[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Trade Deadline Discussion- Players and Predictions

Shaft

27 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Young Pro-Bowl Linebackers don't grow on trees. I wonder how hard they tried to keep him? A second and a fifth doesn't seem like fair compensation. 

As a Bears fan, this one hurts.  The one guy who was consistently fun to watch ball.  Totally agree that 2nd and 5th seems really light for a former early 1st rounder who is a top Pro.  But get the free agent thing too.  Ouch.

6 minutes ago, Butkus said:

As a Bears fan, this one hurts.  The one guy who was consistently fun to watch ball.  Totally agree that 2nd and 5th seems really light for a former early 1st rounder who is a top Pro.  But get the free agent thing too.  Ouch.

How hard did they try to keep him? Was it a money thing? Because they have tons of cap room. 

1 hour ago, Def. said:

Roquan to Baltimore?  Really?  :(

I can't tell you how pissed I am, both as a Roquan owner in multiple leagues and a die-hard Bears fan.  

I don't know how to project his stats for Baltimore.  Patrick Queen hasn't been what they thought but he's still a very capable tackler.  I would move Smith down a notch or two at minimum based on this trade.

Just now, darin3 said:

I can't tell you how pissed I am, both as a Roquan owner in multiple leagues and a die-hard Bears fan.  

I don't know how to project his stats for Baltimore.  Patrick Queen hasn't been what they thought but he's still a very capable tackler.  I would move Smith down a notch or two at minimum based on this trade.

Baltimore's scheme is just utter trash for linebackers.  Though I do wonder what Chicago would spend money on at this point, I understand not wanting to meet a $20+ mil a year contract expectation or play the FT game with him.  Linebackers are basically the runningbacks of the defense when it comes to contracts. 

2 minutes ago, Def. said:

Baltimore's scheme is just utter trash for linebackers.  Though I do wonder what Chicago would spend money on at this point, I understand not wanting to meet a $20+ mil a year contract expectation or play the FT game with him.  Linebackers are basically the runningbacks of the defense when it comes to contracts. 

It's utter trash for DL and DB too.  It's where DBs (especially safeties) go to die.  Look at Kyle Hamilton.  That guy would be tearing it up if he played for the Jets or Miami or something.  

I hope Smith is somehow the one to buck the trend of having poor production from LBs.  This isn't Wink Martindale's defense anymore.

10 minutes ago, Bel Air Bobcat said:

Are the Browns attempting to showcase Hunt before they trade him?

And the funny part is they haven't been using him as much in recent weeks to avoid getting him injured so they could trade him. 

11 hours ago, irish said:

And the funny part is they haven't been using him as much in recent weeks to avoid getting him injured so they could trade him. 

Is that something you read somewhere or just your opinion. I know he was used less lately (fewer carries and targets) but was still on the field the same amount (just under 50% snaps). I think the absence of Njoku meant more opportunities for Hunt. Well that and running the ball 44 times as they dominated TOP. 

I'll miss him if he is gone. I doubt they had a firm trade ready, or else he would have sat or barely played to avoid injury. I suspect they are looking to get a better offer, one they'd be willing to accept, especially if they still have hopes of competing for the playoffs.