[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IT'S OVER - JOE BIDEN IS PRESIDENT ELECT!!

irish

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Yep, look at the people who believe the stolen election, they've been doing that for well over a year. 

Joe Biden won fair and square just like you wanted but are we better off for it? You're a GD liar if you say we are better off today. 

Edited by League_Champion
  • Sad 1

"America's jobs recovery got an unexpected boost in January despite the Omicron variant spreading rapidly throughout the country. The economy added 467,000 jobs last month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said Friday, significantly better than most economists had expected.
Still, the report blew expectations out of the water. The consensus forecast had been for only 150,000 jobs. Plenty of economists even expected job losses."

For President Joe Biden, it makes for a nice report card: The economy added 6.6 million jobs during his first 12 months in office, making it the best first year for a president ever.

"Standing out among the most notable declines in the last year is Americans’ satisfaction with energy policy, which has fallen the most this year of all the issues measured, likely the result of higher gas prices, Gallup says. Satisfaction fell 15 percentage points since the start of 2021, to a satisfaction rate of 27%.

Satisfaction with the state of the economy at large has dipped as well, falling 10 points after a 25-point drop the year prior. The decline comes as unemployment, economic growth and the stock market saw improvements in the last year, but Gallup notes that inflation is likely a major driver of the decreased satisfaction in the overall state of the economy. Similarly, satisfaction with government regulation of business has also taken a tumble to 28%, perhaps resulting from federal efforts to impose coronavirus restrictions even on the private sector.

Americans’ satisfaction with U.S. military strength and preparedness also saw double-digit declines from a year earlier, falling by 13 points to 61% after a chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal. And satisfaction with U.S. abortion policies likewise fell substantially to a new low of 24% amid a controversial Texas abortion law that bans most abortions in the state beyond six weeks of pregnancy and as the Supreme Court is expected to weigh in more broadly on Roe v. Wade, the landmark case which established a constitutional right to the procedure prior to fetal viability." - Gallup Poll

Yup. One cycle that has been inarguably true in America since 1989:

Republican administration is handed a good economy, economy hits the skids, Democratic administration gets elected and ramps up economy and hands off economy to Republicans where most economic indicators plunge again.

Wash, rinse, repeat from Bush1 to Clinton to W to Obama and then to Trump. A 33 year pattern.

Biden is barely in his 2nd year.  Januarys job report is good news for those who don't hate America.:headbang:

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

what if he didn't win fair and square?

every single US citizen should want (demand!) fair and transparent elections. Maybe Biden did win fair and square?! But there are still questions being discussed today, not by tinfoil hatters, but by state legislatures.

If there are problems, they need to be fixed. Democrat voters should demand this as much as Trumpers. Anyone who disagrees is opening the door for the other side, whoever that side is, to cheating. And anyone who participates in cheating is a traitor and should be hung by the neck until dead.

I think there are issues with voting security and The Democrats seemed to agree several years ago. But Republicans need to just STHU about the Biden election and actually try to get something done about it. They do themselves no favors at all siding with Trump and conspiracy theorists.

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

And Democrats need to quit touting jobs added as if it's a huge accomplishment when we are still nowhere near pre-pandemic employment rates and probably won't be for many years (and Presidents) to come.

Edited by rajncajn

15 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i didn't realize you were so closed minded. Oh well. 

like, did you know that Bush Sr was behind the assassination attempt on Reagan?

Big difference between being a conspiracy theorist and being closed-minded. Huge... Bigly...

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

What's 2% of the current population?

17 people. 

You said that probably we won't get to pre-pandemic employment rate "for many years (and Presidents) to come."  We are about 2% away from that and made up about 2% in 2021 alone.  I'm not an economist or a statistician; but given the rate increase in 2021, jobs report in January 2022, decreasing omicron spread,  pre-pandemic employment by end of 2022 seems  plausible.  

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

17 people. 

You said that probably we won't get to pre-pandemic employment rate "for many years (and Presidents) to come."  We are about 2% away from that and made up about 2% in 2021 alone.  I'm not an economist or a statistician; but given the rate increase in 2021, jobs report in January 2022, decreasing omicron spread,  pre-pandemic employment by end of 2022 seems  plausible.  

You do understand why the rate of increase is so high,  don't you? It doesn't matter if we get back to prepandemic levels this year, next year or the year after. All they are doing is filling the hole left by Covid. You don't measure success by letting water find its level. There is no gain until you've reached the previous mark and exceeded it. A monkey (Trump) could have accomplished the same thing without lifting a finger.

11 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

I fully understand you are attempting to change the argument from your original claim.  :)

You're cherry picking a part of what I said that neither of us can prove or disprove. Maybe I did overstate that fact. It doesn't change the argument.

The Biden administration is disingenuously taking credit for what would have occurred naturally, regardless of what administration is running the show.  It's nothing but Trump-level braggadocio. Until they actually reach and exceed pre-pandemic levels, it means nothing.

13 hours ago, rajncajn said:

You're cherry picking a part of what I said that neither of us can prove or disprove. Maybe I did overstate that fact. It doesn't change the argument.

The Biden administration is disingenuously taking credit for what would have occurred naturally, regardless of what administration is running the show.  It's nothing but Trump-level braggadocio. Until they actually reach and exceed pre-pandemic levels, it means nothing.

Just like the right blames Biden for inflation, high gas prices, etc.   I'm not saying you do it, but it happens regularly in discussions all over. Biden is bashed constantly, BS about the "border crisis" which is no different under Trump or how "Biden is shipping illegals all over the country", sure like the legal workers here on visa to do work in Florida where protestors showed up to complain. 

On 2/4/2022 at 6:28 PM, rajncajn said:

Maybe I did overstate that fact. 

Lol.  You essentially claimed we were a decade or two away from something that maybe realized this calendar year.

Give yourself more credit for doing more rhan 'overstating' a 'fact.' :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobby Brown

8 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.  You essetialy claimed we were a decade or two away from something that maybe realized this calendar year.

Give yourself more credit for doing more rhan 'overstating' a 'fact.' :rolleyes:

Whatever,  the argument still hasn't changed. Democrats are taking credit for what would have happened regardless of who is in office. That's something Trump would do. When they've actually made up the ground that was lost during covid I'll be somewhat satisfied. IF they can surpass it, then I'll concede that they've actually done something to warrant praise. 

• DMD locked this topic
  • DMD unlocked this topic