[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers vs. Seahawks

ABearWithFurniture

Wilson started out horrendously.....but that doesn't take away from the fact he led his team to 3 Touchdowns at the very end of the game...and won it.

You know...details.

If Dallas won because an onsides kick bounced off a dudes facemask, and Romo threw a hail mary that was miraculously caught for a 2 pter, this thread would be at 20 pages of people posting how honda lucky Romo got :lol:

The W is all that counts. Conrats on your win

• Like 1

I saw that early line and couldn't really fathom it. To me that's a "back the truck up" line. It appears to have gone down to a pickem. NE should win this one. Belicheck is going to scheme the truck out of this game.

Eerily familiar to the chatting leading up to last years SB.

It hasn't been talked about a whole lot, but I personally think Baldwin's attempt at a Sherman-esque angry postgame interview was a major fail.

That guy is an idiot that can never shut up. ADB= Annoying Doug Baldwin Edited by Seahawks21
  • Like 1

The sickening part is the better team lost. The Packers outplayed the Seahawks all game. I'd be sick to my stomach and it's almost like a twist of fate just with a worse ending. Look at how the Pack beat Dallas last week coming from behind late and now the Seahawks one-upped them.

Seattle just couldn't score and were a turn-over machine today and then with like 3 minutes to go, they drive down the field and Wilson punches it in with 2:09 left. They attempt an onside kick and Bostick lets the ball go through both hands, hit off his facemask and practically hands the ball off to the Seattle player. Plays later Lynch is scampering for a 24 yard TD run after having the ball for 44 seconds leaving just over a minute on the clock. However, they still needed the 2-pointer in case GB gets a FG with the time remaining. LoL! because the Pack get great pressure on Wilson, he lobs up a hail mary to the Willson, who catches it and just barely gets into the endzone. The Pack is able to drive into FG position and tie the game. They go into overtime, the Seahawks win the toss and plays later Wilson, who couldn't get much going through the air for most of the game makes two of the better passes all game by either QB in the game, or any QB all day for that matter, and Kearse is in the endzone for a beautiful 35-yard game-winner.

Unreal!! Now the Hawks go to Zona to be killed by the Pats.

So many plays that if they turned out different then the Packers probably win in regulation. Bostik trying to be the hero on the onside kick or Clinton-Dix stops the two point conversion or even Burnett running up field after his interception would probably have helped.

Pleased as I think the Hawks pose the best chance of stopping Brady and the Patriots.

The sickening part is the better team lost.

I disagree. How many other teams would be able to give the ball away 5 times to Rodgers and co. and still win? The 'hawks D kept one of the best offenses in the NFL out of the endzone for most of the game, keeping the score close despite their offense not doing jack honda for the first 55 minutes.

• Like 2

It hasn't been talked about a whole lot, but I personally think Baldwin's attempt at a Sherman-esque angry postgame interview was a major fail.

A few of the Hawks post game comments were a little peculiar. It seems they were desperately trying to create a "people counted us out" "Us against the world" theme. They were a little shaky early in the season and then obviously righted the ship and took top seed. Nobody is playing the theme to Rocky when we see the Hawks . You're top dog no matter how many try and down play it

As far as the game , I just knew the Hawks were getting that onside kick. Sometimes teams go through a phase where they just have some magic . The Hawks played to the bell and the Packers didn't. All of the instances where the Pack took their feet off the gas have already been mentioned. A healthy Rodgers could have meant the difference as there were a few plays that he had nothing but daylight ahead of him if he could tuck and run but 5 turnovers should give you more than enough ammo to win. The Hawks dug deep and pulled it out. Thats the bottom line. Its was lucky and it was also a product of not quitting and playing like defending SB champs in the final 7 minutes.

Gotta be sick as a Packers fan today. I feel for the Onside kick guy that muffed it. He will be the true goat although he isnt the sole reason they lost .

A few of the Hawks post game comments were a little peculiar. It seems they were desperately trying to create a "people counted us out" "Us against the world" theme. They were a little shaky early in the season and then obviously righted the ship and took top seed. Nobody is playing the theme to Rocky when we see the Hawks . You're top dog no matter how many try and down play it

Those were my exact thoughts when I heard the Baldwin interview. He was trying to make it sound like they were the underdogs, when they definitely were not. Huge comeback win for them, and definitely something to be excited about, but he was making a big deal out of nothing.

A long, hard fought game comes down to a coin flip. See also, week 3.

Right because the Seahawks were scoring TDs on every possession of the game. Wait, whats that you tell me their offense was actually inept for 3+ quarters and the only TD with 50+ minutes played was by their special teams on a fag FG? Yep, stupid coin flip if only GB had won they would have scored a quick TD and won because they were lucky.

It was hard to watch Rodgers, maybe my favorite player in the NFL, at the post-game press conference. As hard as this loss was, players should have the choice to not have to talk about it for at least a day.

They always have a choice, but they can be fined for not speaking to the media. And people will talk about them being sore losers if they don't want to talk (like the guys that don't want to shake hands after a loss).

I'm sure its tough after an emotional loss.

Right because the Seahawks were scoring TDs on every possession of the game. Wait, whats that you tell me their offense was actually inept for 3+ quarters and the only TD with 50+ minutes played was by their special teams on a fag FG? Yep, stupid coin flip if only GB had won they would have scored a quick TD and won because they were lucky.

When both defenses are tired and both offenses are rolling, yeah, the outcome of a coin flip has way too much bearing on the game result. No way a playoff game should end in OT with one team never touching the ball. The format is stupid.

When both defenses are tired and both offenses are rolling, yeah, the outcome of a coin flip has way too much bearing on the game result. No way a playoff game should end in OT with one team never touching the ball. The format is stupid.

I prefer it to the fake format in college, giving teams possesion where they are practically gauranteed to score.

The changes to the NFL OT format make it better, getting the ball and easily winning with a FG isn't going to happen anymore. That SEA TD was a huge play. If the other team has to get possession then what, if both teams score a TD or FG, what another posession for each?

Sucks for GB, but I'd rather not have a nearly infinite style OT.