[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Dude, a defensive posture is not war with Russia. It's an INVASION! Anything that crosses that border should be shot down or destroyed. 

Shot down by who?  USA, NATO?  Yes that would be smart I'm sure the Russians wouldn't retaliate, or even use nukes, Putin is suck a stable leader he won't go (the really bad word)ing nuts. Russia would consider anything like that an act of war, heck look at how they are portraying this entire thing to their own people. 

Just grab your guns, buy a ticket to Ukraine and go volunteer to kick some ass. I'm sure they'd love to have a super soldier like you standing with them. 

PS  Make sure and take your library of silly pictures and memes with you to dazzle everybody with your wit. 

• Sad 1

Seems pretty clear that Putin is throwing a tantrum and wants attention.  My take is that he gets some concessions from Ukraine and maybe NATO.  Hopefully in a few weeks this thing plays out as a minor skirmish.  I do belive the WW3 talk is dramatic hyperbole.

Most reasonable people are in support of USA not knee jerking and giving Putin the reaction he may be hoping for.  Of course the United States is full of unreasonable people who don't seem very smart.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

I think all decision makers on all sides want a war. 

Really curious how one comes to this conclusion?  Their is  a convenient excuse for any decision maker to participate in full out war; but only one actor is provoking and essentially one country reacting directly to it.

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Thoughts?

https://ru.usembassy.gov/security-alert-u-s-mission-russia/

Event:  An increasing number of airlines are cancelling flights into and out of Russia, and numerous countries have closed their airspace to Russian airlines.  U.S. citizens should consider departing Russia immediately via commercial options still available.

The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the Department of State’s Travel Advisory level for Russia is at “Level 4: Do Not Travel.” Click here for the full text of the Travel Advisory for Russia

Because of this Russia has lost air superiority. The Ukrainians can now focus on Belarus and the Russian border. 

13 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Because of this Russia has lost air superiority. The Ukrainians can now focus on Belarus and the Russian border. 

Care to explain? How does the cancellation of commercial flights in/out of Russia cause them to lose their air superiority? Were they using commercial flights to hide their fighter jets attacking Ukraine? 

21 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Really curious how one comes to this conclusion? 

So no explanation?  How unexpected.

A page ago it was Biden giving up on Ukraine but now apparently everyone wants war.  Although reality is showing it to be one guy.  

I legitimately want to learn how these apparent contradictions make it into one person's thought salad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LordOpie said:

This is probably a decoy convoy to get NATO to destroy it with mig29s out Poland.

We will KNOW if the convoy is real or not, by seeing when those MIGs are in flames : BEFORE or AFTER the attack.

Except NATO isn't sending troops or planes into combat in Ukraine. It would take an attack on a NATO member or some other action deemed a threat to one of those nations to cause that. (For example I was reading an article that said if cyberattacks resulted in issues in other countries like Poland that could be seen as a direct attack on a NATO member.)

Edited by stevegrab

40 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Except NATO isn't sending troops or planes into combat in Ukraine. It would take an attack on a NATO member or some other action deemed a threat to one of those nations to cause that. (For example I was reading an article that said if cyberattacks resulted in issues in other countries like Poland that could be seen as a direct attack on a NATO member.)

Correct. If NATO deems this a threat to NATO or any of it's allies they can certainly take action, and still may. I can't imagine NATO just letting Russia take territory, especially that one. 

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Correct. If NATO deems this a threat to NATO or any of it's allies they can certainly take action, and still may. I can't imagine NATO just letting Russia take territory, especially that one. 

I think anyone predicting that NATO will take such action needs to take a deep breath and realize that is very unlikely. It will take agreement by NATO members, since by NATO forces attacking Russian troops they will expose themselves to retaliation by Russia. A mere threat to a NATO member is probably not enough. 

53 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I think anyone predicting that NATO will take such action needs to take a deep breath and realize that is very unlikely. It will take agreement by NATO members, since by NATO forces attacking Russian troops they will expose themselves to retaliation by Russia. A mere threat to a NATO member is probably not enough. 

The difference here though is that the World is condemning it. It may not be NATO but there may be some sort of coalition that steps up to at least defend Ukraine. They're running out of time. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

They are. Russia is moving full steam ahead. If NATO doesn't destroy that convoy miles long, ASAP!, then Russia gets Ukraine and this whole thing is over in a few weeks.

I feel it's in the world's best interest to just let it go.

They have to do something, and soon. 

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

Why? Ukraine was offered NATO under Obama but turned it down, i think, yes? They're independent

That was under the Russian puppet in control of Ukraine. Now they want to get into NATO, but Trump made sure that didn't happen. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Isn't that exactly

:blink:  Your chubby love boy isn't in Ukraine fighting nor is he an Ukrainian citizen doofus. Do you try to suck horribly at making rebuttals?

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So now there are reports of Russian troops sabotaging there own equipment and surrendering?

The fact that Putin, who’s usually as well disciplined and well calculated as possible has made so many  mistakes with strategic planning has many within the Intel communities concerned that he’s now mentally unstable. 

And even Russian troops are openly wondering the same thing. 

It reminds me of what US troops were saying when 45 ordered them out of Europe & the Middle East during his presidency. 

Putin could be faking this “madman scenario” but his mental capacity also could have been affected from covid isolation and/or him aging. 

Typically, he would not be the type of leader to send troops well beyond their supply chains, but there’s already a lot of examples of this happening. 

This is good for allied forces but it’s also concerning if he's actually unhinged. Maybe it's time someone in his inner circle shank him in the jugular.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

This is good for allied forces but it’s also concerning if he's actually unhinged. Maybe it's time someone in his inner circle shank him in the jugular

Let's hope so. I don't know what he's thinking, even if he takes Ukraine at this.point, then what? His people didn't want this. You may be right, that could be his fate. 

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Let's hope so. I don't know what he's thinking, even if he takes Ukraine at this.point, then what? His people didn't want this. You may be right, that could be his fate. 

It seems rather clear this isn't going the way Putin envisioned.  I think maybe he wanted to strong arm his way into Ukraine for negotiation purposes.  Still not convinced he was looking at long term occupation.  Now he may be worried about playing the fool.

Edited by Bobby Brown

• DMD locked this topic
  • DMD unlocked this topic