[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deebo Samuel removes pictures, unfollows team on social media

League_Champion

First two seasons, he ranked No. 31 and No. 95 for fantasy WR. Last year, he ended as No. 3 when he lasted 16 of 17 games. Now he wants to cash in and probably will force the 49ers to sign him to a pricey contract.  And his usage could change if they end up going with Trey Lance as well. At least he's doing it now and forcing their hand instead of just suddenly not showing up to training camp later in the summer. He's an impact player to be sure.

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

I also heard he was not terribly happy about his usage as a rb.  plus, in a contract year... the pounding would increase probability of injury

Makes sense that he would want the payday. I just don't get the "I unfriend you" approach on social media.  That's not how any of this works. 

38 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Makes sense that he would want the payday. I just don't get the "I unfriend you" approach on social media.  That's not how any of this works. 

It's the millennial passive-aggressive way of showing discontent.  He'll get paid and will "re-follow" and put everything back to normal once he's satisfied.

16 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Because you don't think like a teenage girl ;) 

Edited by stevegrab

15 hours ago, darin3 said:

It's the millennial passive-aggressive way of showing discontent.  He'll get paid and will "re-follow" and put everything back to normal once he's satisfied.

Did hid agent approach the team 1st and ask for more, or a new deal.  This could be his react after the 5th time he has tried to re-do or sign an extention.

• Like 1

The production he had last year could be a good negotiator for a new contract but geez, having a.hissy fit.doesn't help his.cause. like a little school kid that.if he doesn't get what.he wants he'll take his ball.and go home. These talented youngsters need to grow up. Guess he's wanting big money to be only a receiver and not run the ball but that combination is what gives him the leverage for a new deal. Being a 49er fan I don't like his antics but I guess this could be what.the NFL is evolving into, whiny little brats.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:48 PM, rajncajn said:

Please tell me you were quoting the old ladies from that commercial and I was the only one to catch the obscure reference 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, whomper said:

Please tell me you were quoting the old ladies from that commercial and I was the only one to catch the obscure reference 

My wife hates it when I quote obscure manure, but can't remember what time I have to be at the school for a band concert. My kids are the same way, though.  They get it when I'm quoting something and it goes completely over the wife's head. Always good for a chuckle.

I think its so dumb that these players are doing this passive aggressive thing to tell their boss they are unhappy and want to leave. Social Media is so dumb sometimes. If you are unhappy you tell the ownership and ask for a trade or for them to fix the problem. A few players have done it already and it will become more and more of an occurrence.

• Like 1

I've seen this reported a few times now...

San Francisco 49ers WR Deebo Samuel has demanded a trade, he told ESPN's Jeff Darlington on Wednesday, April 20. Samuel's reason for a trade demand is not about the money, and he apparently has issues with the way the Niners have used him, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

Can somebody explain to me what he doesn't like? Is it the receiving, is it the running, or having to do both?  He had a great year last year, even his receiving stats alone were pretty impressive 

77rec on 121 targets, 1405yds, 6TDs

But add in his rushing (59-365-8) and his total numbers are massive (136 touches 1770yds, 14TD). He won't get that just receiving, and if he wants to be paid based on that giant season he had last year you cannot say "but don't do that with me" to the team. 

This unfriending the team stuff on social media will definitely get worse as the players get younger and more self absorbed in social media. Demanding trades has gone on before, but the more it happens the more people will grow tired of it. Not sure what the solution is, but if it bothers fans you can bet GMs and owners are fed up. 

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

This unfriending the team stuff on social media will definitely get worse as the players get younger and more self absorbed in social media. Demanding trades has gone on before, but the more it happens the more people will grow tired of it. Not sure what the solution is, but if it bothers fans you can bet GMs and owners are fed up. 

The bad thing is that some of these players have all the pull they want because they showed they are one of the best. So the owners have to listen to the player. Even if they would release him he will get what he wants and go to another team. Teams will trade just so they can get something for them.