[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB room in KC- is Jerrick rising?

FinishTheDrill

Seems everyone I talk to lately is saying that CEH is a sell while you can.   I dont have him, so its not a question of what should I do.

More jsut curious, I dont hear much about the once discussed Pacheco "taking over". 

That leaves McKinnon.  Is he quietly going to take over the backfield, or will it be an ugly split?  

Are people just down on CEH since he let so many people down in the past?  

Curious.  

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

McKinnon had 7 carries for 20 yards. He's not taking anything over. As long as Andy Reid is there it will always be a running back by committee, he makes no bones about it. 

This is the biggest problem. You can tear your hair out figuring out the splits every week with Reid. He makes owning a chiefs rb unpleasant 

1 hour ago, Chief Dick said:

McKinnon won't be the main guy ever unless an injury happens.

Clyde is still the 1 but Pacheco is moving up fast. But as with anything Andy Reid, I wouldn't trust any of these guys on a regular basis other than Clyde.  

CEH has been a great RB3 to own. Clearly more than that and has produced.

Loved seeing him get the rock at the end when everyone knew they were running. That answers the OP's question.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

CEH has been a great RB3 to own. Clearly more than that and has produced.

Loved seeing him get the rock at the end when everyone knew they were running. That answers the OP's question.

This.  McKinnon is an afterthought.  It's all CEH for now with more and more Pacheco likely coming.

• Like 1

McKinnon has always been more of the 3rd down guy who spells CEH more than just a backup would. But since the WRs have been so meh, it stands to reason that Reid will want to get playmakers on the field to make plays. And guys like MVS and Hardman aren't really playmakers, so that means the rookies (Pacheco and Moore) may see more opportunities. 

Outside of Mahomes and Kelce, who are a lock for fantasy lineups, CEH is the only other Chief that should be in lineups. You can worry yourself about snap counts and touches, but the guy is delivering (even against a stout TB defense) so you ride him while you can (or trade him if you think you can get good value).

• 3 weeks later...

I think the most important thing here isn't who is starting or even who gets the bulk of the workload. It's the fact that all 4 of their backs combined for only 16 carries, 87 yds & 2 receptions on only 4 targets for 36 yds. Even if you combined them all, the only thing they did worthwhile is score 1 touchdown making them (combined) a fairly average player. Whoever is starting could be a nice RB3 or spot fill-in, but I wouldn't want to guess who it is that's starting and you may well be kicking yourself like this week when you see the other backs getting more points. I really like Pacheco once he's really given a shot at taking the bulk of the touches, but who knows when that will ever be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

I think the most important thing here isn't who is starting or even who gets the bulk of the workload. It's the fact that all 4 of their backs combined for only 16 carries, 87 yds & 2 receptions on only 4 targets for 36 yds. Even if you combined them all, the only thing they did worthwhile is score 1 touchdown making them (combined) a fairly average player. Whoever is starting could be a nice RB3 or spot fill-in, but I wouldn't want to guess who it is that's starting and you may well be kicking yourself like this week when you see the other backs getting more points. I really like Pacheco once he's really given a shot at taking the bulk of the touches, but who knows when that will ever be.

Good post.  I own CEH in exactly one league, McKinnon / Pacheco in none.  I'm actively trying to trade CEH.  Just not a backfield I want any part of given the way Mahomes is just spreading the ball around to his WR/TE group.

2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Good post.  I own CEH in exactly one league, McKinnon / Pacheco in none.  I'm actively trying to trade CEH.  Just not a backfield I want any part of given the way Mahomes is just spreading the ball around to his WR/TE group.

This is kinda funny because earlier in the season I was trying to get the CEH/Brian Robinson owner to trade me CEH for Antonio Gibson (I have Pacheco) straight up and he turned me down. Now though, I'm more happy I didn't make that trade.

Edited by rajncajn