 times a year.

Iced tea with lemon is my drink of choice and one of my only vices left.

Do you guys actually like coffee, or am I talking to a bunch of Maxwell House drinkers? :wacko:

Maybe it's because I drink 4-6 cups a day of black coffee (love it), but to me Starbucks is far from the Olive Garden of coffee like you guys are making it out to be... Go take a road trip across the country with nothing but burnt truck-stop coffee that tastes like chalk, and you'll have newfound appreciation for a good cup of joe.. It actually contributed to my home-sickness having to drink that crap...

My beef with them is how overpriced it is, including their store-brand when you can go to Costco and get several pounds of just as good beans for 10-15 bucks; But I don't think I've ever had a cup of their coffee, plain and black, that didn't taste great when I had no other choice for a good cup of coffee.

Do you guys actually like coffee, or am I talking to a bunch of Maxwell House drinkers? :wacko:

Maybe it's because I drink 4-6 cups a day of black coffee (love it), but to me Starbucks is far from the Olive Garden of coffee like you guys are making it out to be... Go take a road trip across the country with nothing but burnt truck-stop coffee that tastes like chalk, and you'll have newfound appreciation for a good cup of joe.. It actually contributed to my home-sickness having to drink that crap...

My beef with them is how overpriced it is, including their store-brand when you can go to Costco and get several pounds of just as good beans for 10-15 bucks; But I don't think I've ever had a cup of their coffee, plain and black, that didn't taste great when I had no other choice for a good cup of coffee.

That's kinda how I feel. If I am going to pay for coffee I don't brew at home I want to have a pretty good idea of what I am getting. Consistency from store to store with Sbux is amazing, I also drink black coffee but since it is so overpriced already when I do treat myself I prefer to mix it up a bit with a Cappuccino. Of course that is even more overpriced. I am sure there are local shops you can find that do it better but if you are traveling and don't want to risk it you know what you are getting with SBUX.

On the other hand, I think of coffee like beer. I can appreciate a finer brew but as long as I have a brew I won't complain.

Why go to Starbucks at all unless you're going to get a faggy drink? The coffee and espresso are mediocre.

If you're going to overpay for a coffee drink, you should probably get something that tastes good.

I'll say this, having already mentioned I hate Starbucks... I appreciate the fact that they offer free wi-fi. I was in San Antonio today and had to stop and do some work before heading home, so found one, sat out on the patio - despite the 100-degree heat - and slammed a bottle of water while bogarting their wi-fi. :wacko:

I'll say this, having already mentioned I hate Starbucks... I appreciate the fact that they offer free wi-fi. I was in San Antonio today and had to stop and do some work before heading home, so found one, sat out on the patio - despite the 100-degree heat - and slammed a bottle of water while bogarting their wi-fi. :wacko:

Mickey d's also has free wifi