[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Russell Wilson to Broncos

darin3

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:
Cap ramifications: Russell Wilson was to count $37M in 2022. Seahawks save $11M in '22 and take on on $26M in dead money. Per @ESPNStatsInfo
, that's the second-most dead money a team has ever incurred. Philly ate $33.8M in the Carson Wentz trade

Wait till you see the dead money Green bay takes on 2 years from now.

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

I know a lot of people will disagree but it is the right move. They had to maximize his value while he still had some. Time to reload. 

Exactly.

Like the Lions did with Stafford last year.

47 minutes ago, DMD said:

Have to think that their Super Bowl success bringing in Peyton Manning influenced their willingness to pay that much.

The Broncos - even with Russ - are still gonna have to do some incredible things to make the Super Bowl in that division/conference.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

It's not about the later.

I guess some of you think Wilson is at the end of his career? 

I think he can have another five great years and five good ones after that. If so, then this deal is cheap!

I don't think they'll need great out of Wilson. He needed to be great in Seattle because the offense was so boring, stagnant and predictable. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I like it for both teams. The issue is not just the price of the picks and players, but Wilson will be be getting a hefty salary too. It's one thing to give up assets, it's another to give those up and pay a guy a ton. But whatever, that is the way it goes. The Broncos were mired in mediocrity and going to be there a while until they got a QB, so it makes sense. They probably were just good enough they'd never be getting a top QB either without trading up. 

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I don't think that at all. I just think in that division combined with Wilson's salary, the draft capital they gave and an underrated Shelby Harris, they will struggle to control the division. It's just a feeling really, nothing more.  I do like Abert O and agree he has more upside, so I feel like that part is a wash as long as he can stay healthy. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ptheoret said:

Hope this leads the Seahawks trading up to 6 for Willis and let Panthers recoup some draft capital

Still hearing panthers love Pickett and have numerous connections- owner is a Pitt booster and Rhule orriginally recruited Pickett, so they know each other.

15 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think he can have another five great years and five good ones after that. If so, then this deal is cheap!

Wilson easily has a good 5 years left (barring serious injury)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

I've never been a huge Russell Wilson fan but I am definitely intrigued to see what he can do in a new offense. That offense in Seattle didn't do him any favors. Javonte Williams could be in for a monster season 

Jerry Jeudy is smiling. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think I'd sell Albert O. He'll get more opportunity and have success, but i bet many will over value

Joe Bryant (@Football_Guys) Tweeted:

Albert Okwuegbunam fans looking at Russell Wilson's TE PPR finishes for the past 5 years:

‘21 Everett TE21

‘20 Hollister TE38

‘19 Hollister TE23

‘18 Vannett TE31

‘17 Graham TE6

Hat Tip to @Murf_NFL https://t.co/SCNjQdXSfe https://twitter.com/Football_Guys/status/1501683563481251847?s=20&t=va0elR_lJ5TCmPLuAQYBDg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, irish said:

Joe Bryant (@Football_Guys) Tweeted:

Albert Okwuegbunam fans looking at Russell Wilson's TE PPR finishes for the past 5 years:

‘21 Everett TE21

‘20 Hollister TE38

‘19 Hollister TE23

‘18 Vannett TE31

‘17 Graham TE6

Hat Tip to @Murf_NFL https://t.co/SCNjQdXSfe https://twitter.com/Football_Guys/status/1501683563481251847?s=20&t=va0elR_lJ5TCmPLuAQYBDg

That's what drives me crazy about Wilson, he doesn't check down, ever!